Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

*blush*

WolfbiteWolfbite Member Posts: 34

I did a 5-man run in Mana Tombs in World of Warcraft today, and the quest that I was looking to complete bugged on me, so I couldn't turn it in after having done it. So I wrote a ticket to Blizzard, asking them to fix this, since, after all, I spent three hours of my life for nothing (well, I got reputation and a very nice drop, but who cares, I was there for the quest). So I got a reply from a GM, and we discussed it a little, and of course he couldn't do anything about it, so I wrote "*slits wrist*" and "Oh well, I'll go mental in the streets now. Thanks for answering." You know, silly, bad jokes that you write to online friends in games when you're frustrated but take things with a smile. So after a while I logged off, and onto another character I have. And I was contacted by another GM:

[Aralaxis] (that's the GM): Greetings Drizzlefixx (that's me gnome), this is Game Master Aralaxis. I'd like to talk to you regarding the recent ticket you submitted to us. Do you have a moment to talk about it?
[Drizzlefixx]Er...well, yes, but another GM talked to me about it? o_O
[Aralaxis]Indeed, however I'm concerned about your issue. Please contact any of these resources if you are thinking about hurting yourself in any way:
[Aralaxis] http://www.befrienders.org
[Aralaxis] http://www.ifotes.org/support.html

[Drizzlefixx] Oh dear gods, I was joking. Sorry if I came across as serious.
[Drizzlefixx] I was just bummed that I spent three hours for nothing.

[Aralaxis](here I didn't take a picture, but he mentioned something about that they take all talk about hurting oneself seriously, hence he contacting me)
[Drizzlefixx] You guys are serious, aren't you. Well, in that case I certainly won't make comments such as that again.
[Aralaxis] Thanks, we're grateful for your understanding.
[Aralaxis] I wish you a good evening, Drizzlefixx, safe travels.

[Drizzlefixx] Thanks, you too. :)

Now, at first I was shocked, that they actually took it this seriously, but after a while I actually felt a bit silly, that I caused unneccessary work/worry for a GM. While most of their responses are pre-written, generic stuff, this GM did actually contact me, and I really appreciate that, no matter how bound by his job contract he might have been. This could perhaps save a few lives here and there, so cheers for Aralaxis! :)

Comments

• godpuppetgodpuppet Member Posts: 1,416
    How do you know that the life after this one isnt as a World of Warcraft character?

---

• Working in online customer support I can tell you that suicide is one of the few things our legal team gives us preset macros for. Like what the GM did we would supposed to direct you to a help agency. I guess its one of those things that the companies are worried about getting sued over if you actually follow through with it.

• VormirVormir Member UncommonPosts: 135

I dont play the game, so i cant say the CS there is cool.

But that GM knows his work. kudos to him. and although it was a joke, suicide? pffft lots of good games ou there ;)

cheers

• JTJT Member Posts: 401

Hahahaha.. they can help you with real life, but not with the game. You should have made more threats.. maybe then they would have fixed your problem.

• Teran1987Teran1987 Member UncommonPosts: 202

zOMG I should make threats of suicide in my next ticket, maybe I'll get a faster answer...*waits 4 hours* XD

On a side note..why'd he have links? o.O are they prepared for this crap? >.>

On another note, if you play CoH and a quest bugs on you, they complete the quest for you XD. Or you can abandon the quest, and still get the prize rofl, but abandoning can only be done once a week or something, and my quest on it wasn' "bugged" persay, but i kept running into invisible walls (what's the name for invisible walls in games? o.O i know there is 1....) but yea, the CSR on CoH was like, "You mind if I complete this quest for you?" I was like....:o.....CRS: Hello? Me: :o.... XD he did though in the end and that was the fastest quest for me evar :p

Attention spans are ovverated (in reply to the post below mine XD)

"Life is not judged by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

• Originally posted by Teran1987

zOMG I should make threats of suicide in my next ticket, maybe I'll get a faster answer...*waits 4 hours* XD

On a side note..why'd he have links? o.O are they prepared for this crap? >.>
    If you have the attention span try to read all the posts in the form next time, I covered it in a above post.
  • XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
    Originally posted by JT

Hahahaha.. they can help you with real life, but not with the game. You should have made more threats.. maybe then they would have fixed your problem.
    Following this advice would result in the local authorties being contacted and you would recieve a free visit from your neighborhood police. Then you would really feel embaraced for wasting the police officers time. Unless ofcoarse you live in one of those places where threat of suicide will land you a 72 hour stay in a hospital which would be billed to you. Great advise!
  • PhoenixsPhoenixs Member Posts: 2,646
    Didn't that actually happen on time. Someone said the same things to a gm, or on the phone support and kept on saying it. After a while the local police knocked on the door. I think it was even posted somewhere on these forums.
  • JTJT Member Posts: 401

Originally posted by Xzen
    Originally posted by JT Hahahaha.. they can help you with real life, but not with the game. You should have made more threats.. maybe then they would have fixed your problem.
    Following this advice would result in the local authorties being contacted and you would recieve a free visit from your neighborhood police. Then you would really feel embaraced for wasting the police officers time. Unless ofcoarse you live in one of those places where threat of suicide will land you a 72 hour stay in a hospital which would be billed to you. Great advise!

Believe me, the local police would not act on a call from some unknown person calling from a MMORPG game company about threats of suicide. And no, I would not be embarassed.. in fact if an officer did happen to show up.. we'd probably both get a laugh out of the whole thing. 72 hours in a hospital? Not sure where your from, but most people who are really crazy and do this kind of stuff are lucky if they get a night in a hospital around here. I work at a Veterans Hospital and we don't even do that.