Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Banned for what?

I got a letter in here which said I was issued a ban for in-game trading whatever that means. I have no idea what that is as I haven't traded anything with anyone ever in here or in the game thru' the forums.

I told them to stop this witch hunt if they wanted to ban me I don't care go ahead. But do it when I do something wrong unlike now. I don't have a clue and right now I'm really pissed I'n being accused of something I haven't done.

Seems to me they picked my name out of a hat or something as I truly don't know what they're talking about.

To the mods, do what you want I haven't done anything wrong but I don't really give a .. if you ban me or not!!

Im so angry right now I even spelled banned wrong.

Comments

• dragonacedragonace Member UncommonPosts: 1,185
    Originally posted by sololoco

I got a letter in here which said I was issued a ban for in-game trading whatever that means. I have no idea what that is as I haven't traded anything with anyone ever in here or in the game thru' the forums.
    I told them to stop this witch hunt if they wanted to ban me I don't care go ahead. But do it when I do something wrong unlike now. I don't have a clue and right now I'm really pissed I'n being accused of something I haven't done.
    Seems to me they picked my name out of a hat or something as I truly don't know what they're talking about.
    To the mods, do what you want I haven't done anything wrong but I don't really give a .. if you ban me or not!!

Banned from Vanguard, or mmorpg.com?  I'm confused.
  • CaesarsGhostCaesarsGhost Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136
    Originally posted by dragonace

Originally posted by sololoco

Banned from Vanguard, or mmorpg.com?  I'm confused. well if he was banned from MMORPG.com he might've put this in The Pub... or Off Topic... or maybe there should be specific folder for "zomg!  bannzored!" or something.

- CaesarsGhost

Lead Gameplay and Gameworld Designer for a yet unnamed MMO Title.
    "When people tell me designing a game is easy, I try to get them to design a board game. Most people don't last 5 minutes, the rest rarely last more then a day. The final few realize it's neither fun nor easy."

• mmcguire2mmcguire2 Member Posts: 310

How much gold did your characters have?  I have heard of people getting banned because they had too much money for their level.  From what I understand it’s a automated system, something SoE is doing.  It looks at level vs wealth.  People are haing issues with the guild “Bank” An idol character that gets resources/donations sent to.  The Alt is level 1 but is rich.

SoE is hard core about banning.  I got banned from PlanetSide and I was only told their system caught me cheating, I wasn’t cheating but they said they couldn’t do anything about it. 

• YukkioneYukkione Member Posts: 618
    Originally posted by mmcguire2

How much gold did your characters have?  I have heard of people getting banned because they had too much money for their level.  From what I understand it’s a automated system, something SoE is doing.  It looks at level vs wealth.  People are haing issues with the guild “Bank” An idol character that gets resources/donations sent to.  The Alt is level 1 but is rich.
      I'm the GL for my guild and I run the bank toon. A lvl one with lots of gold. I havent had any problems. Sorry you got banned OP... If you hadnt done anything then SOE is just wrong.
  • EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Im still confused.....

Is he talking about mmorpg.com

or Vanguard?

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• healz4uhealz4u Member Posts: 1,065
    Well, interesting.

Did you say anything critical of Vanguard in public in-game?

I think there are selective purges taking place not only in the game but also on web forums.

You might be a victim of this, and although it sounds almost remarkable, it is true.
  • List02List02 Member Posts: 7
    For a game that is already seriously hurting for available customers, I find this post rather amusing (not amusing for the person who got banned, I feel for you bud, I really do) I find it amusing that SOE is going to ban people for minimal, if any offense and lose the already dwindling amount of customers willing to deal with their game and the laundry list of issues that you see in almost every post.
    Originally posted by List02

I find it amusing that SOE is going to ban people for minimal, if any offense

I agree. 

Full disclosure:   any and every editor in America, before you publish something in print (newspaper, book, etc.) will tell you not to make any reference or analogy to the Nazis or Nazism.  I am going to violate that principle that serves people so well.

If you look at their behavior from viral marketing to having people's posts on certain forums (e.g., TTH) edited, moved and removed until they are banned, this is typical behavior of a paranoid and tyrannical state.  People, myself included, have been "purged" selectively on a number of forums if their posts are critical of Vanguard.  In fact, many forums are developing policies in which any criticism of Vanguard must be "constructive" or they are moved or deleted.  In fact, even WIKIPEDIA, among other forums and web pages, faced censorship of entries critical of Vanguard.  Simply put, they seek to silence the community, in-game and on forums
    Originally posted by Enigma

Im still confused.....
    Is he talking about mmorpg.com
    or Vanguard?
    I'm with you.  Guess I'll just have to be in the dark until the OP comes back to the thread and perhaps spells out more clearly what happened.
    He stated he was banned for "in-game trading" and my inference is that it was an in-game ban.

Originally posted by healz4u

He stated he was banned for "in-game trading" and my inference is that it was an in-game ban.

Yes, I saw that as well.

But, then these phases have me confused.

"...I haven't traded anything with anyone ever in here or in the game thru' the forums."

"To the mods, do what you want ..."

Those don't really jive with being banned from Vanguard, do they?

• ZarthaineZarthaine Member Posts: 62
    Not sure if the OP is related to the topic but there was a post I believe a few days, maybe a week ago where someone complained on the VG Game Support forums about a Guild that was found Guilty of the Guild Leader being involved in RMT.  It was rumored that anyone benefiting from the actions (transactions) was banned.  It turned into a flame and was locked if I'm correct.

In any case, Sigil has taken a hard line (which in many ways is good) against both the selling and receiving of RMT (Real Money Transactions).  It is unfortunate that some people will wind up burned in the middle having to prove they had no knowledge of any RMT involvement.
  • EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

right...but then he mentioned "Mods"

that was the kicker for me.

So, Im in the dark....the grammar thing is important lol

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

Originally posted by Enigma

right...but then he mentioned "Mods"

that was the kicker for me.

So, Im in the dark....the grammar thing is important lol

Yup, that was what got me confused as well. 
  • amoroneamorone Member UncommonPosts: 209

@sololoco

Please provide a screenshot of your "letter". Every post I have read from you has been negative towards Vanguard. Furthermore, in this thread:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/122239

You make claims that the billing system is screwed up and that you had cancelled your account.....so you cancelled and are now banned?

I find your claims in many of your posts highly suspect. I am not sure how old you are but I do hope you are aware that making false statements that damage a company can make you accountable for libel (as well as further charges).....even over the good ol' internet. 

• sololocosololoco Member Posts: 542

It didn't specify what or where I'm suppose to of been banned from.  On VG I haven't logged in a long time just as I've stated in these forums. As far as gold in VG I have 1 lousy pc of gold, just one and that's on a level 19 Druid, my DK has a lot less then that at level 14 so where's the proof I've done anything wrong?

I don't know what's up with these people who sent me this notice .

I'm going to go try to log in the game to see if I can but if it's the game I got banned from, Sigil or whoever did this do it thru' here?

Like I said I have 1, just one pc of gold and nothing more. Plus not only have I not played in about 2 weeks or more but I don't have any item or any rare item nor have I traded with anyone. To be honest I don't even know how to trade properly as I haven't even used that feature.  Besides, I already called them on phone to cancel this account. I'm currently playing Auto Assault.

Anyway, I'll see once I try to log in VG.

• amoroneamorone Member UncommonPosts: 209
    If the "letter" is that vague, how are you so sure it is not some one phishing for your account info? If you have no idea where it is coming from, why come here and imply that you were banned "in game" which makes Sigil/Vanguard look bad? Any other game...especially Blizzard games....always have had players receiving fake emails or in-game "tells" from people trying to steal accounts. Since you seem to be a well-seasoned player, even you should be aware of that. Just not so sure of your agenda....especially given that you cancelled your account (according to other posts) so why would you care either way? Again....post up a screenshot of the letter where it shows that it comes from SIGIL/SOE and that you were banned "in game".
  • AnagethAnageth Member Posts: 2,217
    Please do not discuss moderation on the forum, if you feel you have been issued a ban for the wrong reasons, send an email to [email protected].

No longer visiting MMORPG.com.

• sololocosololoco Member Posts: 542
    What game other then Vanguard would they be talking of?  This is the forum I'm usually in and VG is the game in question. Well, it certainly looks like it pertains to VG anyway.
This discussion has been closed.