Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Waking up at the same time every night.

outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

For the past 4 months, I have been waking up at 3 am, every morning.  My eyes just open and I look at the clock, its exactly 3AM.  Then I watched a movie called the "The excorcism of Emily Rose".  The priest on there said something about 3 am being related to demons.  WTF

I dont scare easy, but it is still happening and I am getting a little concerned.  3AM, I open my eyes, then fall asleep again.  Every night!!

Anyone else wake up like that, for no reason?

Comments

• kel11kel11 Member Posts: 1,089
    *Note to self, sacrifice outfctrl.*

Change my mind so much I can't even trust it
    My mind change me so much I can't even trust myself

• MylonMylon Member Posts: 975
    Originally posted by outfctrl

For the past 4 months, I have been waking up at 3 am, every morning.  My eyes just open and I look at the clock, its exactly 3AM.  Then I watched a movie called the "The excorcism of Emily Rose".  The priest on there said something about 3 am being related to demons.  WTF
    I dont scare easy, but it is still happening and I am getting a little concerned.  3AM, I open my eyes, then fall asleep again.  Every night!!
    Demons, being more naturally attuned to the solar cycle rather than artificial constructs, do not observe Daylight Savings Time.  Therefore, you are really waking up at 2 AM and there is nothing to worry about.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Try changing your sleeping pattern for a few days.
  • outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

no

Even before the time change, I woke up at 3 am. 

• UploadUpload Member Posts: 679
    It's god's will?
  • AnagethAnageth Member Posts: 2,217
    From what I've heard, the minutes around 3am are the time when the heart is the weakest. My mum worked as a nurse at Great Ormond Street Hospital in London, and she said many of her weak patients used to die at that time.

Don't mean to scare you OutofCtrl.

No longer visiting MMORPG.com.

• xcaliburxcalibur Member Posts: 571
    Originally posted by outfctrl

no
  • I wonder if the demons are subject to daylight savings time...?

Don't worry about it outfctrl, these kinds of movies are designed to get into your head and fuck with ya!

Personally, I've always felt that if an earthquake, tsunami, or someother disaster like a nuke were to destroy Hollywood we would only be better off as a result! That city is filled with the worst kind of human garbage.
  • ZikielZikiel Member Posts: 1,138

It's hard to say whats up here, maybe your town/city is situated on some sorta magnetic hotspot and it's having adverse effects on you. Maybe it's psychological, I dunno, it sounds as though your circadian rhythmn is out of whack. The whole 3am thing makes me think you're being affected by outside influences (no, not satan). Maybe a train comes through your town around 3am, or a plane, maybe the liberals are attempting to cause insanity through some sort of doomsday device. 

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918
    I usually wake up at around 6 am and take a huge poop.

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• MadAceMadAce Member Posts: 2,461
    People dream about 7 times a night and about at the same times. They also wake up all the time. It's pretty normal that your biological clock is that accurate. Experiments have shown that people who don't know what time it is, or if it's day or night autmotaically switch to an exact 24 hour day.

So yea, pretty normal you wake up each night at the same time. Could be that your 3th or 4th REM sleep is the strongest one and that you're having strong or bad dreams...

Stress or something?
  • KorususKorusus Member UncommonPosts: 831
    I would research it further in the natural and scientific side of things before jumping to the "demons" conclusion.

If your circadian rythm is off, you may be waking up at the "witching hour". Like an above poster said, your heart beat is at its weakest, your blood pressure is down, your temperature falls off etc.

I'd suggest you read about circadian clocks and stuff.  Your unconscious mind has probably trained itself to wake you at EXACTLY 3:00 A.M.

Sleep is a pretty fascinating thing

----------
    Life sucks, buy a helmet.

• 8hammer88hammer8 Member Posts: 1,812
    Originally posted by Zikiel

It's hard to say whats up here, maybe your town/city is situated on some sorta magnetic hotspot and it's having adverse effects on you. Maybe it's psychological, I dunno, it sounds as though your circadian rhythmn is out of whack. The whole 3am thing makes me think you're being affected by outside influences (no, not satan). Maybe a train comes through your town around 3am, or a plane, maybe the liberals are attempting to cause insanity through some sort of doomsday device. 

Along those lines, I think Al Gore finally found out where you live after you posted the satalite picture of it and toments you at 3AM every morning by shooting excess electricity  from his house through your home at exactly 3AM.

"It is easier to be cruel than wise. The road to wisdom is long and difficult... so most people just turn out to be assholes" Feng (Christopher Walken)

• uruku_xuruku_x Member Posts: 129
    Similar has happened to me, but I can't say for sure how long. I doubt for 4 months straight every night tho.

I just chalk it up to being "one of those things" and leave it at that. Demons have alot to do with, well, alot, so don't go worry'n bout 3am')

They came from the sea and they came from the sky, Captain America is going to die!

• olddaddyolddaddy Member Posts: 3,356

It's a message from God telling you to change your evil ways and become a liberal democrat.

• desnowdesnow Member Posts: 390
    Originally posted by olddaddy

It's a message from God telling you to change your evil ways and become a liberal democrat.
    Either that or the beginning of obstructive sleep apnea (or related things). Most likely not, but my father started waking up at the same time every night and they couldn't figure out what it was until a sleep study. It was a minor obstruction causing apnea which was slowly getting worse over the course of a year.

The apnea might be the less likely of the two however...
  • gnomexxxgnomexxx Member Posts: 2,920

I think his God is George W. Bush. 

"The Decider" has decided upon him waking up at 3am each morning.  Therefore, he must comply.

===============================

• 8299482994 Member Posts: 99
    well... after you wake up a few times at about the same time your body get used to it so you keep doing it but i don't really see why its like that for so long because after a while it stops unless you keep gettin up at that time i have a stupid idead deprive yourself of sleep really bad one night i usually fall into a very deep sleep after i do that but it also might be an inhereited gene i have once my dad did it and slept through a tornado while he was in a trailor his nieghbors trailor was gone too
  • 8299482994 Member Posts: 99

uhh to become a liberal democrat makes a person more evil.... unless he was a rebuplican
  • mithrandir72mithrandir72 Member Posts: 1,286

Well, there's the simple answer to your question, and the complicated one.

The simple (More likely) one is that you woke up once or twice, and continued to wake up at that time. Or some other random government mumbo jumbo that they want you to believe. The complicated one is just that, a lot more complicated. Aliens. Yes, thats right, Aliens. Not the illegal type.

Aliens pick many random people to observe and conduct tests on. They have liscenses from all the world governments, so its not like there's much they can do about it.  You've probably been "Tagged" for research. They want to see what type of effects a lack of sleep have on a human. The demon rumors have probably come from similar tests, or attempts a tagging which resulted in the arousal of the subject.

When you think about it, however, it could have been a lot worse. You could've been tagged for anal probing. Thank your lucky stars that you only got a sleep experiment. Deal with it until they're done with you.

We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment;
    We are choosing to be here right now -Tool, Parabola