Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Endless grinding?

Hey folks! The only thing I'm conserned about is the lvling system. I've search their site, I've searched this forum and many more for answers so now I ask; will it be an endless grinding as in ie. World of Warcraft? Or will there be other means to reach max lvl? Since I am so bored with the endless mob grinding I just won't start over in yet another game...

Also, if someone knows; wich nation is best for Rogue Ranger? :P

Thanks a bunch!

Comments

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

I'm also worried that there will be too much combat/grind xp not enough quest/story xp ... If you want a game that rewards completing quests, try LotR:O.  Primary reason I'm playing the game is because it's not a grindfest.

For AoC rogue I guess I would have to go with Stygians. Shady shady Stygians.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857

From the looks of it, most of our time leveling will be spent either clearing out various static (or not so static) dungeons, or completing quests. Said quests are not your usual fare, they do in fact have a meaningful storyline behind most if not all of them, and based on several dev quotes, none of them will be using a "kill 10 of X" type template for your mission objective.

For example: "For instance, the Cimmerians find that being captured by the enemy is the greatest of humiliations. When in battle, they often hide their women and children in their huts and homes before they head out to the battlefield. If they see they are fighting a losing battle, it is known among Cimmerians that they might run back and kill their wife and children themselves before the enemies can do so. Olsen explains that at one point in the game, the player might come across a spear stuck in the wall of some once-inhabited hut where such an event has took place, and a quest is spawned, urging the player to revenge the fallen warrior and his family."

Also, best race for a Ranger class choice would be either Stygian or Aquilonian. My bet would be Aquilonian, but we don't know enough about the race's statistical advantages yet to be sure.

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

• MoNuMeNMoNuMeN Member Posts: 104

Cool! Sounds good enough :) Thanks for tips on nation choise aswell guys, appreciate it a bunch!

• Elendil88Elendil88 Member Posts: 35
    Well hey, look at it this way.  If the game lives up to its promises, and from what we've seen so far, it looks to be, would you consider constantly killing mobs for XP a grind?  With a combat engine like this, I'd think not.  When fighting is actually interactive and fun like it will be in AoC, I'll be killing NPCs for fun, not xp.  Its so sad but thats what it really comes down to in other grindfest MMOs.  You're playing the game as a second job, just for the achievement and not for fun.  I like to play my games for fun thanks.