Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Horizons: MMORPG.COM Game Giveaway!

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

MMORPG.COM is proud to announce our latest exclusive contest!  On May 15, 2004 we will be giving away a total of 40 copies of HorizonsTM including a 90 day subscription!  One of the most unique features about this contest is that it will be divided into European regions and all other regions in 2 separate drawings!

On May 15 at 1PM EST we will draw the 40 tickets for the European members...the first 20 people who claim these tickets will win a prize!

On May 15 at 9PM EST we will draw the 40 tickets for North American members (all other non-EU nations will be allowed in this contest as well).  The first 20 people to claim these tickets will win a prize!

Our contest page will auto-detect your country based on your account information and automatically route you to the correct contest page.  You can sign up for the contest by following this link: http://www.mmorpg.com/hz_promo.cfm.

We would like to thank Artifact Entertainment and Game Network for sponsoring this great event!  Good luck to all of you!

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Comments

• MaximaneMaximane Member CommonPosts: 625

Please remember to update your account information if you participate. Valid account information is required to win.

Good luck everyone!

--------------------
    Alex "Maximane" De Line
    - MMORPG.COM Staff -

• sideside Member Posts: 5

I'd just like to say great contest and good job on spliting it for Europe and America.

There is one small problem (for me anyway) The time for the european contest ends at 6pm GMT on Saturday and i just happen to be in work at that time :( Is there anyway i could be in the American contest instead? even though it ends at 2am i'll be able to be there for when the contest ends.

• Clever_GloveClever_Glove Member Posts: 996

I'd like to say congrats to Admin and this site for beginning to attract bigger fish.

I hope Hz hasn't fallen so low, they need to give away accounts to get people to play.

-=-=-=-=-
    "We're a game that's focused on grouping and on solo play, you know, more group oriented, more solo play..."
    John Blakely Senior lead for EQ2. Link

Bartle: A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50% The Test. Learn what it means here.

-=-=-=-=-
    Achievers realise that killers as a concept are necessary in order to make achievement meaningful and worthwhile (there being no way to "lose" the game if any fool can "win" just by plodding slowly unchallenged). -bartle

Bartle: A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50% The Test. Learn what it means here.

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

Originally posted by side

I'd just like to say great contest and good job on spliting it for Europe and America.
    There is one small problem (for me anyway) The time for the european contest ends at 6pm GMT on Saturday and i just happen to be in work at that time :( Is there anyway i could be in the American contest instead? even though it ends at 2am i'll be able to be there for when the contest ends.

Hello,

Sorry but the contests are coded to only allow you to enter the EU contest if you are from a euro country.  We had to pick a time that best suited Europeans and that was still feasable time for us to draw it.

Also, our EU members should not get used to this "split contest" stuff.  We were actually approached to do this by Game Networks to help them kick off the Euro launch of HZ - we added the US accounts to make it better suit our member base.  Future contests will not be "split" like this (unless a similar situation occurs with the sponsor).  We only have 10% of our members from EU...so your odds are going to be good!  Good luck!

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

• MansonNailsMansonNails Member Posts: 10
    I would just like to say to anyone interested in entering... Make sure that you have a credit card or debit card first!  They will be required in order for you to create an account if you do happen to win, regardless of whether the first 90 days are free or not!  This is very important to know beforehand if you are considering playing this game.

• sideside Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the reply, guess i might have to skip work that day or get someone to check my email for me image I'll look forward to more Contests and hope i win this one

• dizirgeedizirgee Member UncommonPosts: 156

Can somebody correct me if i`m wrong?So if i understand to admin the europen winners get US accounts too not for eu versions?Becoz i have exp with some game that these eu versions of it is pretty worse than US.

I d/l trial ver 2-3 days ago and it look interesting and i think i like it so i hope that i win image

And one big thanx to mmorpg.com staff for that contest.image

Wu name dizirgee->Tough Destroyer ::::40::

I`m Lawful Good Human Fighter Paladin
    and you?

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

Hate to Say it but Horizons has fallen very low. Players are leaving the game in large numbers, and most of the US servers anyway are very light to empty. AE no longer responds to any questions in reference Transatlantic accounts and has over all stopped informing players of anything going on with the game. No Dev chats or Ask AE in months.

Also be aware that once you subscribe the only way to unsubscrib is to call a 1-800 number with all your info. Been playing since beta and had great hopes for the game but cancilled just this week. image

• XanderZaneXanderZane Member Posts: 226

Originally posted by side
    Thanks for the reply, guess i might have to skip work that day or get someone to check my email for me image I'll look forward to more Contests and hope i win this one

If I remember correctly, MMORPG.com will also post a message online in your mmorpg.com forum INBOX, so if you have access to the Internet you should be able to check it here as well. Also, if you have a internet e-mail address like Yahoo or Hotmail, you could also check it online.

Honestly, I wouldn't even bother entering this contest. Horizons is a terrible game. I tried the 7 Day FREE trial and got to the 4th day and quit. Besides the crafting, the game is a complete BORE. More then half the features listed on the box isn't even in the game. Even though you can build property you can't enter the building. You can't set up store shops and the lag during combat is atroicious. Also, it can take forever to find stronger mobs to fight if you don't know where to look. It took them over a month after release just to add a map and then finally they finally enabled the Adult flying breathing Dragon, but it does less damage then a regular Warrior. Most people who play as a Dragon have quit in disgust and the servers are very low in population. You'll be lucky to see 200-300 people on a server at the same time. Good luck.

Xander

Xander

• NoraxeNoraxe Member Posts: 190

Originally posted by MansonNails
    I would just like to say to anyone interested in entering... Make sure that you have a credit card or debit card first!  They will be required in order for you to create an account if you do happen to win, regardless of whether the first 90 days are free or not!  This is very important to know beforehand if you are considering playing this game.

Credit Card Required........Maybe this should be in the contest rules or............................thay can just read it here.

• dizirgeedizirgee Member UncommonPosts: 156

Damn i again didnt won anything damn.I was preparing myself for 3 mothns free playing and now big...nothing....Now i must go on trial image

So congrats to winners and many hours with fun in game.

And if for some reason somebdy wont play u know what to do... image image 

Dont delete it please /for my hard earned points/ staff i didnt say anything bad image thanksimage

Wu name dizirgee->Tough Destroyer ::::40::

I`m Lawful Good Human Fighter Paladin
    and you?

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Originally posted by winter

Hate to Say it but Horizons has fallen very low. Players are leaving the game in large numbers, and most of the US servers anyway are very light to empty. AE no longer responds to any questions in reference Transatlantic accounts and has over all stopped informing players of anything going on with the game. No Dev chats or Ask AE in months.
      Also be aware that once you subscribe the only way to unsubscrib is to call a 1-800 number with all your info. Been playing since beta and had great hopes for the game but cancilled just this week. image

Hmm guess i was lucky.I was there at launch but the billing page was broken so it did not accept my CC details.Then when the free month was up i just did not subscribe.It must a big pain having to call the USA just to cancel a sub.

• ParaTrooperParaTrooper Member Posts: 1,961
    Congrats to the winners image

*Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author... got sick of holding backspace.
    -----------------------------------------
    ParaTrooper, That guy that used to mod the MMORPG.com forums.

• XennXenn Member Posts: 3

Woo, thanks a lot MMORPG.COM people.

-Xenn