Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Joining Dark Age of Camelot which Server

I paid for Dark Age of Camelot and I'm going to create a character.

Which server do you guys reccomend for a complete newb to this game.

Also I want to make a Hunter character, is that a smart choice for a new player.  Also is it easy to gain levels with a Hunter class character.

I'm not new to mmorpg, I used to play EQ but I got too into scholastics, and sports so I quit.  Now summer is here, so I'm ready to starts MMO's.

Comments

• Lunar_KnightLunar_Knight Member Posts: 292

Well Im pretty heavy into Hibernia, so my knowledge of Midgard and characters from Midgard is slim at best.

Go to http://daoc.catacombs.com/cbuilder.cfm 

This is a good site for figuring out what character you want and what each class can do.

If you have any questions about Hibernian characters or even some Albion classes I might be able to answer your questions.

but time flows like a river

and history repeats

-Leader of "The Fighting Irish" in DAoC on Hib/Kay-

...but time flows like a river...

...and history repeats...

• BoxerCLCBoxerCLC Member Posts: 3
    Thats cool I think I'm going to create a Druid character.  Which server do you reccomend playing on?

• 36james36james Member Posts: 3

Try Bors, it has like an average of about 1000 people on it.Good number.Just try it.And if not, well there are about 10 other servers you can play on so just try some of them.

James

James

• RaunuRaunu Member UncommonPosts: 480
    Well a good hib server is  Morgan Lefey, as far as albs go I would prolly go for Igraine. You'll have to ask someone else about a good Mid server, I don't really know much about the mids. I really hate the landscape and mid classes. I could never get into them much. Alot of people do seem to like mids though, you would be good to try it out.

- - "What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?" - -

- - "What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?" - -

• panachepanache Member UncommonPosts: 397

Ooh!! You picked a toughy to play with daoc :( I used to play on one of the largest servers....lanc alb

Noobie areas are now devoid of new players

Most folks have a second or third account and powerlevel new alt's

It is (or was) very group orientated. For most classes even healers it will be hard to solo and level due to the lack of new players.

Daoc was for me the best mmorpg period. Mythic began just catering for the die hard daoc community and have totally destroyed the newbie population of the game.

I read somewhere on this forum of a father mother and son playing this game together and are having fun as they always have someone to grp with.

This is the only way i can see anyone sticking with this game from scratch

such a shame :(

Pan

• Lunar_KnightLunar_Knight Member Posts: 292

I don't know about other servers, but at least for Hibernia on the Kay server we still have a decent amount of players below 20, especially on prime time.

Which seems odd since our server is one of the less populated ones.

but time flows like a river

and history repeats

...but time flows like a river...

...and history repeats...

• OracleP4OracleP4 Member Posts: 495
    I'd say that Guinevere is my favorite server overall.

-------------------
    "Do I come to your workplace and tell you how to kill civilians? No, so don't tell me how to do my job" - Sam Fischer.

--OracleP4

-------------------
    "Do I come to your workplace and tell you how to kill civilians? No, so don't tell me how to do my job" - Sam Fischer.

--OracleP4

Like: DAoC, WOW, GW, DnL
    Dislike: SoR, EQ, EQ2, SWG, KO, AC2, CoH
    Don't Care About: Most Everything Else