Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

About the Community in Knight Online

jenpusajenpusa Member Posts: 4
wertggddkutt

Comments

• IdesofMarchIdesofMarch Member Posts: 1,164

I've never played the game but I understand what you mean with your post. Some people don't take the time to realize that the things they say are very offensive. Jokes are one thing. But when you use insults and plug in a country or race for your target, you're really taking aim at a lot of people who don't deserve or appreciate it.

Though you saying all the Turks in Knight Online are stupid is true, is really not true. While there may be many who are, there are likely those who are on the opposite side of the spectrum, and let's not forget the shades of gray.

I think we as gamers don't all have to be buddy-buddy and get along, but we can at least try to be respectful to one another's culture and background.

• jenpusajenpusa Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for this nice reply.
  • DeezstuNDeezstuN Member Posts: 38
    I have never called them stupid.  I call them evrything else.  You have to have a level of competence to turn a computer on and dl a game.  I recall many instances where I was pm'ed "slm, a.q, and some other word."  I relied "I dont understand, I speak english."  I get a reply of "**** your mom."  Yeah, 2+2 doesnt equal 4 anymore.    I have a 30+ person guild with 4 turks who speak english.  He asked to be assistant to help recruit, fine, but if I cant tell what they are saying, what is the f-ing point right?  I dont care where u are from, play the game, just dont expect me to be opverly nice when I dont know what the f u r saying, k? 
  • IdesofMarchIdesofMarch Member Posts: 1,164

Originally posted by DeezstuN
    I have never called them stupid.  I call them evrything else.  You have to have a level of competence to turn a computer on and dl a game.  I recall many instances where I was pm'ed "slm, a.q, and some other word."  I relied "I dont understand, I speak english."  I get a reply of "**** your mom."  Yeah, 2+2 doesnt equal 4 anymore.    I have a 30+ person guild with 4 turks who speak english.  He asked to be assistant to help recruit, fine, but if I cant tell what they are saying, what is the f-ing point right?  I dont care where u are from, play the game, just dont expect me to be opverly nice when I dont know what the f u r saying, k? 

If you have an issue with people who don't speak your language, then why not ignore them or politely say you speak English and leave it at that? I'm not the most patient person in the world, but I understand that the entire population of Earth does not speak perfect english (hell, most english speaking people can't speak proper english) or english at all and so I deal accordingly.

• mehmetcingozmehmetcingoz Member Posts: 2

thank jenpusa very much for writing this topic cuz i've got some sentences to write here :) i m from turkey too and i used to play KO n i hate game because of turkish kids in game so i do not play it anymore ... Ko is a real illness among kids from turkey ... two months ago i was  in holiday n away from my PC but i had a study which i had  to finish in those days . so i consider to go a public internet cafe n i  could not believe my eyez ... there were several PCs n all users were playing KO except me  and most of them are under 10 ... when i saw this picture i remember my bad memories in KO about ugly turkish players .. now i can not get ungry with them ... they are really poor persons plagued by the poison in game ... yeap KO is poisonous because it is easy to play, PvP or lvling, in game and the system in KO is just suitable for the kids but it is esay to be bored by  killing NPCs and kids are killing each other and annoying  others ... i ve said too much ... basicly KO is a game for mad kids not for us. the problem is not about races but it s all about free laws in turkey ... i think that turkish goverment must not let the kids play online games in public areas but they do :(  so kids give their all moneys to the public net cafes in turkey ... this is a real illness for both of us, them and us ...

In reply to the last post: I don't believe that age is a determining facotr here.  I should speak properly now that someone has decided to point out the lack of grammar in some posts.  That's why we are all here, right?  To prove our competency in the English language.  I have 2 clans on 2 diff servers.  They are composed of US, Australia, Canada, and actually Spain.  I can communicate well enough to speak with any of them, and as long as they know how to perform their duties for their character when we go to war, I don't really care if they can't type.  There is no language in game other than 2-3 letter sw's and ++'s.  Screw the english professor, I need to go.  Look, I have an 8 and 10 year old brother combo in my one clan that get PISSED if any of us KS another character, because it is wrong.  Try telling that to a f-ing turk kid...... Yeah, just what i thought.  I didnt realize Turkey was that big of a country until I started playing this game on multiple servers.  And with quests down now..... They just lost a gold subscriber to this crap.  Hire a GM to take care of KOXP-ers and idiots, or the whole KO population will be leaving shortly...image
  • ArbeluzArbeluz Member Posts: 12

Yeah im from Turkey but i live in america and i played KO for quiet a while and yes even for me turkish people can get very annoying with their swearing and begging all the time but i also know a lot of people in Turkey that are very nice and friendly. You cant expect every person that plays a game to be nice and you cant expect a whole country to be the same as the people you have only met through a game. You also cant expect them to know proper english beacuse of the not so great education, i mean do all americans know spanish? You may not like them but don't make comments that may offend anyone and if you do then what is the diffrence between you and the people you accuse annoying or harrasing you?image

Tnx All

Peace Outimage

They let turks in America? You dont have a pilot's license do u? Who gives a crap.  That game sucks, poeple in there are kids that can't afford a different game, and the maturity level shows it.  If I was piss-poor and couldnt afford to eat, I just wouldnt play MMO's anymore.  The Turks took A LOT of the paying customers away from that game, at least the ones i knew.  Like he said, PEACE OUT!!!image
  • ArbeluzArbeluz Member Posts: 12
    um yeah they do let turks in america....
  • wrathexwrathex Member Posts: 9

Woah slow down......

