Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes: In The Works Web Page Launched

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes announces In the Works page. This is a spot for players to check out all the updates being made by the developers.

Ever wondered what kinds of things the developers of Vanguard have in store for the game? Wonder no more! With the new In the Works webpage, we will be giving a quick glimpse of the projects we're currently working on. The page will show both short term and long term goals, as well as provide a top 10 bug list.

Read more here.

Comments

• snipergsniperg Member Posts: 863
    Lol will we be voting the bugs that are going to be in the top 10? Or there would be randomly selected from a list so we can vote them of like in a reality show?

A friend is not him who provides support during your failures.A friend is the one that cheers you during your successes.

• farudimfarudim Member Posts: 48

- "ok, how's this... we just keep telling them that affinities will be comming soon."

-"You mean as in bullshitting?"

-"Yeah!... That way we can keep most of them for atleast a couple of months"

-"ok, I see where you're going....how about we tell them that we have brought in our expansion team to help us complete them."

-"....our expansion team?"

-"yeah, you know... Vern, from accounting"

-"oh yeah, right!"

-"....Ok I guess we're done here then, let's go get lunch....sushi anyone?"

• ImpyrielImpyriel Member UncommonPosts: 711
    If you are still playing this game, go smash your face into a brick wall. You will get more from that I promise.
  • GerecGerec Member CommonPosts: 185
    If you're still trolling this game, go get a life. You'll get a whole lot more from that.
  • mentalmonkeymentalmonkey Member Posts: 85

lol this is good, a top 10 bugs list, at the top of the "in the works" list should be 1. making pointless (yet  funny) web pages rather than actually fixing this game.

In the works...

1. making pointless webpages

2. pretending we actually care about y'all

3. making the game acceptable for launch

4. making an expansion ($)

5. lunch

6. meh

7. fix a bug or two

I used to play this but now i cant b asked, EVE ftw!

EQ2 player
    Ex - EVE Online addict
    played -
    SWG, EQ2, Vanguard, Planetside, Second Life, EVE-O and a few randoms

• damkardamkar Member Posts: 83
    This web page is an excellent idea. It tells us players that the developers are aware and addressing the issues. It doesn't take more than 10 minutes for one of 100 employees to create this page and it is much appreciated. Of course, it also tells me what their priorities are and I can have an informed long term expectation. For example,  part of their long term goals: Greater LFG functionality. In my book, that should have one of the top 3 priorities of the game in the short term in addition to optimization of the client. Fixing quests for a game in which grouping for them is a challenge indicates a priority problem. Now I know that either I adapt to the grouping problem for the long term or just jump ship.

• cupertinocupertino Member Posts: 1,094
    Ill be impressed when they have the guts to put up an OFFICAL forum. And no game should have a top 3 bug list let alone a top 10.

• boingedboinged Member UncommonPosts: 161
    All MMOs contain bugs and all MMO sites should have a list of those they are aware of and at least thinking of fixing. As players we're all accustomed to these glitches and while they can be frustrating, just knowing that the devs are on the case can ease our concerns. Communication is key.

It would be better if they had short, mid and long term plans - it's a bit worrying that displaying helmets and better LFG functionality are 'long term'. How far in the future is that? Patches seem to come thick and fast with Vanguard so here's hoping it's not next year.
  • HexxeityHexxeity Member Posts: 848

I'm pretty sure the first item on the list is a typo for "Lots of bug fixes."

HA!  That pretty much says everything you need to know about this game.

• chewdog82chewdog82 Member Posts: 20
    lol I agree, if your still playing this game you got a lot of work to do in your views on a good and solid MMO, and yes I also agree, why the F would you spend time making some lame site about bugs, when that should be on your main site already, and why would you even waste the time, you have how many bugs currently agrivating the 1000 ppl that do actually play this game lol, gg
  • PhoenixsPhoenixs Member Posts: 2,646
    Looks disturbingly like the page they had during beta. Even many of the same bugs
  • PerkoPerko Member Posts: 62
    Wow, you guys are being tough on the poor devs.  I don't play Vanguard, but I wish LotRO had something similar.  As it is we're left wondering what our devs think is important and what they're actually working on over there.  I can only hope post-release we'll get something like this.

I really don't see what there is to be upset about.  It was widely known the game shipped unfinished, at least 6 months early, or it wouldn't have shipped at all.  Either you bought it anyway, & should have known that, or you did and didn't.  Either way, you should shut up and let them at least try and finish the thing now.
  • boingedboinged Member UncommonPosts: 161
    Originally posted by chewdog82

lol I agree, if your still playing this game you got a lot of work to do in your views on a good and solid MMO, and yes I also agree, why the F would you spend time making some lame site about bugs, when that should be on your main site already, and why would you even waste the time, you have how many bugs currently agrivating the 1000 ppl that do actually play this game lol, gg
    Who do you agree with, the off-topic flamers in this thread?

People who play it know just how solid and good it is, some don't care about the occasional crash, some do and quit. Your point? Are you suggesting that we should limit ourselves to playing MMOs that have a certain minimum client uptime per session? Why stop there, all games crash eventually...

Er if you think it should be on the main page already then doesn't that explain why they were justified in spending the time making the bug page?

And it is on their main page: http://vgplayers.station.sony.com. Not on the front page of course - who the hell puts a bug list on the front page?

And why waste time? Well you already requested the feature and they obviously need more than 1000 players so hopefully more intelligent people like yourself will come and join!

I already gave out my buddy key or I'd help you out man.
  • tkobotkobo Member Posts: 465

Originally posted by Phoenixs

Looks disturbingly like the page they had during beta. Even many of the same bugs
    Hhahahhahahahhahahahahahah.
  • Shroom_MageShroom_Mage Member UncommonPosts: 863

Originally posted by Gerec
    If you're still trolling this game, go get a life. You'll get a whole lot more from that.
    QFT

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss