Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will you still play...

arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581
this game if Brad is not involve?.. will you still play it? with so many problems in this game and i still see fans trying hard to defend it, isit because Brad is involve or you really like the current state of the game? Please, i would ask all of you that is playing to stop playing and relax ... do other things for a few days and seriously think would you still play VG if Brad is not involve?

RIP Orc Choppa

Comments

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581
    seriously be clam and really think about it........ pls do not reply in anger or flame

thank you

RIP Orc Choppa

• CaesarsGhostCaesarsGhost Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136
    I figure if they can mess up SWG in 2 years, fix EQ2 in 2 years, then VG will really rue the day in 09. :-D

- CaesarsGhost

Lead Gameplay and Gameworld Designer for a yet unnamed MMO Title.
    "When people tell me designing a game is easy, I try to get them to design a board game. Most people don't last 5 minutes, the rest rarely last more then a day. The final few realize it's neither fun nor easy."

• dragonacedragonace Member UncommonPosts: 1,185
    Originally posted by arctarus

seriously be clam and really think about it........ pls do not reply in anger or flame thank you
    LOL!  For some reason that line made me laugh.

I'd reply but, I need more time to think about it. 
  • CaesarsGhostCaesarsGhost Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136
    so I'll check back in the end of 08... too many options to waste my time with a game I'm not having fun with.

- CaesarsGhost

Lead Gameplay and Gameworld Designer for a yet unnamed MMO Title.
    "When people tell me designing a game is easy, I try to get them to design a board game. Most people don't last 5 minutes, the rest rarely last more then a day. The final few realize it's neither fun nor easy."

• TedDansonTedDanson Member Posts: 513

seriously be clam and really think about it........ pls do not reply in anger or flame thank you
    Everyone, be clam, and no one is going to get hurt!!!
  • arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581
    yap, i know its hard to reply with such a contrast in both side, but for those ppl that hvnt tried the game, even any mmorpg, to really state the facts and let others to judge why you hate or like about the game. none of us play all mmo....

RIP Orc Choppa

• tetsultetsul Member Posts: 1,020

Well I don't normally but since you asked so nicely...

• csthaocsthao Member UncommonPosts: 1,121

honestly there really isnt much of a point to play a game that didnt come out of the mind of the creator...im sure he had people helping him with the idea, but hes like the main person who thought up of everything and how he wanted it to be...so basically without him everything would have changed, because everyone would have a different point of view to how they want the game to be like...but i like the game the way it is even with all the "so called bugs" i personally dont get affected by them so it doesnt bother me at all, besides i sit on my butt crafting anyway...

although this game is starting to get boring, its better than some or most of the other games i've played...people complain about how the crafting system has so many things u have to click...and i jsut laugh haha...because i rather click all the different steps and gain exp than click 300-400-500 times on the SAME single combine just to gain 1 skill point like in EQ 1...now thats just really boring...to me vanguard crafting is similar to EQ 2 crafting, and having to do so many different steps can help eliminate people botting on crafting...but im really getting off the subject now so i'll stop here...

• HuriaHuria Member Posts: 311
    Originally posted by CaesarsGhost

I figure if they can mess up SWG in 2 years, fix EQ2 in 2 years, then VG will really rue the day in 09. :-D
    Wow! I never thought of it like that. SWG gets ruined and EQ2 gets fixed in 2 years. I have a feeling when EQ2 starts dying off VG will start getting really good. Sony needs a back up game
  • healz4uhealz4u Member Posts: 1,065
    For just about every way, if Brad is not involved, it would be devastating for Vanguard.

I remember YEARS ago people telling me about this game and wanting to be apart of it because Brad was involved.  I was obviously not one of those people.  Nevertheless, Brad has talent, commitment and his involvement is one of the most valuable aspects of Vanguard at least up to this point. 

Nevertheless, I do not think Brad should be CEO perhaps.  I think they should hire an MBA-educated person to be CEO and Brad should focus more on Vanguard than the company SIGIL; this would be a great improvement for the game, and his not being CEO might even be welcomed by both company and community, thereby making everyone happy.
  • List02List02 Member Posts: 7

Honestly, I could care less who is in charge of this game when it comes right down to it. What I do care about is this. I followed this game for years, I fell in love with the idea of a game that wasn't so easy you could solo and / or walk through it in just a few weeks (yes like WoW - I don't hate wow, its just too damn easy)

I also liked the fact that originally Sigil stated that they understood the time , effort and money involved in creating a game of this magnitude, but here we are with a half finished (if that) game. i.e. the graphics are far from what they should be, in some places the art isn't even implemented into the game yet. There are higher level areas with little to no content and fubar'd loot tables etc..

I really don't care if its Brad, or anyone else who runs this game, but they definately need someone who comes forward, comes clean with the fan base about the problems being experianced and offer some sort of compensation to those people who did go out and pay for this game expecting a working version who were and probably still are thouroughly disappointed. You don't go to the store and buy a desk and have them tell you the rest of the pieces will be mailed to you over the next year, nor do you buy a new video game console and have the store tell you you can't play it yet because the rest of the chips will be in over the next 6 months and are still being worked on.

So I guess my short answer is No, I would not play this game even if Brad weren't involved anymore due mainly to the fact that once again (this is far from the first time with Brad or Sony) that we were lied to or had a sub-par product delivered after promises were made on how this game would perform and what we should expect.

• AbraxosAbraxos Member Posts: 412
    I just canceled this week. I didn't bow at the shrine of Brad but I did long for those good ole EQI days and the sheer excitement of Oasis of Marr and Kunark and Velious. I did assume that Brad was responsible for that goodness and could possibly do it again. I spent about three years playing EQI and keep hoping some game comes out that would be worth that type of investment again.
  • ArawonArawon Member Posts: 1,108
    I played in beta and live till a week ago...then cancelled....just could not stand the frustration/gring/unfinished gaming etc etc any more.What a relief.
  • ynzzzynzzz Member CommonPosts: 43
    Yah, I'd play. Even if Brad (that you all seem to be so fascinated about, even more so than the players and "fans") wasn't involved.

His name does nothing for me and could care less.

I'm going to take that 50. Heck, I'm almost there. It's funny, they say they wanted people to level at this speed, then they best throw out some more lvls or make an alternative lvling thing soon, if they want to keep us.

If people are defending the game, it's cause they like it (unless they're totally screwed). I do (like it that is) and don't see any reason to defend it. Will I like it after 50 as it is now? For a little while maybe, not long without real updates.

• uburex9uburex9 Member Posts: 30

If you don't clam down, you'll pull a mussel!

• olddaddyolddaddy Member Posts: 3,356
    Originally posted by uburex9

If you don't clam down, you'll pull a mussel!

Har, har, Har matey......
  • w175jabw175jab Member Posts: 239
    Not to burn your clams off...  But Brad isn't special.

If you justify quitting simply because a dev left the company then you are completely retarded.

Now quitting because a game lacks qualities or you don't like certain aspects is a different story.
  • VicatinVicatin Member UncommonPosts: 139

AHHH!!!

• nakumanakuma Member UncommonPosts: 1,310
    Originally posted by tetsul

Well I don't normally but since you asked so nicely...

was waiting for someone to do that lol good one bro. had me laughing.

3.4ghz Phenom II X4 965, 8GB PC12800 DDR3 GSKILL, EVGA 560GTX 2GB OC, 640GB HD SATA II, BFG 1000WATT PSU. MSI NF980-G65 TRI-SLI MOBO.

• hundejahrehundejahre Member Posts: 339

I don't play now, I won't play as long as Brad's involved... but then again I probably wouldn't even if he was gone.

• FifthredFifthred Member Posts: 367
    For me who believed in the game for almost 4 years or so, I  feel I can only say that it is dead now. The vision was simply an ego, and the ego was simply incapable of producing a top quality game with todays technologies.  that is my opinion.

I like pie !

• parmenionparmenion Member Posts: 260
    VG isn't perfect, it would have been a much better release if they'd had more time, and if it hadn't been watered down to cater partly to a playerbase that was never going to be particularly interested in it, but there's enough there to keep me happy for sometime. There's lots of positives like the CSR's genuinely trying to stop RMT from ruining the basis of the game, rather than just paying it lipservice in PR releases and turning a blind eye in practice, the return of boats and proper housing that's been sadly absent since UO, really varied and fun classes and grouping dynamics etc etc.

There seems to be a genuine hole in the marketplace for one end of the spectrum, everything I've tested that's new or upcoming is at a WoW or simpler type of level - I'm happy fans of that type of game are well catered to, but whilst some of those games are fun for a short while, they really don't hold the interest very long for the demographic I game with.

If not VG what else?
    Originally posted by parmenion

VG isn't perfect, it would have been a much better release if they'd had more time, and if it hadn't been watered down to cater partly to a playerbase that was never going to be particularly interested in it, but there's enough there to keep me happy for sometime. There's lots of positives like the CSR's genuinely trying to stop RMT from ruining the basis of the game, rather than just paying it lipservice in PR releases and turning a blind eye in practice, the return of boats and proper housing that's been sadly absent since UO, really varied and fun classes and grouping dynamics etc etc.

There seems to be a genuine hole in the marketplace for one end of the spectrum, everything I've tested that's new or upcoming is at a WoW or simpler type of level - I'm happy fans of that type of game are well catered to, but whilst some of those games are fun for a short while, they really don't hold the interest very long for the demographic I game with.

If not VG what else?
    That was pretty funny post . specially this part  "demographic I game with."

Most hardcore gamers are throwing this title in the face of the makers because it has nothing to offer us. What demographic are talking about, arrogant self centered gamers that need to be TOLD they are hardcore because they have no idea what it means ? Seriously , you are why the game is crap , your blind views on what it could of been just simply over whelms your arrogant essence . I guess the Demographic is Rich people with money to throw away on a total pile of shat that makes them feel superior to anyone who doesn't play it because they "The Superior demographic" has been TOLD they are core. I would rather change the Word CORE , to WHORE , because that is all SOE and Sigil are doing to you , Whoring you computers and wallets on pure rubbish. That is just my opinion.

It Just blows my mother !@#$ing miind that people have the arragonce to say that only them where looking for a expaansive world to play in. They really are going to !@#$ me off pretty fast with this type of posting. What mother @#$$% arrogance.

Dude Vanguard is the biggest joke , and the players themselves are becoming a huge part of the punch line . That is my mother @!@#$ opinion.

I like pie !

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    I am still playing. I don't care if "Brad" is involved or not. To this day he still was involved in one of my all time greatest online gaming experiences. I am more than willing to give this game a chance, just like any other game I am interested in. I am not a "Brad" defender nor a basher. The game has it's problems that is true. I am willing to stick with it and see if these problems can be fixed, I think the game still has potential.

Now go to work.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

Originally posted by Slampig

I am still playing. I don't care if "Brad" is involved or not. To this day he still was involved in one of my all time greatest online gaming experiences. I am more than willing to give this game a chance, just like any other game I am interested in. I am not a "Brad" defender nor a basher. The game has it's problems that is true. I am willing to stick with it and see if these problems can be fixed, I think the game still has potential.

Now go to work.
    Exactly , I never played Eq1 but I always thought it was a great gateway to open up the mmo development to bloom.  But I will not stand for arrogance when it comes to gaming.

I like pie !