Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

too long to update!

this game takes forever to update! Ive been downloading the update for going 9 1/2 hrs and its only at 34%

prob have to wait a few days to even get it fully updated

Comments

• RinicRinic Member Posts: 715
    stop using dial up?
  • ShijukiShijuki Member UncommonPosts: 318
    56k still exists?
  • JillysonJillyson Member Posts: 18
    Took me just over 4 hours :(
  • treysmoothtreysmooth Member UncommonPosts: 648
    I don't know for sure if it applies to all parts of the client but the actual game caps you at 56k no matter what your connection is.  With that in mind if updates are capped like other parts of the client this would make since.  I had a cable connection when I played and patches did take FOREVER, I never really thought about it at the time as it was only my second serious mmo.  Always thought the game had potential but between the gil sellers and the fact square can't update the graphics engine due to ps2 players the game just lost its luster for me over time, then theres the fact they deleted my characters when I took a 6 month break and square will not be seeing anymore of my money.

Peace
  • NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583
    Originally posted by xdemonbloodx

this game takes forever to update! Ive been downloading the update for going 9 1/2 hrs and its only at 34%

The last update (March 8th) seems to have been very, very slow for almost everyone to update. I have a 1 mb ADSL connection, and usually I get FULL SPEED when the game downloads the updates. Be aware that it will take a few hours to update the game after you do a new install of it, but normally, downloading updates is not slow at all.

Do you play WoW? Updates there are weird to download. They use some sort of bittorrent looking system, and sometimes it can take 1 or 2 hours just to get it to START the download. And when it does, speed seems to be completely random.

• benhaminebenhamine Member Posts: 74
    Originally posted by xdemonbloodx

I've been downloading the updates for about 2 days now finally at 5hrs left!!! 

-Benhamine