Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[PH4T LEWTZ] Are All MMORPG Players Overweight?

Well, answer the question. Are you fat? What's the trend amongst gamers these days?

Comments

• rawrxbradrawrxbrad Member UncommonPosts: 117
    Ive often had the same question, i mean all i do is sit and pwn noobs all day but in fact im not over weight, great poll though.
  • Well back when I played MMORPGs I would lose weight while on a MMORPG, you can't really stop for dinner when doing a 6 hour raid. And when you do eat you can't have greasy things like chips or popcorn because they will mess up the keys when you goto type something.

With that being said lets remember that being thin does not equal being healthy.

• If anything I'm under wait for my height, even before getting hooked on MMOs
  • derf26derf26 Member Posts: 123
    Originally posted by Guler

Well back when I played MMORPGs I would lose weight while on a MMORPG, you can't really stop for dinner when doing a 6 hour raid. And when you do eat you can't have greasy things like chips or popcorn because they will mess up the keys when you goto type something.
    With that being said lets remember that being thin does not equal being healthy.
    That's an interesting take on it, in fact although I sub-consciously never ate greasy food, I only now think of it.

As to me, I seem to not go above 62kg no matter what, and it's been around that for over two years now. I'm 1m75 and have recently gone back to weight lifting due to my muscles deflating. All you have to do is take 15 minute breaks between your MMORPGs or any other games to do some pushups or pullups or whatever and you'll not only be not fat, but also quite muscly, trust me :) Just as long as you do it on a regular basis.
  • AilesAiles Member Posts: 130

Heck no! Im not fat at all!

• DristolDristol Member Posts: 59
    Thanks for responding.

As for me, I used to play MMORPGs 24/7/365 for 5 years, and ever since I stopped playing I started putting weight on.

What am I having withdrawal symptoms or something?

Must.......keep.........playing.........Must...........keep.........playing

MMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMM! I NEED YOUR HELP AGAIN!

Just kidding.
  • EggFteggEggFtegg Member Posts: 1,141
    Surely it's just a matter of time before someone brings out a USB treadmill for playing MMORPGs.

• HuriaHuria Member Posts: 311
    80% body fat is normal...right guys? Guys...!?!
  • GhozerGhozer Member Posts: 35
    im 24, @ 6' (6 foot) and weigh 11 stone 9, im spot on perfect (Right in the middle) for my age / height ;)

NetAdmin @ ForTheGamers IRC
    irc.ForTheGamers.Org
    www.ForTheGamers.Org

• RazperilRazperil Member Posts: 289
    Who gives a crap if someone is overweight? Look at the name of the moron that posted this, "Ph4t Lewtz". If you need the urge to better yourself with a name like that, do it on your own time. This type of subject actually bothers a lot of people. And no, i'm not overweight, not by a long-shot.. so try not to assume this in your dinosaur mind. From now on, anyone that post offending things will be reported. Poll or no poll. You've had your warning.
  • TheFighterTheFighter Member Posts: 90
    You will normanly find that people who sit down and do little every day are either fat as their diet is poor and they are not doing enough exercise OR thin as they have a good diet yet they are not building musscle mass because they're sitting down.
  • TheFighterTheFighter Member Posts: 90
    Originally posted by derf26

Originally posted by Guler

Well back when I played MMORPGs I would lose weight while on a MMORPG, you can't really stop for dinner when doing a 6 hour raid. And when you do eat you can't have greasy things like chips or popcorn because they will mess up the keys when you goto type something.
    That's an interesting take on it, in fact although I sub-consciously never ate greasy food, I only now think of it.

As to me, I seem to not go above 62kg no matter what, and it's been around that for over two years now. I'm 1m75 and have recently gone back to weight lifting due to my muscles deflating. All you have to do is take 15 minute breaks between your MMORPGs or any other games to do some pushups or pullups or whatever and you'll not only be not fat, but also quite muscly, trust me :) Just as long as you do it on a regular basis.

Exactly what i do lol. I tend to have a decent work out session or pop down to the gym so i stop being lafargic (bad spelling, but it means your very tired for doing nothing all day.)
  • CalmaeCalmae Member Posts: 115

Nope.

No weight problems whatsoever and I've been playing MMOs since Everquest.

• neschrianeschria Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

Well, I am overweight, but I've lost 25 pounds in the last couple of months and still losing weight, even though I am still gaming. It would appear that MARRIAGE made me fat, not MMORPGs, since I gained the bulk of the weight in our first year of marriage, before we played any MMORPGs,  and couldn't seem to lose any til I decided to escape. =P

This is where I draw the line: __________________.

• SonofSethSonofSeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,884

Hahaha, ye, I can jiggle my belly

• XApotheosisXXApotheosisX Member Posts: 277
    What if im overweight but i don't regret it? Which answer should i pick?!?
  • LazzaroLazzaro Member UncommonPosts: 548

Nope, 5'9 150. Gym everyday baby! :)

• LordSlaterLordSlater Member Posts: 2,087
    Sadly i am overwight. Happily tho its not really my fault as i need Peratoneal Dialysis and that puts on about 500-1000 callories just by me sleeping. And im on a special diet due to my healph which is not 100% helpfull so hopfully when i can have a Kidney transplant i can go back to a helphy weight again.

• Keebs1984Keebs1984 Member Posts: 1,356

I'm not overweight at all...

Check it out

MySpace

Eternally mine,
    Keebs

The MMO gaming blog I write for.

• GhozerGhozer Member Posts: 35
    lawl @ all the replies to this thread, the big question is, who actually cares? ;)

NetAdmin @ ForTheGamers IRC
    irc.ForTheGamers.Org
    www.ForTheGamers.Org

• Keebs1984Keebs1984 Member Posts: 1,356
    Originally posted by Ghozer

lawl @ all the replies to this thread, the big question is, who actually cares? ;)

I find it interesting.

You see 3 or 4 years ago the typical stigma was that if you played a game like Everquest, or UO, or well any MMORPG for that matter, you were overweight or probably even obese. However, as the market today becomes more and more casualized, thanks in part to WoW, you notice the trend changing to fit the norm of general society.

The same thing happened with normal videogames in the mid-late 90s.

Eternally mine,
    Keebs

The MMO gaming blog I write for.

• DarwynFOURDarwynFOUR Member Posts: 55
    Most gamers(specially MMOers) are like 20 years old, 5 feet something, 70 pounds  so many anorexic gamers these days.
  • tigris67tigris67 Member UncommonPosts: 1,762
    I don't think most mmorpg players are overweight actually. I can't speak for anyone else but I have my own routine thats kept me in tip top shape. I head out on a six mile jog one day, next day an hour of calasthetics (which are pushups/situps/etc), and the third day is practicing some martial art forms for a good hour. then I rinse and repeat the cycle of another jog, etc etc in the following 3 days. Its amazing how these things take up one measly hour of your day and the rest can be enjoyed by anything else. such as playing games. The only problem I see is that in the future, the results of these things won't be as effective due to the fact that I won't be young anymore, but I figure I'll stay healthy considering its doing more than most anyone else does.

Hi! My name is paper. Nerf scissors, rock is fine.
    MMORPG = Mostly Men Online Roleplaying Girls
    http://www.MichaelLuckhardt.com