Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PvP heaven

mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356
During the last few days I read tons of info about this game and I must say Im impressed. Spellborn offers to PvPers much more then any other game does (not counting EvE) and players that eager to master their class will really shine here. No random factor, no gear dependance, no limitation in skills.. I hope that developers make group PvP with real goals and a good environment for massive battles.
Thumbs up, Spellborn International

Comments

• anubisssanubisss Member Posts: 325
    Originally posted by mindw0rk

During the last few days I read tons of info about this game and I must say Im impressed. Spellborn offers to PvPers much more then any other game does (not counting EvE) and players that eager to master their class will really shine here. No random factor, no gear dependance, no limitation in skills.. I hope that developers make group PvP with real goals and a good environment for massive battles. Thumbs up, Spellborn International
    Yeah you are right in saying that PVP will be down to skill lol.Everyone will be on same footing  as there is a very large amount of gamers out there have been fooled into thinking there King PVPs beacuse they have the sort of items that can one shot you.

TCOS will separate the pretenders from the skillful.
  • Pipboy2000Pipboy2000 Member Posts: 44
    Amen.
  • adeildricadeildric Member Posts: 13
    Originally posted by anubisss

During the last few days I read tons of info about this game and I must say Im impressed. Spellborn offers to PvPers much more then any other game does (not counting EvE) and players that eager to master their class will really shine here. No random factor, no gear dependance, no limitation in skills.. I hope that developers make group PvP with real goals and a good environment for massive battles. Thumbs up, Spellborn International
    Yeah you are right in saying that PVP will be down to skill lol.Everyone will be on same footing  as there is a very large amount of gamers out there have been fooled into thinking there King PVPs beacuse they have the sort of items that can one shot you.

TCOS will separate the pretenders from the skillful. Yep, and i really hope it, to destroy the universe
  • havocthefirshavocthefirs Member Posts: 229

Since theres no looting of an kind in PVP I don't really see the challenge,no matter how good the PVP. Any time you choose to PVP you will lose. By this I mean that it costs money, resources, ect. to fight. (That is of course if gear actually needs replacing and pots, aids and reagents are used for magery. If everything is handed to you I geuss it really won't cost anything). If I go out to fight and I can loot someone or they can loot me, then there is not only a way to recoup the cost of PVP, but there is also consequences for losing. (Aside from artificial consequences and loot imposed by the developers, such as rank, gear, mounts, forts, special moves, and all the other meaningless nonsense).

I feel no inclanation to put forth any effort in PVP if my biggest concern is weather or not I'll be ranked a glorious lord or just a great lord.

• cupertinocupertino Member Posts: 1,094
    Hum.. think ill still wait for WAR to stratch my PvP itch.

• twiztid19twiztid19 Member Posts: 44
                   Yes these are some very important things in making a good pvp game. But it really just depends on how the stages are set when this is done. Like I noticed you mentioned Eve, Eve is based on ITENZ but also skill. But yes, the pvp games that are purly based on skill, such as, Guildwars. Are awesome pvp games as well :P
  • solarinesolarine Member Posts: 1,203
    I'm not quite up to date on this: Are we absolutely positive that gear will play no important part in combat?
  • flakesflakes Member Posts: 575
    What "for me" is reall pvp is the ability/punish to loose something in death.And i amnot talking botu your fairy-pvp in wich you need to walk 5minutes to resurrect your body and have litlle damage on one of your items because you died.Every time i see a post about this being pvp i laugh out loud.Again i need to stress out i clearly stated "for me".The only game so far wich gives me the reall punishment for dying is the only game you immediatly excludet : eve online.Now that is what i would like to see in more mmorpgs.And allthough most people initially don't like it..once they have experienced this kind of punishment they will finally feel what reall pvpfeels like next time they are in a battle and have something they could loose.
  • JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

Originally posted by solarine
    I'm not quite up to date on this: Are we absolutely positive that gear will play no important part in combat?
    Gear is only for dress-up, you can run around mostly naked (you always have clothes covering you up (kid/teen-rated)) & get the same benefits as everyone else.

Regarding PvP: it will not be "hardcore" so those expecting UO/EvE-repercussions/style can move on to some other up-coming mmorpg.

PvP will be open in some areas, play some part to controlling certain shop-npc:s (no details on how) & of course in "Guild"-battles. PvP has a higher chance of being complete junk because of the combat system (lag a

• whitedelightwhitedelight Member Posts: 1,544
    Yeah, gear in this is just for dress up.

• anubisssanubisss Member Posts: 325
    OK lets get this right..Items are not like in your typical mmorpg as in they don't make a difference in your stats.Now as far as upgrading your items..YES you can through GEM SLOTS or something simlar.

Lets say you have a sword and you want to give it that extra uberness well you can slot gems into it.Now i might be wrong on this but i am 99% sure there is a something like this in TCOS.
  • whitedelightwhitedelight Member Posts: 1,544
    You are correct.

• benhaminebenhamine Member Posts: 74
    I love the PvP in games like WoW and EQ2.  I played EvE and I just could not get into the battle system not to mention I saw someone once every week (MASSIVE "WORLD").  I love the idea of PvP being more focused on skill rather than gear.  It means that people will actually need to learn how to play the game to be able to kill you, and if they can kill you then they deserve to because they are a better player than you.  In other games I get pissed off when I get "ganked."  If I died and it was truly because they were better than me then there is no argument.  I deserved to die.  However,  that also means that I would feel more accomplished when I killed someone else.  Definitely a plus in my book.
  • MysticXSabMysticXSab Member Posts: 22
    Originally posted by anubisss

OK lets get this right..Items are not like in your typical mmorpg as in they don't make a difference in your stats.Now as far as upgrading your items..YES you can through GEM SLOTS or something simlar.

Lets say you have a sword and you want to give it that extra uberness well you can slot gems into it.Now i might be wrong on this but i am 99% sure there is a something like this in TCOS.

I read something to this effect. What I took from it was that there are "item" (I use to term loosely) based increases to the effectiveness of your character. It just isn't as much as most MMOs and is usually non visual. For example:

You won't be getting a "Mighty Helm of Uber Strength" with a specific art that changes how your character looks.

You might get an item to equip that does not show up on your character but does give you some sort of benefit.
  • MysticXSabMysticXSab Member Posts: 22