Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Minimum Requirements

Can someone tell me what the the minimum requirements for a computer to run this game or where can i find that information?

Sorry if this question was already awnsered in another topic but i failed to find it.

P.S. If someone could give me a probable release date it would be very nice too

Comments

• CeohaiCeohai Member Posts: 305
    pretty sure they havnt announced anything yet, but they have said that the reqs would be similar to Oblivion.
  • AnneyTehMageAnneyTehMage Member Posts: 12
    Windows Vista and Direct X10, most likely requiring you to purchase a new rig.

Release date is October 30th of this year.
  • McPwnMcPwn Member Posts: 17
    If you can run oblivion then your good, and you dont need vista or DX10
  • AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857

System requirements?

A general rule of thumb has been that if you can play the single player game Oblivion and have a cable modem or something nearly as fast/faster you should be able to play this at least on minimum requirements. The game is designed to work with Windows Vista and its DirectX 10, but those systems (while they boost topend performance) are not required, Windows XP and directX 9 will work just fine. A recent FC interview stated that AoC's current minimum requirements are "roughly 3 ghz P4 (or equivalent), ATI 9800 / NVidia 5700 and around 1 gig memory", it went on to mention they were working to lower memory requirements.

So I copied from my own post on the AoC forums, I'm lazy like that when it comes to these kind of questions.

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

• Xix13Xix13 Member Posts: 259
    Ah, good to know.  Oblivion works fine on my rig, even though it's a little below what you mention here (2.3 GHz P4, Radeon 9700 pro, 1 gig RAM).  To date, I've yet to run into anything that's really been beyond my system, so I'm encouraged.

-- Xix
    "I know what you're thinking: 'Why, oh WHY, didn't I take the BLUE pill?'"

• JadarJadar Member Posts: 300

I wouldn't be surprised if part of the reason for the game's delay is to allow for a rise in the average machine's graphics processing power, that, and by fall there will be greater penetration of DX10 cards. It was quite a move, from a spring release to the Holidays. Let's face it, this game is going to suck down every GPU cycle it can get its grubby, muscular hands on. I've got an X1800 and the LOTRO client was giving it more that it could take, even at 1280 res. There are minimum requirements and there are minimum playable requirements, I can't see this game being enjoyable with my current card. Let's hope there is some serious price competition when ATI/AMD finally get their new stuff out the door.

• BrognanBrognan Member Posts: 78
    ATI 9800 seems a little low for a game like oblivion...guess ill be ok getting an ATI Radeon X1650 PRO i was gonna get one of those 7xx mb vid cards but those cost ALOT lol

• WerppaWerppa Member Posts: 211

My main concern is if AoC will be resource hog (like Vanguard). I have 512 ram and FX5600. I don't care about the quality.

"I actually cook my meat with nothing but my burning hatred for vegetables"

• FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348
    I can tell you right now that a 5700 and 512mb of ram isn't going to cut it I'm afraid. But look at the bright side, you've got 6 months to upgrade. :)

I'm personally able to run Oblivion fairly well on low-mid settings with my current system, AMD XP 2600+, Crucial 1.5g PC333, ASUS A7VX-X, BFG 6600GT OC 128. But I've already started upgrading, both for future games and of course, AoC. Trouble is, for me, a lot of standards have changed, from socket A to socket AM2, from AGP to PCI-E, from IDE to SATA, from DDR333 to DDR2. So I've slowly started to upgrade. I've got myself a nice new ASUS motherboard, a 3500+ duel core, a 180g SATA hard disk, just need a new video card (which I'm almost saved up for) and I should be able to play the game quite well indeed. Total cost will be around $500. I <3 Newegg.

• RehmesRehmes Member Posts: 600
    Yeh by the time is scheduled to release a lot of the DX10 canrds will be more readily available at a more competetive price. But as stated before you wont need vista od DX10 to run the game. But i know i WILL be upgrading, ive been waiting for this game and i wanna play it with the best scepc i can afford.
  • McPwnMcPwn Member Posts: 17
    penryn + bearlake = before Q3 07 = AoC uber high settings 100+ fps

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    Well am glad i wont have to buy that pile of trash of a OS to play AoC.
  • thetankthetank Member Posts: 200

Well i guess this game is very demanding so i'll upgrade the following things on my computer:

Intel Corde2 Duo 2.13Ghz

Motherboard: ASROCK 945G

RAM: 2GB DDR2

GRAPHIC: GEForce 8800GTS 640 Mb GDDR3

This will be what i will buy. Plz tell me if it's enough to run AoC

P.S. Is a GeForce 7600GT 256Mb DDR3 able to run this game as well?

• AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857
    Originally posted by thetank

Well i guess this game is very demanding so i'll upgrade the following things on my computer:
    Intel Corde2 Duo 2.13Ghz
    Motherboard: ASROCK 945G
    RAM: 2GB DDR2
    GRAPHIC: GEForce 8800GTS 640 Mb GDDR3
    This will be what i will buy. Plz tell me if it's enough to run AoC

P.S. Is a GeForce 7600GT 256Mb DDR3 able to run this game as well?

Its plenty enough

Running a GeForce 7600 will do just fine, but you should know that the 8800 is all you need on that system to run Vista and Direct X10, if you do indeed want the extra good graphics AoC has to offer.

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway