Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cartoony

ASmith84ASmith84 Member Posts: 979
i was just wonderin how many people think this game looks cartoony?  come on guys this game looks cartoony.  sometimes i feel like im playin a disneys version of some fantasy land.  the undead place looks like a cartoon on halloween.  the human place looks like camelot.  the night elves look like a enchanted forest for fairies.  dont even get me started on what the blood elves look like.  this game is pretty good dont get me wrong its just looks like a pre teens game or somthin. now i know older people play it but im just sayin it looks like a kiddy game.  they should really make better graphics and be more realistic like age of conan.  im talkin about lookin realistic not actually bein realistic.

Comments

• FoodoolawsFoodoolaws Member Posts: 212
    warcrafts supposed to be cartoony.
  • GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Cartoony? Yes. childish? Heck no.  just look at the trees in undead starter place and you will see people hanging.
  • wjrasmussenwjrasmussen Member Posts: 1,493
    Originally posted by ASmith84

i was just wonderin how many people think this game looks cartoony?  come on guys this game looks cartoony.  sometimes i feel like im playin a disneys version of some fantasy land.  the undead place looks like a cartoon on halloween.  the human place looks like camelot.  the night elves look like a enchanted forest for fairies.  dont even get me started on what the blood elves look like.  this game is pretty good dont get me wrong its just looks like a pre teens game or somthin. now i know older people play it but im just sayin it looks like a kiddy game.  they should really make better graphics and be more realistic like age of conan.  im talkin about lookin realistic not actually bein realistic.
    I see what you are doing here.  YOu are trying to cause drama and perhap let other people know that YOU think of yourself as clever.  Understand why they didn't what they did and you might understand part of the reason they are making a lot of money.
  • ASmith84ASmith84 Member Posts: 979
    i know it isnt childish but it looks that way.  its done in a way that it looks childish. 
    actually i made this to see what people think of the cartoony graphics.  i dont care about anything else.  at least in this topic.
  • KnightblastKnightblast Member UncommonPosts: 1,787
    I prefer cartoon graphics.  The "realistic" graphics never look very real, they typically seem wooden, specialize in browns, greys and dark greens, and come across as sharp yet uninspired.  WoW, on the other hand, is fantasia: a riot of colors and shapes, pure candy for the eye.  The best artwork of any MMO to date, bar none, and that more than makes up for the lower pixel count.

If I wanted "realism" I wouldn't be playing a fantasy game.
  • FoodoolawsFoodoolaws Member Posts: 212
    Nothing wrong with cartoony graphics if it goes with the games demeanor.
  • seeyouspacec0wboyseeyouspacec0wboy Member UncommonPosts: 714
    Warcraft has always been cartoony. Games like EQ2 and VG that are supposed to look realistic really dont. Its not like they tried to make them look realistic and they came out cartoony. You say they should "make them look more real" why would they change the graphics when they look exactly like they wanted them too. MMORPGs are supposed to be innovative and I think its nice to see one break away from the norm and put some enjoyable fresh graphics in.

You dont have to be 10 to enjoy cartoons.

Originally posted by Scagweed22
    is it the graphics? the repetativenesses? i mean what is the point? you could be so much more productive in real life
    Real life brings repetition and pointlessness too. The only thing real life offers is Great graphics. Its kinda expensive too and way to dependent on the cash shop. Totally pay to win as well. No thank you. Ill stick to my games.

what i meant about realistic is that it looks so good it looks real.  like if their was ever gonna be an actual dragon how is it gonna look in the real world is what i meant.

also maybe its just me that likes games that look real.  this is why i am looking forward to age of conan.  that game looks awesome.  plus it is rated m so their is gonna be blood and stuff.  but you have to admit the trailers for the game didnt look so cartoony.  maybe i was just expecting a game that wouldnt look so cartoony.  but if you guys like that kind of graphics thats fine ill just play age of conan and i highly suggest you all try it out at least.  when it comes out that is.

• supershocksupershock Member Posts: 1
    i was just wonderin how many people think  the movie Cars was too cartoony?  come on guys this movie looks cartoony - admit it.  sometimes i feel like im watchin a cartoon or somethin.   now The Lake House was much better -- the graphics in that movie were very realistic Ok, Keanu Reeves was even more cartoony than Skeeter in Cars,  but the other graphics were really good in that movie.  the lake looked like a LAKE and the house looked like a realistic style HOUSE.  this is why i think Lake House is a much better movie than Cars.  if u disagree with me that's ok, some people are ok with cartoony graphics, i just think the graphics could have been better, like in The Lake House.  i just need something more realistic because of how grown up and mature i am.