Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need too much Computer?

DIVDIIDIVDII Member UncommonPosts: 6

I was looking at the trailers from AoC and they look really nice.  I am just wondering if AoC is going to be another EQ2 or Vanguard and chew through an average computer or will it be able to run on something decent?  i am using AMD3100 2g with 1gig DDR and ATI Radeon 9800 256 gfx card

Comments

• AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857
    You need a higher processor speed, but aside from that you are above the current requirements fo AoC.

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

• TaekTaek Member Posts: 38
    Originally posted by DIVDII

I was looking at the trailers from AoC and they look really nice.  I am just wondering if AoC is going to be another EQ2 or Vanguard and chew through an average computer or will it be able to run on something decent?  i am using AMD3100 2g with 1gig DDR and ATI Radeon 9800 256 gfx card
    Thats an old system my friend, ull be strugling to run alot of games without system lag with that,  i read an interview with one of the creators and he said they have specified the exact system requirements however it is a next generation game which is taking into consideration people who will be still running direct X 9.0, which means to me a mid range system will run it, but i think you may struggle with that system, want a good deal on new system have a look at www.overclockers.co.uk or www.ebuyer.co.uk
  • checkthis500checkthis500 Member Posts: 1,236
    Originally posted by DIVDII

You're ram is also at the minimum that will work.  I'd suggest upping it to 2 gigs.  I don't know that much about computers, but I know the detail of the models in AoC is going to almost require you to have 2 gigs of ram just to be able to handle medium scale battles. (10-20 people on-screen at once)

---------------------------------------------
    I live to fight, and fight to live.

• whitedelightwhitedelight Member Posts: 1,544

Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.06GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.1GHz

Memory: 2048MB RAM

Card name: RADEON X1600 Series

Is what I currently have and I am hoping that the only thing I need to upgrade to run it at the highest settings would be adding Vista. I mean how much should I have to upgrade considering I run vanguard at the highest settings right now, and it is poorly optimized.