Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it worth reactivating?

I am thinking very much about restarting my SWG account, I was like level 1 lol but it looks fun!

Comments

• NetzzNetzz Member Posts: 39

If it were free (like Guild Wars, which btw is a better game), I'd say "yes", but quite frankly, paying $15.00 A MONTH! for a half finshed game, with small playerbase is a no-brainer.

Just say "no".

• DvolDvol Member Posts: 273
    well i can honestly say the only way youll know is to just pay the 15.00 and see or do the free trial.Huge majority dont like the new game but there are many that still do..Populations are very low ATM except on select servers.So you may want to look around and see which servers still have 100 players online..Most of the samller pop servers were hit hard and have low low populations..For me i find it to be a really bad WoWEQDarkforceswannabe clone..But you need to make your own mind up..SWGNGE is a matter of taste so see if its your flavor..
  • ab29xab29x Member Posts: 364

Jesus H.  Get over it.   Your type of people are like some guy who can't get over their girlfriend leaving them.  It's pathetic.  It happened.  Get over it.  No pre-cu.  Cry in the other forum.  Thats what it's there for.

To the OP:  I just resubbed myself.  Bria has a healthy population.  I see dots all over my radar around cities and what not.   Its not a ghost town like it was when the NGE first hit.   The game has improved vastly since then.  I tried it and quit 20 min later.  This time I've been going for a week with no complaints except for the legacy quests.  They lead you around by the hand.   I like grinding.  But thats me.

Take it for what it's worth.

PS:  MMORPG.com do not make the vast majority.   Time to clue in to reality.   Although I must say, I hate razing people.  I was there from the beginning too.  I got over it. 

• zevianzevian Member UncommonPosts: 403
    Dude if you were only level 1 or somethign just play the trial and see if you like it.

that way your  not commiting for the month and you get to try it out again.

just my 2 cents.
  • benasatobenasato Member UncommonPosts: 193
    Prozac it's cool.
  • Pjay2kPjay2k Member CommonPosts: 260

a honest answer:

if you never played this game before the answer will propably be "yes"

if you played the game before preNGE/ pre-cu the answer is defently NO !!!!!!! with 20 "!"'s behind the no.

as a veteran you throw your money out of the window by resubbing to this game...

simply because everything that used to be complex and enjoyable for people like us has been taking away (professions, diversity, easthetics, beautiness, 32 professions, stable user interface with pre-cu commands, jedi animations, general animations, teras kasi artist and unarmed combat with all the animations...."

the list goes on and I could type until the next week of what veterans like us miss..

SOE and NGE-Star Wars Galalaxies:
    Raph Koster: "It's like dumping the girlfriend who has always been patient and loving to chase after the supermodel who probably won't love you back."

• DanjakDanjak Member Posts: 197
    Originally posted by Pjay2k

a honest answer:
    if you never played this game before the answer will propably be "yes"
    if you played the game before preNGE/ pre-cu the answer is defently NO !!!!!!! with 20 "!"'s behind the no.
    as a veteran you throw your money out of the window by resubbing to this game...
    simply because everything that used to be complex and enjoyable for people like us has been taking away (professions, diversity, easthetics, beautiness, 32 professions, stable user interface with pre-cu commands, jedi animations, general animations, teras kasi artist and unarmed combat with all the animations...."
    the list goes on and I could type until the next week of what veterans like us miss..
    As a veteran who was there on day 1, and was one of the first 100 beta testers, I'd just like to point out that not everyone agrees with the above.  I thought the old game sucked.  Combat was lame and boring, the skill system was a mess on groups, and content was a joke (random mission from mission terminals is NOT content).

They took out the crap that didn't work, retooled combat to make it more fun, upped the Star Wars content, and provided more structured play instead of sandbox.  If they'd of launched with the current game instead of the mess we got at launch, I have no doubt the game would have had WoW numbers.  Instead, it received "okay" numbers, but no where near expected, and by the tiime they got around to doing what they should have done from the beginning, players had moved on to other games. 

In short, if you've played before ore never played at all, you may like it.  I've been groovin' on it again and am very happy with all the changes (minus Jedi - they suck... and should have never been put in the game at all).