Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this game worth paying $30.00 USD for a key?

FrozenknightFrozenknight Member Posts: 12
Or is there another way to get to play it without a activation key? And please give me tips of if it is good or not. Thanks.

Comments

• danrheadanrhea Member Posts: 24
    i think for 30 bucks it is definetly worth a shot.  see my previous post for my thoughts.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/121150
  • KusaNagi1KusaNagi1 Member Posts: 82
    you can get a 7 day trial now..

just go to official site.. then to forums and seach for trial you can download the client and try it out..

oh yeah and to awnser your question i dont think its worth 10$ :P

Retired From: L2, SWG, RFO, WoW, War, Aion
    Waiting For: Tera, Blade & Soul, Huxley, SWTOR,

• v0xxv0xx Member Posts: 8
    i played the beta and it wasnt half bad, im going to get it once i get 30 bucks lol, the PVP was pretty entertaining.
  • joeybootsjoeyboots Member UncommonPosts: 628
    If you enjoy korean-styled games like Lineage 2 or Silkroad, you'll feel right at home here. If not, stay away, and please don't flame about how its heavy on the grind, because that is part of the design of these kind of mmos. If you don't like point-and-click to move, free-for-all pvp, no hand-holding, xp death penalties, simplified crafting, and  heavy grinding, then stick to western-style mmos like wow, eq2, etc, Ya damn carebear. 
  • SariahSariah Member Posts: 161
    Originally posted by joeyboots

If you enjoy korean-styled games like Lineage 2 or Silkroad, you'll feel right at home here. If not, stay away, and please don't flame about how its heavy on the grind, because that is part of the design of these kind of mmos. If you don't like point-and-click to move, free-for-all pvp, no hand-holding, xp death penalties, simplified crafting, and  heavy grinding, then stick to western-style mmos like wow, eq2, etc, Ya damn carebear. 
    eq2 is a grind fest

Games Enjoyed: UO,EQ,AC,EQ2,COX,LOTRO
    Games Played(-Above):WoW,MXO,GW(beta),RFO,ArchLord,V:SOH,Rappelz,Ryzom,DDO
    Games I felt were a rip-off: DDO,ArchLord,V:SOH - all newer how ironic

• SyrupBoySyrupBoy Member Posts: 45

How misguided. Heavy grind  and free for all "pvp" ,if you can call clicking once on a character and going to take a piss while you beat away at eachother for an hour or two pvp, is not what makes a good game.  Calling people carebears for liking fun instead of mindless clicking of mobs for years to reach max level is just stupid.
  • GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Originally posted by SyrupBoy

How misguided. Heavy grind  and free for all "pvp" ,if you can call clicking once on a character and going to take a piss while you beat away at eachother for an hour or two pvp, is not what makes a good game.  Calling people carebears for liking fun instead of mindless clicking of mobs for years to reach max level is just stupid. Thats not ArchLord, thats for sure.
  • joeybootsjoeyboots Member UncommonPosts: 628

Perhaps we are both misguided my friend, I am not hating on western style MMOS, as a matter of fact,  as you can see in my Xfire profile I am currently playing wow and eq2, along with Archlord. I apologize for the carebear reference, it was out of line, I am just tired of people knocking on this type of game.  Sweeping generalizations are unfair, like when I said wow is for carebears, and so is saying that pvp in Archlord is just click and sit, quite the contrary. There is strategy and teamwork involved, and if this game was at all how you, or the other naysayers describe it, I wouldn't enjoy it , and neither would the other 49 people in my guild. Comparing this game to wow or the like is unfounded, as is comparing apples to oranges. And saying this game is not as good as wow, is like saying your coffee is tastier than my tea. But, don't take my word for it, play it for yourself and make up your own mind, because it is ignorant in itself to make up your mind about something based on other's opinions, without first experiencing it for yourself. Once again, I would like to say I'm sorry, I do not think anyone who plays wow is a carebear, as I have nothing but respect for what wow has done for mmos in general.

• kazmenghakazmengha Member Posts: 6

No way get the free trial and give it a look first. I have played it in awhile mostly because i hear its still buggy as hell. Besides that why pay for something when you can try it for free.

Combat Medic, the ultimate Bi-polar job.