LEts get some things right

Ko sums up in 1 word: grinding

Turks sum up in 1 word too: annoying

While ur playing.....and getting pissd off becasue an ash knight just raped u because a turkish mage (and i dont know y but this always happens to me) decided to tp u in front of him to tank the ash knight and u loose the xp.....now at lvl 20 tht aint too bad at lvl 45 its damn frustrating.

Also i respect ppl from different cultures, i mean im indian, im brown and im closer to turkey than USA (but i live in NZ, so yea) but the strange fact is tht , 90% of ppl in this game are turks, its like......did ur politicians go on tv and say something like.....TURKEY DOES NOT HAVE A NATIONAL COMPUTER SPORT, AS OF NOW ALL TURKS ARE TO PLAY KO AND DOMINATE IN THAT AND NOT SPEAK ENGLISH (because its the most global language) AND B ANNOYING TO NON TURKISH SPEAKERS.....THANK YOU MY BROTHERS image ......so yea i can understand and i dont really say F the turks....but many times i do think it.

My apologies and on the behalf of the rest of the english speaking nation

• MaystorMaystor Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by IdesofMarch

Originally posted by DeezstuN

If you have an issue with people who don't speak your language, then why not ignore them or politely say you speak English and leave it at that? I'm not the most patient person in the world, but I understand that the entire population of Earth does not speak perfect english (hell, most english speaking people can't speak proper english) or english at all and so I deal accordingly.

dude yea its not nice to call em stupind...true...but kinda my language isnt english and i speak english so others can understand me...and its like 75% of KO players DO NOT speak english...and like 90% of those 75% are turks...think bout it

KOS - KillOnSight

• MaystorMaystor Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by Arbeluz

Yeah im from Turkey but i live in america and i played KO for quiet a while and yes even for me turkish people can get very annoying with their swearing and begging all the time but i also know a lot of people in Turkey that are very nice and friendly. You cant expect every person that plays a game to be nice and you cant expect a whole country to be the same as the people you have only met through a game. You also cant expect them to know proper english beacuse of the not so great education, i mean do all americans know spanish? You may not like them but don't make comments that may offend anyone and if you do then what is the diffrence between you and the people you accuse annoying or harrasing you?
    Tnx All
    Peace Out
    lets put it that way...no not everyone knows spenish...in fact probably very little ppl does...but english...i mean english is a international language...language that ppl learn in schools in any country round the world...so dont compare spanish with english...

KOS - KillOnSight

• GERGEGERGE Member Posts: 2
    Turks in KO are not racist. They are just are stupid ( well ... let's say not educated). I am  a Turk and and my first chat in KO went like that :

- Hello

- Turkmsun (Are you Turk?)

- Evet (Yes)

-
    Hangi tak?m (Which football club you like)(and forgot grammar even in turkish)

- Football'? sevmiyorum. (I don't like football)

- Top , p*ç ( Homo , bas*d) ( Not that I have something about homosexuals)

See; they are mean to all. Actually nearly all of them are no more 14 years. Needless to say , I was back in EVE within 5 minutes.
  • NeuroXlNeuroXl Member Posts: 291
    Originally posted by jenpusa

I've decided to write this topic, after my 12 years old cousin told me that he is playing Knight online.

First of all i am from turkey, i've got lots of mmorpg experience and played/tried lots of games. I've never played Knight online but i've heard that all the kids and morons "which have no idea what a mmorpg is" playing this game in my country. (I' ve met such ppl in ultima online.)

Ok, what i am saying is, u guys are maybe right with saying "the turks in knight online" are stupid. I can agree with that cuz most of them are.. and this is a reason why i've never played this game. BUT, dont take it out of the game. I mean if u say F.the turks, this is more than knight online, it includes whole nation and ppl like me can take it personally... Just "think" before u post something here cuz mmorpgs are global games so u can met ppl from all around the world...

I wanted to post something here cuz when i've read the posts on this forum i've really felt sorry...

Thanks

you are turkish from turkey?

haha stop joking man .. everyone knows there are no computers or internet in turkey ... sheesh .. some people can be so silly online

• mwbreurmwbreur Member Posts: 84

Is this going on at the USKO servers or the MYKO servers? I've played on the MYKO servers and didn't really have a problem with turks (there were other but dunno where they were from) . I've played MYKO for about 1,5 years and 3 months when it was P2P and i enjoyed it, but everything gets boring after a while. I had good fun with Malaysian people, Swedish, Finish, Dutch, Germans and most spoke/wrote good enough english.

MYKO = Malaysian KO.

• LadyRenoLadyReno Member Posts: 218

LOL don't play the game but was reading the fourms.  /passes albino-negrO another glass of kool-aid.

Ladyreno