Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Download taking long

SnoogemsSnoogems Member UncommonPosts: 99
my download of the client is at 100 percent but it is down to 0.0 kB/s and is at 21 hour download estimated. is there anyway to speed it up.

Comments

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821
    It depends on the download manager your using but I find with most if you pause the download then resume it it will force it to switch to a new mirror site and the download will continue. As I said though this is highly dependent on the Download Manager software you are using.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• TechleoTechleo Member Posts: 1,984
    Never had that problem. Sounds like you used the wrong download client.

Not much I can do to help!
  • badkid1235badkid1235 Member Posts: 1

you should use orbit downloader it is fast at downloading and free

• dapprmandapprman Member UncommonPosts: 20
    I've got teh same issue - I can only find the 1.0 beta client and no patches.  Can't get a bit torrent seed to work and have separate downloads going from two mirrors.

Is there some where I can get the 1.6 code from ?

--
    Active : World of Tanks Beta, Navyfield (NFEU despite GM bias)
    Past : WoW, DAoC, CoH, Eve, Voyage of Century, Warhammer Beta, Planetarion, various MUDs (during the 80s)

• dapprmandapprman Member UncommonPosts: 20
    Gets worse - I checked the official forum and can see no where for this, but not only is the version wrong, but there are corrupt files in the install :(

--
    Active : World of Tanks Beta, Navyfield (NFEU despite GM bias)
    Past : WoW, DAoC, CoH, Eve, Voyage of Century, Warhammer Beta, Planetarion, various MUDs (during the 80s)

• IvorichIvorich Member Posts: 20
    try the http column from this page: http://www.voyagecenturyonline.com/download.php

I tried the BT path and got nowhere, but had no problems at all with the http path.

~It's an honor to serve~

• oceanspiritoceanspirit Member Posts: 47
    i know, this is really stupid. how popular do u think they can make this game be, if most people have problem download it.  so much for give this game a try, how can u try when u can't even get it to work. most of the link the main website provided need u to signup or even pay a monthly fee to download it from another website.  the BT ones are not working, and the number 11 and 12 always stop downloading when it reaches 60~70%. i know cos i tried them all. so in the end, in my view this game doesn't worth a try at all. since the downloading part is already enough to drive a person crazy.
  • ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Downloaded with no problems here...

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky