Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

aint noob friendly

Chronicles99Chronicles99 Member Posts: 4
aint to noob friendly went and read as well as heard all the tutorials and hum yeah i gave up about 6 hours into my 14day trial this game isnt for everyone.

Comments

• RollotamasiRollotamasi Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 898
    Yep

-Currently looking forward to FFXIV

-Currently playing EvE and Global Agenda

• It wasn't that hard.

• CyanosisCyanosis Member Posts: 2
    Dude when i played EVE i felt stupid compared to a downsindrum person who can drive manual! *cry*
  • afroburzingafroburzing Member Posts: 71
    you must have a very low IQ, I thought eve was a fairly simple and straight forward game when i started i was 13 YEARS OLD LOL!
  • flakesflakes Member Posts: 575

Nice to comment on someones IQ

Anyway...yes it has a steep curve in the beginning if you are used to "casuall" mmorpgs.Eve is not for everyone but then again to everyone it's own.Eve is a thing you need to bite through the first month/months to then see it for what it really is.I,n myopinion the one and only really free and player controlled mmorpg with the only reall player economy.But that's just MY thoughts on the game.

• PyscoJuggaloPyscoJuggalo Member UncommonPosts: 1,114
    Being that most MMORPGs are the "kill, loot, repeat circle jerk" and Eve offers a hell of a lot more, it's going to be complicated.  MMORPGs are, for the most part, so simplistic that you get bored of them in less than a week.  Eve has so much, that at first you are confused for a week or two

Though I'm sure the advancement system for Eve pisses a lot of people off too.

But yeah, in the end, no MMORPG is for everybody.  Not even WoW.

--When you resubscribe to SWG, an 18 yearold Stripper finds Jesus, gives up stripping, and moves with a rolex reverend to Hawaii.
    --In MMORPG's l007 is the opiate of the masses.
    --The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence!
    --CCP could cut off an Eve player's fun bits, and that player would say that it was good CCP did that.

• EqvaliserEqvaliser Member Posts: 74

just to keep this silly and pointless post alive..

i play Anarchy Online, Eve Online and several other mmo's

both those 2 are proberly in the steep end of the learning curves.

But what im sure messes with people, is the fact that if they are

fast reading/fasttracking through a tutorial then they miss half of it

or plain and imsply dont understand it.

Same as i, didnt get shiz from the tut.. skip skip skip..

Learn by doing is the way to go..  if you fail start over.

no harm done..  and if so, who cares. Then you are the mofo

that fails a few million times, but ewentually succeded.

isent that what rpg is about in the first place. ? 

ahh oh well  haveing fun is also a part of it,,  But thats

just a feature many game devs forget to incorp in the later

games in this new mellenium.

Old games are to notch,,  just like Eve ;)  Hail..

------
    Playing MMO's since my first which was Ultima online, then Anarchy online. and so on.. ;)
    Now a days im very critical before i ewen bother downloading a Free to play mmo.

• lowradslowrads Member UncommonPosts: 200
    I have a coworker that refuses to do the tutorial.  He doesn't understand why I refuse to take him pirating.  Mostly it's because of questions like, "What's the scanner?," "Where am I?," and "How come I can't fight Concord?"

• mercadermercader Member Posts: 81
    I did the tutorial, I like the game but I feel a bit daunted by the fact that I am ALWAYS going to be behind the veterans, no matter what I do, main prob for us newbs here. Going for PotBS instead to start with a level playing field, still liked the EVE concept and imersion.
  • mcai8rw2mcai8rw2 Member Posts: 57
    HELL NO!

This game is FAR from friendly to noobs.

I followed the tutorial, which gave me a handle on the basics of ship control/navigation, but after that YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN.

Annoyingly, the agent missions that follow the tutorial really require you to buy a new ship! But no one tells you this, you have to find out via the community.

The agent missions will kill you repeatedly if you attempt them in your Ibis.

The learning curve is massive, but I reckon it'll be a game to really get my teeth into.
  • admiralnlsonadmiralnlson Member UncommonPosts: 240

The tutorial tells you to buy a new ship as soon as you can.

Don't mix up noob and impatient gamer.

