Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Simple question

QaxlorQaxlor Member Posts: 17
People say you can pay as much or as little as you want to play this game. Is that really true? Is it possible to play and pay absolutely nothing? I'm not saying it will be exciting if you pay nothing but is there something someone can do besides watching the grass grow without depositing one red cent?

Comments

• dude990dude990 Member Posts: 60
    Chat, explore and sweating all free.
  • fredypenguinfredypenguin Member Posts: 44
    Originally posted by dude990

Chat, explore and sweating all free.
    Also when you explore WALKING  (not running) you will find fruits and dung (free) which you can sell them.

Bringing the truth,
    Fredy

• KlodvigKlodvig Member Posts: 22
    Well give it a few hours at least. And see for ur self. U might like it and u might not like it.

Any idiot can critizise but few idiots can critizise well or with style

• QaxlorQaxlor Member Posts: 17
    Originally posted by Klodvig

Well give it a few hours at least. And see for ur self. U might like it and u might not like it.
    I played quite a bit this weekend. I started a character over in New Oxford and just started walking around. Found fruit and dung and sweated a lot. Most people over there are nice and ask if I am lost or need help. So far nobody has killed me in PvP areas (I guess an OJ is not worth the ammuntion costs). I went over to PA for a visit and it was lag city, people spamming, hard to find MOBs and sweating seemed to be much less successful. I enjoyed the LAs around NO much more, even though it seems less newbie friendly and I die faster. It seems like there is stuff to do, but it may get boring at some point and if I want to do real hunting, crafting, etc. I will need to deposit.

Does anyone know if the fruit and dung are tied to locations? Is it worth noting where I find stuff and revisiting that location or is it totally random?

• dude990dude990 Member Posts: 60
    Atlas Haven is a good place to sweat, also Camp Phoenix
  • fredypenguinfredypenguin Member Posts: 44
    Originally posted by Qaxlor

Originally posted by Klodvig

I played quite a bit this weekend. I started a character over in New Oxford and just started walking around. Found fruit and dung and sweated a lot. Most people over there are nice and ask if I am lost or need help. So far nobody has killed me in PvP areas (I guess an OJ is not worth the ammuntion costs). I went over to PA for a visit and it was lag city, people spamming, hard to find MOBs and sweating seemed to be much less successful. I enjoyed the LAs around NO much more, even though it seems less newbie friendly and I die faster. It seems like there is stuff to do, but it may get boring at some point and if I want to do real hunting, crafting, etc. I will need to deposit.

Does anyone know if the fruit and dung are tied to locations? Is it worth noting where I find stuff and revisiting that location or is it totally random?

Fruits and dung are totally random and as more skilled you become more fruits you will find. If now you can only find +20 fruits later on can find +100. Biggest fruits I found was 279 and this was after 11 months.

Bringing the truth,
    Fredy

• TorschenTorschen Member Posts: 78
    To original question:

Yes you can play EU for free. Some ppl have advanced to a very good position in EUniverse without depositing a dime. But they are exceptions.

Generally, prepare for a VERY slow start if you are not planning to deposit. But it IS possible to make progress, even profit. Profiting BIG is not propable though.
  • QaxlorQaxlor Member Posts: 17
    Made my first 10PED last night selling the sweat and fruit I had found, slow is right, but not impossible. What is required to manufacture energized fertilizer? I know dung and growth molecules, but how do you combine them? Do you need to buy one of the many tools, matter transformer for instance? Is it worth buying the molecules or better to just sell the crap wholesale. I have like 500 units of dung now and I've not found a buyer.
  • KlodvigKlodvig Member Posts: 22
    Id say its hard to find buyers for dung unless its really huge amounts. like 10k dung. Hmm but i could be wrong but I dont think markup between mols and fert differs that much

Any idiot can critizise but few idiots can critizise well or with style

• AmorphiaAmorphia Member Posts: 30
    I think Rea´s Place is good for sweating seen a lot of people there sweating ambulimax.
  • XantoniaXantonia Member Posts: 7

You mean Nea's place :)

with the new outposts there is also a new area called swamp camp just NE of PA main area.  This is less laggy and lots of people are sweating there.  This means there are also people there who will heal you and focus you to help out.

Patience is the biggest friend in this game.

Good luck and I hope you stay with us in this universe.

• DobbinDobbin Member Posts: 35

To play for free do the following.......

1- Sweat buy a gun - Apalo rifle from trade terminal - 3.8  PED  (about 700 sweat at current rates)

2- Sweat more...... get together about 20 ped, buy ammo hunt and store your loot

3- Repeat stage 2

Dobbin :-)