Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Everquest 2: More Exclusive Screens!

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

Don't worry, you have not accidentally linked to the National Geographic website...you are still at MMORPG.COM ;-)  This week we are featuring some breathtaking images from EverQuest 2 that look like they were shot with a 35mm in the plains of Africa! We hope you enjoy them...

Members who are logged in can view the high-rez 1600x1200 version of each screen by using the links under the screens.

MMORPG.COM Exlcusive
MMORPG.COM Exlcusive
MMORPG.COM Exlcusive
View 1600x1200
View 1600x1200
View 1600x1200

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Comments

• andageandage Member Posts: 13

Very nice! How could anyone kill a nice elephant? (I'm sure those tusks are sharp!)  It took me a while but I found a flaw (only one).  In the third pic the baby's ear disappeared into its shoulder.  Otherwise, very sweet shots.  I like the textured moon too.

I would like to see some dust and mud also.   Elephants are notoriously dirty.

• Clever_GloveClever_Glove Member Posts: 996

I ponder if our criticism is forcing Admin to pick better screen shots?

-=-=-=-=-
    "We're a game that's focused on grouping and on solo play, you know, more group oriented, more solo play..."
    John Blakely Senior lead for EQ2. Link

Bartle: A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50% The Test. Learn what it means here.

-=-=-=-=-
    Achievers realise that killers as a concept are necessary in order to make achievement meaningful and worthwhile (there being no way to "lose" the game if any fool can "win" just by plodding slowly unchallenged). -bartle

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623
    LOL - no, I don't get to "pick" them.  They are send to us image

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• GnarledGnarled Member Posts: 566
    Cannot wait to get out there and just explore Norrath again. . .

"I can tell you with no ego, this is my finest sword. If, on your journey, you should encounter God. . .
    . . . God will be cut."
    - Quentin Tarantino, Kill Bill

EQII
    Requiiem, Templar
    Neriak

• RegusRegus Member Posts: 489
    cannot wait either because looks great but i will need more then 64mb graphic card if i wanna enjoy that

One day all will die, surely you but never I.

"One day all will die, surely you but never I." Wheel of Time

• TheHiddenOneTheHiddenOne Member Posts: 66

More impressive graphics, but 3 of em? maybe they could release some annimated sequences to see how the movement is now.

And, maybe the baby elephant's ear has been chewed off in a fight!

• veeshaaveeshaa Member UncommonPosts: 6
    What is that moon on screen 2 and 3? Isn't luclin destroyed?

Norrath has 2 moons...Luclin and Drinal.  Luclin is the only one that was destroyed image

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• CalibanvovCalibanvov Member UncommonPosts: 192

wow that is as realistic as I have ever seen.  If they can match a framerate to that, it would be like playing realife.

• TaskyZZTaskyZZ Member Posts: 1,476

Originally posted by andage
    Very nice! How could anyone kill a nice elephant? (I'm sure those tusks are sharp!) It took me a while but I found a flaw (only one). In the third pic the baby's ear disappeared into its shoulder. Otherwise, very sweet shots. I like the textured moon too.
    I would like to see some dust and mud also. Elephants are notoriously dirty.

The first pic had that flaw as well...

Wasn't it South Karana that had elephants in EQ 1? It has been quite a while since I played...

EDIT:

And what is that little thing in the grass in front of the elephants? Some sort of bug, or a rat, or an Armadillo???

• BagelmanBagelman Member Posts: 4
    image Are you sure we have to kill elephants?  They are nice animals.

• CerionCerion Member Posts: 1,005

As nice as they are, when will we get the 'game-play' equivelant of a screen shot. Something that shows us what the game is really like--a game play demo or something similar. Any game these days can produce a great screenshot--few players will have the gear to run at such resolutions, and even if they could, most will turn off all the goodies for better performance.

Though I'm interested in EQII, game screenshots are tired and passe.

edited: for clarity.

Games I'm watching: Infinity: The Quest for Earth, Force of Arms.

Find the Truth: http://www.factcheck.org/

Originally posted by Admin
    LOL - no, I don't get to "pick" them.  They are send to us image

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

So what your saying is VI was shafting MMORPG.com with poor screen shots?

-=-=-=-=-
    "We're a game that's focused on grouping and on solo play, you know, more group oriented, more solo play..."

-=-=-=-=-
    Achievers realise that killers as a concept are necessary in order to make achievement meaningful and worthwhile (there being no way to "lose" the game if any fool can "win" just by plodding slowly unchallenged). -bartle

Nah, I think they send us great stuff...  To each is own I guess image

FYI Verant Interactive was dissolved away long ago image

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• ZoharZohar Member Posts: 673

Originally posted by TaskyZZ

Originally posted by andage
    Very nice! How could anyone kill a nice elephant? (I'm sure those tusks are sharp!) It took me a while but I found a flaw (only one). In the third pic the baby's ear disappeared into its shoulder. Otherwise, very sweet shots. I like the textured moon too.
    I would like to see some dust and mud also. Elephants are notoriously dirty.

The first pic had that flaw as well...

Wasn't it South Karana that had elephants in EQ 1? It has been quite a while since I played...

EDIT:

And what is that little thing in the grass in front of the elephants? Some sort of bug, or a rat, or an Armadillo???

Who knows, if Luclin is no more perhaps the changes in gravity caused a change in climate?

-=MMORPG.COM Staff=-
    E-mail: [email protected]

Speaking of SK, I wonder if these elephants can climb tress like their ancestors.  You wouldn't know it by looking at them, but they are quite agile climbers, impressive actually.

-=-=-=-=-

-=-=-=-=-