Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UXO Weekly Fan Update #3!

Week #3

Fiction by RPG Freak

Oloriel basked in the warm rays of the morning sun, a satisfied smile touching the corners of her lips. She watched from her perch high in the trees as the old man below tried to free his horse’s legs and wagon from the mass of vines that had suddenly sprouted up and tangled around them. She began to giggle as he hopped around trying to keep himself out of their grasp. The giggles turned to a fit of laughter when he tripped on a rock that was hidden within the vines and landed flat on his back giving the swarming weeds their opportunity to pin him down. Her merriment ended abruptly when the thin twig she was resting on snapped and sent her plummeting to the ground, her delicate wings unable to catch enough wind, due to all the leaves, to save her from the fall.

The entangled man’s head turned toward the soft thud she made as she landed and called out for help, but Oloriel was too busy checking herself over to ensure that she hadn’t torn her new clothes or, god forbid, gotten an unsightly bruise to bother with him right away. Finally satisfied that nothing was damaged except her ego she turned her attention to her latest victim. She stepped out from the tall grasses that hid her presence to stand before the old man. A smug grin spread across her graceful face as she saw the familiar expression of captivation creep into his gaze despite his currently helpless situation. A million different humiliating pranks raced through her mind, but in the end she decided he had suffered enough for the moment….

Click here to read the full story

Artwork for the upcoming fiction series:
The Warriors of Alucinor: The Final Odyssey
By ConerVallore

The Path to Rule:

800x600
1024x768
1152x864
1280x960

Female Pixie
By Anonymous

Flutter dear Pixie, fly up and away Battle so softly so swiftly like play

Be the whispering opponent. The never expecting strong force from behind. Sword wielding and angry.

Be strong female Pixie, look death in the eye. Don't yield to the enemy, don't let out a cry

Victorious she floats, with sword held high. This Pixie, this female, shall never die.

So small and fragile you might think she is. But a leader and a fighter come help her stand

Against the evils, of Alucinor, the Pixie, the fighter. Everlasting, no end.

Seraph Sunsword: Into the Abyss
By Blond Knight

My heartbeat quickened with each step. As the seconds ticked by, I drew closer to my destiny. For 50 years I have been searching for the foul Tagnik'zur. The black terror of the West that slaughtered my clan, Anurmegil. Hate flows through my veins. As a member of the Paladin Order I should feel compassion for such a wretched creature, yet justice... no revenge is the only cure for my restless spirit. Old and fresh carcasses lined the dimly lit corridor; a faint smile crept on my face. The river of blood was a comical site indeed. In a fit of madness I ran blood through my golden hair. What had I become!?

Click here to read more

Comical pick of the week:
By April

New Columns

Level based vr. Skill based games
By Shadir

At the barest level here, is games such as Ultima Online, where you have no actual "levels" per say. In UO, your avatar works completely off skills you aquire by useage. The level system works in a completely different way. Your skills tend to increase as you level whether you use them or not. In a third category is a mixture of the two. In the mixture games, you have a set level with base benefits, yet your skills are important as well and must be used to increase them. Every gamer has their own preference.

Click here to read the rest!

Community Update!

Ultima X: Ogaming added 2 new forum games. Head over to the UXO Ogaming forums to play ‘Name that ScreenShot’ and ‘Name that Quote’.
http://ultimax.ogaming.com/

UXO Vault has a new anonyms poet that will be posting new poems about UXO. Head over to there new poet page to see all of his work.
http://uxovault.ign.com/

A new community manager has been named for both UO and UXO. We would like to welcome Binky as our new best friend [wink]

----------------------
Hail and well met,

I wanted to take a few minutes to stop by and introduce myself. My name is Binky, and I’m the new online community manager for all things Ultima, a job I’ve been working toward for the last eight years. I worked on the launch Ultima Online and every expansion, doing everything from QA to web art to marketing to PR. I even have the Ultima Online logo tattooed on my right arm!

In the coming months you’ll start seeing some changes with the community side of things. It is my goal to make your experience with UO and UXO fun, to keep you informed, and to work with the dev team to incorporate your feedback into the game. I will be visiting all of the forums to answer questions, get feedback on new and existing game designs, run surveys and polls, and sometimes just chat.

You are the most important part of the development process, and I will do my best to keep you informed and involved in the future of all things Ultima. Keep your eyes open for some exciting news in the near future!

Fare thee well,
- Binky
----------------------

InQWis dropped by UXO Vault and talked a bit about macros:

----------------------
Q: Internal, without the use of third party programs....
BTW, what is your view on third party applications InQWis?

A: Hmm. We'll see. My hope is that players won't need macros to enjoy the game.
As far as third-party applications go, it depends on what they do. What kind of apps are you thinking of?

-InQWis
----------------------

Hot Community Topics:

What would be the best MMORPG to play for you ? (Vault)
http://vnboards.ign.com/UXO_General/b22443/68063518/?17

New Online Community Manager for UO and UXO (Stratics)
Click here

QotD – The End Game (Stratics)
Click here

QotD – The first 5 levels (Stratics)
Click here

UXO at E3? (Stratics)
Click here

World of UXO (Ogaming)
http://ultimax.ogaming.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1663

Thievery (Ogaming)
http://ultimax.ogaming.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1648

That’s it for this week. Keep an eye out for next weeks ‘UXO Weekly Fan Update!’

If you see a good post, some new fiction, artwork, or if you would like to submit your own work feel free to send me a pm or e-mail and I will make sure it will be in next weeks update!

----------------
www.TheTeutonicOrder.com
www.UXOFightNight.com

Comments

• BeezerbeezBeezerbeez Member UncommonPosts: 302

CV-

How do you make those backgrounds?  I've been working on one but it stinks so far hehe.

Any word from InQWis on other forums???  Been missing him for awhile.

The Beez

• ConerValloreConerVallore Member Posts: 36

There where a few posts here and there, nothing big.

This week was alot of E3 stuff so Binky and some of the other devs where there all week. Next week should see some new info.

----------------
    www.TheTeutonicOrder.com
    www.UXOFightNight.com