Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Downloading now.

DevrylDevryl Member Posts: 4
I'm downloading this now. Downloading it at 3 MB/s (God I love my internet connection). Going to play this until Granado Espada's open beta starts. Just to keep me from going slightly insane from the wait. If I like it enough I'll play it often, I just have a habit of hopping from one MMO to another in under a few months.

I heard SB has some bad controls, and some dated graphics. Personally I think the graphics are fine. In some screen shots they look pretty good actually. I really like the whole Guild thing in this. How you can build towns and such. I've always liked that in games.

Main questions right here...

Is it worth playing? I've seen a lot of games that say they are something, and yet, they're nothing like what they say. How big is a user base of the game? I don't want to play it and feel as if I'm the only person in the entire game. How easy is the game? I don't like games that are to easy, but I also don't feel like wiping out half of the local rat population just to level up.

Eh, I dunno. I guess I'll find out when I start playing it.

Comments

• DevrylDevryl Member Posts: 4
    Okay, forget this. The game is more frustrating to play then fun. I feel like I'm playing a non-browser version of RuneScape. The landscapes are barren and lifeless. The graphics are something I would expect from a game made back in '98. The controls cause my brain to bleed.

This game is horrible on so many levels. The best part of the game, was when I read "Uninstallation Complete".

This game gets a score of.

-4/5
  • EpeenEpeen Member UncommonPosts: 95
    Originally posted by Devryl

Okay, forget this. The game is more frustrating to play then fun. I feel like I'm playing a non-browser version of RuneScape. The landscapes are barren and lifeless. The graphics are something I would expect from a game made back in '98. The controls cause my brain to bleed.

This game is horrible on so many levels. The best part of the game, was when I read "Uninstallation Complete".

This game gets a score of.

-4/5
    The game isnt too bad  really.. I've been playing for about 2 months and I enjoy it a lot. The main thing  that made me enjoy this game was finding a GOOD guild early and fast.  I dont know what I woulda done without one. Guilds teach you the ropes of the game and give you powerlevels which are very common in SB. In two months  I have about 4 maxed characters in resource gear, all of them are builds for pvp. PvP is the main thing in this game so your mind set has to be in it. Also, the controls are clunky at first but you get the hang of it after two days or so, it is important that you fix your UI.  What I did was go on youtube and search Shadowbane, there is a video there that teaches you  how to make a sweet UI  that eases the game ten fold.