Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cool new feature coming in GU32

lomillerlomiller Member Posts: 1,810
A built in web browser!.  I guess it's primarily to simply /petition, but it's also a fully funtional, if somewhat basic web browser (no flash, etc) 

Comments

• StoneysilencStoneysilenc Member Posts: 369
    It's been there since the game launched I believe.  It wasn't very good though but it worked.  I think they used it for the /pizza promotion. Anyway I know I have used it before several times to do things.

• lomillerlomiller Member Posts: 1,810
    You’re thinking of something different. You could display snippets of HTML, but it wasn’t a full web browser like this. This is actually a scaled down version of Firefox, and it’s going live with GU32
  • AbolithAbolith Member Posts: 34
    And your excited about this?  Who friggin cares about being  able to surf the web while your playing a game?  Cool, now you can sit in Gheynos and surf the web.  Great way to spend an addittional $14.99 a month.  What a great addon!
  • SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188

Benefit that I can see is if your doing a dungeon or a raid and need some strats you won't have to alt-tab anymore to look on a website for info on something. That is if you only have one computer.

I hate alt tabbing to look something up where a item drops and who drops it. This could come in handy.

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

Originally posted by Sevenwind

Benefit that I can see is if your doing a dungeon or a raid and need some strats you won't have to alt-tab anymore to look on a website for info on something. That is if you only have one computer.
    I hate alt tabbing to look something up where a item drops and who drops it. This could come in handy.
    That’s one of the things I can see useing it for. Checking guild web site for DKP is another one for raids. There are cases where a specific /loc or action for a quest comes in handy. There are also cases where you want to look up specific /commands. If you’re not using the maps mod, you may want to pull up a map. Most people don’t know what rare they will need to get a certain item made or even what crafter makes it. You can check the player and item databases, etc, etc, etc

In addition to accessing out of game resources it would be great to be able to follow a web site, of visit the guild forums during downtime without tabbing out of the game.  Yes you could tab out or use another PC but this would be far more convenient.  
  • The_RogueThe_Rogue Member Posts: 65
    Originally posted by lomiller

Originally posted by Sevenwind

That’s one of the things I can see useing it for. Checking guild web site for DKP is another one for raids. There are cases where a specific /loc or action for a quest comes in handy. There are also cases where you want to look up specific /commands. If you’re not using the maps mod, you may want to pull up a map. Most people don’t know what rare they will need to get a certain item made or even what crafter makes it. You can check the player and item databases, etc, etc, etc

In addition to accessing out of game resources it would be great to be able to follow a web site, of visit the guild forums during downtime without tabbing out of the game.  Yes you could tab out or use another PC but this would be far more convenient.  

I agree! Excellent tool while in game!

• CofcosCofcos Member Posts: 16
    Eating can make you fat. So stoping eating and wasting 1$-5,000$ a day.
  • FinduilasFinduilas Member Posts: 377
    Originally posted by Abolith

And your excited about this?  Who friggin cares about being  able to surf the web while your playing a game?  Cool, now you can sit in Gheynos and surf the web.  Great way to spend an addittional $14.99 a month.  What a great addon
    I play in windowed mode to be able to use firefox to:

Look up maps.

Look up quest info.

Look up various guides, class, tradeskill etc.

Read forums, and other stuff whilst zoning, on a griff, waiting for the boat, etc.

This would mean I could play in fullscreen, giving a larger visual play area on my monitor.
  • joelybjoelyb Member Posts: 10
    Soooooooo where is it then? Where do I find this browser? GU32 is out now. But I do not see it. Shall I call SHENANIGANS on you sir?!?!

type /browser

• Dark-AsylumDark-Asylum Member Posts: 300
    Good for looking at boobies during a raid as well.
  • EvilsproEvilspro Member Posts: 6

Great! They choose firefox instead of IE ?  If so, i'm really happy to hear that!

Taken from : http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=350001

The embedded browser used for the petition window is available for your custom use.  You can use /browser to open a URL directly like this: /browser forums.station.sony.com/eq2

I think this is awesome! No more Alt+Tab!

Good job devs!   

• PhoenixsPhoenixs Member Posts: 2,646
    Yep this one is nice. Been using it quite alot since I reactivated last week. Since alt + tab still kicks me out of full screen

Note to the topic title: It is already here