Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Game Ever

PnHobbitPnHobbit Member CommonPosts: 195
This is truly a game that encourages thinking.

I got gate ganked, what did I do? Did I scream bloody murder and cancel? No, I learned from it. The game provides me options to avoid the camp altogether, to actually run it by fitting certain modules, or to join with my teammates and stomp the enemies out of existence.

I had map problems, what did I do about it? I talked to a stranger who was in my alliance and despite not knowing me he spent a few minutes to listen to my problem and he promptly gave me a solution so that it works perfectly now. He went out of his way to help.

If I have a lot of free time I can mission run. If I want to just study and I still want to play I can trade in high security space.

I've made quite a few friends already and met some quite interesting role playing fellows, one guy was really into his character and was trying to convince me to join his uprising to uproot piracy from his homeworld's system.

It's great.

Comments

• bawldybawldy Member Posts: 151
    Originally posted by PnHobbit

I got gate ganked, what did I do? Did I scream bloody murder and cancel? No, I learned from it. The game provides me options to avoid the camp altogether, to actually run it by fitting certain modules, or to join with my teammates and stomp the enemies out of existence.

I had map problems, what did I do about it? I talked to a stranger who was in my alliance and despite not knowing me he spent a few minutes to listen to my problem and he promptly gave me a solution so that it works perfectly now. He went out of his way to help.

If I have a lot of free time I can mission run. If I want to just study and I still want to play I can trade in high security space.

I've made quite a few friends already and met some quite interesting role playing fellows, one guy was really into his character and was trying to convince me to join his uprising to uproot piracy from his homeworld's system.

It's great.
    Game is good, the company that runs it is not.

Read up on the details from these forums and others. Many gaming sites have reports on the scandal topics.

http://www.gamesetwatch.com/2007/02/eve_online_trouble_in_deep_spa.php has a few details to start you off with.

Know how your $$ is being spent, make a decision based on all teh facts, and decide if you want to give $$$ to ccp (or your parents).

think of it as giving your money to be abused for someone else's pleasure.

real life > any game

if you still want to pay to play after being informed, have fun...

ccp the "we cheat for our buddies and are proud of it" company...

• PnHobbitPnHobbit Member CommonPosts: 195
    Who cares, they are messing with virtual items. The fact is that some people in general aren't proper with their authority, just because there are some bad apples doesn't mean you don't use anything off the tree. It's just human nature. I'd bet there is a lot of cheating going on in every game you don't hear about because you never find out.

I'm having fun, that's what matters for me when I play a game.
  • PhelanLPhelanL Member Posts: 99
    Originally posted by bawldy

It's great.

Read up on the details from these forums and others. Many gaming sites have reports on the scandal topics.

http://www.gamesetwatch.com/2007/02/eve_online_trouble_in_deep_spa.php has a few details to start you off with.

Know how your $$ is being spent, make a decision based on all teh facts, and decide if you want to give $$$ to ccp (or your parents).

real life > any game

It was one of my corpmates who had all of his accounts banned for ratting out the cheating dev and I still think that CCP do a better job than any other company.  I'd rather have devs that play the game and actually understand the game than have the retards at SOE or EA developing my game.

• bawldybawldy Member Posts: 151
    Originally posted by PhelanL

Originally posted by bawldy

It's great.

real life > any game

It was one of my corpmates who had all of his accounts banned for ratting out the cheating dev and I still think that CCP do a better job than any other company.  I'd rather have devs that play the game and actually understand the game than have the retards at SOE or EA developing my game.

or as reality has displayed:

CCP lies, coversup the cheating of many of their employees, bans those that exposed the truth of their corruption, and your ADDICTION to the game weights more on your willpower then common sense to not enable a real life company to behave as CCP has.

It is about real life behavior of CCP, and unless your addiction is a problem, then you can see this.

DEVs and other ccp employees have a test server to know how the game works, they should keep their corrupt greedy little dishonest fingers out of the pay-to-play customers server.

...and really, if they are DEVs and WROTE the code to the game, then what excuse could they have to NOT know how the gameworks???  "gee, I wrote the program, but I have no idea how it works..." ya, that makes all kinds of sense...

ccp the "we cheat for our buddies and are proud of it" company...

• PnHobbitPnHobbit Member CommonPosts: 195
    You are just as blind assuming that all the people saying there was some horrible atrocity committed is true. Drop it and leave room for some possible discussion or you go on the block list.
  • ownedyou1ownedyou1 Member Posts: 364
    SWG Pre-CU is the best mmo of all time, hands down.