---
    Waiting for: GW2
    *thumbs up*: GW, Eve(, WoW)
    *thumbs down*: MO, GA, FE

• TulisinTulisin Member Posts: 47

There are two ways to interpret your post:

1. You couldn't beat the learning curve. EVE doesn't really have that bad of a learning curve compared to the rest of the market, they just choose to throw a lot of stuff at you very quickly. Of course, all MMOs have little bits of info that'll be new to you all throughout your first several years of play. The task is daunting, but if you take the time to think about each step of the tutorial, it gets down to being intuitive pretty quickly.

2. You were "pwned" by a pirate. This is another way the game could be considered "newb unfriendly" but frankly EVE is *very* PvP-centric, and all PvP games are pretty newb unfriendly. You just have to live with/avoid being killed (everyone dies eventually, even the vets) until you're on a competitive level.

• MoobkradMoobkrad Member Posts: 308
    It will always be difficult to some what for others is piece of cake. Just like in school there were those which excel at math or grammar; same thing. For those starting the game, take the tutorial for the basics. Then as any other MMO, look for others. I'm sure that there are people like me with the patience to teach the noobs.
  • LordSlaterLordSlater Member Posts: 2,087
    Originally posted by mcai8rw2

HELL NO!

This game is FAR from friendly to noobs.

I followed the tutorial, which gave me a handle on the basics of ship control/navigation, but after that YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN.

Annoyingly, the agent missions that follow the tutorial really require you to buy a new ship! But no one tells you this, you have to find out via the community.

The agent missions will kill you repeatedly if you attempt them in your Ibis.

The learning curve is massive, but I reckon it'll be a game to really get my teeth into.
    I found this very odd really after all the tutorial advises you to buy a new ship and if you did the tutorial you would have the cash and more to do this. So what was the real problem?

• FensusFensus Member Posts: 211
    The only problem I experienced when i played the trial was just trying to get my head around the sheer size of the universe.. that map can be confusing
  • MoobkradMoobkrad Member Posts: 308
    Originally posted by Fensus

The only problem I experienced when i played the trial was just trying to get my head around the sheer size of the universe.. that map can be confusing
    It's great, more ground to cover.
  • kosterovkosterov Member Posts: 21
    Game doesn't  "suck" you inside as soon as you start to play. Heck i tried 2 or maybe 3 times to really start to play and enjoy it. It's not newb friendly, because of cruel economy and story. I suggest that you as soon as possible join one newb friendly enough corp to get some help and money. That's what i did when i started
  • ptsakirisptsakiris Member Posts: 25
    EVE today is VERY Noob Friendly.

When we started back in 2003 (beta), nothing existed. And I mean NOTHING. To make 100k ISK took ages. Free PVP in "Empire" and to get a cruiser was huge step forward while 90% had still frigates.

Now any new player with can make 100k in 2 hours, have few Level 5 skills (those gunnery L5 took weeks to train). Also new players start with 1,000,000 SP. When we start (even 1 year ago) the cap was 200,000 SP (no Level 5 skills either).

Eve isn't easy. It's a difficult game. But if you ask and get advice from others how the things are working, you will be competitive in 3 months. Enough time to make money to cover future ship and loses. Get a Thorax or Maller and join the PVP realm.

If your tactics are good, you can pod even 4 years old players (not solo).

Stop crying. It's not another mmorpg for children. It's a REAL MMORPG with the majority of players above 30.
  • ShoalShoal Member Posts: 1,156
    Originally posted by Chronicles99

aint to noob friendly went and read as well as heard all the tutorials and hum yeah i gave up about 6 hours into my 14day trial this game isnt for everyone.

This is a serious game for folks that are ready to make a serious commitment to playing it well.  It is not for Casual players.  No, you don't need to be a 24/7 shut-in to play it, and play it well.  But, you must dedicate yourself to actually learning the game.  Any aspect of the game you come across is going to take some serious investigation and learning to understand and use effectively.  Every skill, every ship, every piece of gear, must be understood to be used properly.

It is simply not possible to even grasp the basics of EVE in 6 hours.  Even after 14 days, you will have a handle on only the most fundamental of concepts.  And probably be wrong on 50% of what you think you know.

No, I don't play EVE.

At least not until they put in 1st Person Cockpit mode.

But, study it, give it a full test.