Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Enchanters role in EQ2

redCashionredCashion Member Posts: 5
I played an Enchanter in EQ1, and now a Psi in Vanguard.  I'm thinking of leaving Vanguard, it's a good game but not a great one and I want to see what else is out there.  I'm wondering if the Enchanter has a similar role that it did in EQ1 with good crowd control abilities and generally being a sought after member of a group?  How does it do soloing?  Any thoughts?

Comments

• MwahahaMwahaha Member UncommonPosts: 126

Enchanters (coercer/illuisionsts) roles don't differ much from EQ1.  In the low to mid part of the game they aren't in high demand that I have seen (been playing 2 weeks after launch btw).  From what I've seen on my server many raiding guilds are looking for those 2 classes. 

Soloing with these classes are basically the same with coercer being a bit more risky if you choose to charm a pet while the illuisiont has their own pet, a "persona" which is basically a pet that looks like you and casts the same spells you have.  Depending on the version (app1 thru master1) it will cast spells of varying power.

A couple things to note here: a illuisionst can mezz while on the run, a coercer can mezz while stunned/stifled.  A illuisionst has more mezzes than a coercer and a coercer has more stuns. Both basically have the same abilites and do the same thing minus some key spells (aka coercer mem wipe).

Played:  EQ, EQ2, Vanguard, WAR, WoW, LoTRO, CoX, CO, GW2, FFXIV: ARR, AoC, Rift, TSW, SWTOR, TERA, BnS, ESO

• QuellickQuellick Member Posts: 1

The simple answer for illusionist and coercer is..

Buffing - Power regen, haste, Damage Per Second modification, Hate Gain (For Melee if Coercer) or Hate Reduction (for casters if your an illusionist)

Mez - Its nearly impossible to pull more than you can handle unless your doing it on purpose and if you are you prolly are in a group that has massive AoE damage and your doing it to clear an area fast.  (Mez can be used on raid targets but it only lasts about 30 seconds and then they are immune for 2 minutes so its more or less a stun)

DPS - Meh.. not so much.. though I have seen at least two Illusionist that can DPS pretty well (usually top 10 of a parse) on raids but it mostly grouped encounters.. but its deffinetly not the main roll of these classes.

Raid Role - Buff Bot plain and simple.. they want your hate gain on the tank and mana regen and resist helpers.  Certain encounters are made much easier with a Coercer's mem wipe spell.  Illusionists though are pretty much just buff bots for the caster DPS groups. (See note on DPS)

PVP - Played right no can defend.  With the mez and stun these classes get you can pretty much keep anyone on lockdown and just kill them.  Occasionally people win due to a well timed interupt or get a huge hit off but more or less these classes can dominate if played right.

Soloing - Both classes can pretty much solo almost anything in the game thats not raid content.  With there stuns and mez they can basicaly nuke stun. mez.. wait.. nuke stun mez wait.  takes awhile but I have seen both classes kill even con heroic named that would paste other classes in shot order solo.

Thats pretty much it... not a popular class by and large but they do have a tendancy to make group encounters very boring as the badies just kinda stand around and die.  Can be very satisfying if your a control freak hehe.

• diknakdiknak Member Posts: 70

Join the Butcherblock server, create a coercer, get to level 68, and join The Chosen!  We could always use another one.  They are very desirable classes in groups and raids.  Soloing might be a little hard for you though.