Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you having fun playing? or are your just after the goodies?

KillikKillik Member Posts: 33

Ask yourself this question: Do you have FUN playing wow?  or are you just spending your time and money trying to get some 1337 items and after feel it was worth it?

Personaly I wasn't having a blast playing the game after awhile, I was just after the cool looking items, and I seemed to be really happy after (which I'm not surperiesed after spending countless hours trying to get that ONE item).

My spoon is too big -_-

Comments

• EichenkatzeEichenkatze Member Posts: 340
    I used to play the game for fun.. and then it grew old and i couldn't simply play it for the fun of it. It felt more like a grind to keep up with friends in their 60 grinds... and then the expansion came and the new doors opened! Hoorah! But sadly enough, not for this troll hunter... it just wasn't enough . I fell out of love with World of Warcraft and have become bored. So just this month i ceased my subscription to World of Warcraft. =/

Everquest - 2000 - '02
    Anarchy Online - '01-'02
    Earth and Beyond - '02-'04
    Star Wars Galaxies - '03-'06('07)
    World of Warcraft - '04-'07
    Age of Conan - '08 - shelved.
    -Waiting on-
    Star Trek Online
    SW: The Old Republic

• KillikKillik Member Posts: 33
    The problem with wow is nothing really changes thoughout the game: There is no story to get involed in (which is a shame considering the warcrafts had such good stories) and nothing really changes as you progress except for the length of the dungeons and the number of mobs in them with the slight exception of pvp but not everyone is quite into that.

My spoon is too big -_-

• zethcarnzethcarn Member UncommonPosts: 1,558
    And the fact that the PvP does nothing to change the so-called World,  it only changes the power of your character.  You can't even take over even meaningless bases or towers,  let alone big cities.
  • GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

The whole point of WoW is really that u should play to get the gear. WoW is really designed to be a big race to get the best gear and e-peen. This is the whole point of WoW, and will probably always be. It's also really the point some see in working. They want to progress and get higher and higher positions. Really whole our world is based on this logic.

Anyways. I do have to say that I enjoy the game and this constant race to become the greatest e-peener. Some people doesn't enjoy it, and some does. So really the whole point of the game and the reason that many enjoy is it is because of that they are after the epics.

• KnightblastKnightblast Member UncommonPosts: 1,787
    Originally posted by Godliest

The whole point of WoW is really that u should play to get the gear. WoW is really designed to be a big race to get the best gear and e-peen. This is the whole point of WoW, and will probably always be.

Yep, that's what motivated people pre-TBC.  You would see them preening in front of the Bank in Ironforge, displaying their e-peens.

But what happened with TBC was that Blizzard made the e-peens more fragile and less long lasting, and made the rest of the game catch up to where the e-peeners were.  This was a tough blow.  Sure, you can get more "epix" at 70, but the delta between those epics and non-epic gear is not great, while getting that epic gear is a hellacious grind, and one that will likely result in gear that, again only modestly better now than non-epic gear, will be promptly obsoleted upon the next expac.

So by at the same time (1) decreasing the difference between e-peen epix and non-epic gear and (2) makingetting those epics harder (with all of the rep grind involved), and both in the context of obsoleting when the next explac comes ... it's really not hard to see how TBC's design, which was well-intentioned, took a lot of the gas out of the endgame for the people who bought into the e-peen structure of the game.  By trying to level the playing field a bit, Blizzard took away the main motivation for many of its hardcore subscribers: namely, to play hardcore, and not have a level playing field and instead have an e-peen.
  • XeratixXeratix Member Posts: 130
    Thats the whole point of playing games......

You play games who reach a goal... either in WoW to get good items and have fun...

or to beat someone else by a race game etc....

If games didnt go anywhere they wouldent be fun...
  • KillikKillik Member Posts: 33
    Originally posted by Xeratix

Thats the whole point of playing games......

You play games who reach a goal... either in WoW to get good items and have fun...

or to beat someone else by a race game etc....

If games didnt go anywhere they wouldent be fun...

First of all work on you're grammar b4 posting. Secondly, WoW doesn’t really have many goals in it other than get to the max level then spend countless hours doing the same instances over and over again, trying to that one item. There is no story or plot to WoW which I find is really sad considering warcraft had such a good story. Without a story, wow seems like nothing but a grind, and grinds have no real challenges you just kill the mob (that stands no chance against you) then go to the next one until you level up only to go on to another mob. Since wow doesn’t require much skill or strategy, it just turns into clicking the same few skills over and over, again and again.

If you enjoy grinding that have fun with your insanity.

My spoon is too big -_-

• OntarioManOntarioMan Member Posts: 39
    Speaking of goals and ever changing worlds, dynamic always fun gameplay, and etc. How does everquest 2 rank in these types of subjects? Is it the same or different as wow?
  • UgottawantitUgottawantit Member Posts: 146

I played wow for 4 months over a year ago and got bored and went back to my beloved Eve.   Just before TBC came out, things got really ugly in Eve, so I decided to quit and go back to Wow and level my char up for TBC.  I'm really glad I did.  TBC is the game I always wanted Wow to be. If your gonna make a fantasy game then give me fantasia, they did in Outland.  I  have found everthing I have seen so far in Outland to be much more creative and fun than the original Wow.  Moreover, most of the people playing on my server are in outland. Even if I can't find any guildies around (which is rare) there are plenty of pugs. I never play Wow alone anymore, and isn't that what mmo's are all about? Getting to know people and playing with them is what we pay that monthly subscribtion for.

TBC is also handing out gold and loot like it's christmas.  I'm having fun again, and for me, that's what it's all about.

• paperclaypaperclay Member Posts: 53
    Originally posted by Killik

Ask yourself this question: Do you have FUN playing wow?  or are you just spending your time and money trying to get some 1337 items and after feel it was worth it?
    Personaly I wasn't having a blast playing the game after awhile, I was just after the cool looking items, and I seemed to be really happy after (which I'm not surperiesed after spending countless hours trying to get that ONE item).
    too bad you have to ceased your subscription to w0w, but the goal of w0w is not by having some stories in the game it is all about being the best of the best amongst the characters in w0w..to be the greatest player of all the servers.. this means that not only your character that gained this acomplishments but also because of your hard work and your good skills and way of thinking on how to come up with your best