Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Install Problems

LukainLukain Member UncommonPosts: 591

Excuse me if this has been posted before " if it has can I get a link to a fix"

So I download Shadowbane.zip & unpack it to Shadowbane.exe - I run the exe & get a box with "InstallAnywhere is Preparing to Install"

it gets to 100% & then nothing happens after that ..?

Comments

• GrimOwlGrimOwl Member UncommonPosts: 8

I had this exact same issue when trying to load the game on a new Vista PC.  I wasn't able to defeat the conflict head-on, but here was my workaround...

Install Shadowbane on a Microsoft XP machine.  Copy the entire c:programsubisoftshadowbane file to an external harddrive (or burn a DVD) and then copy it onto the machine you want to play from.  Make sure the folder is not set to "read only" so that patches can be written to it. 

The Installanywhere is using some Java code, which can conflict with certain graphic card hardware acceleration configurations.  While I was able to find where these acceleration settings were determined on my PC, the new Vista security would not let me (eventhough I was 'administrator') change the acceleration settings within the registry.  Believe me, the workaround is much easier than digging into Vista.

• LukainLukain Member UncommonPosts: 591
    The problem is on an XP machine , I don't use Vista

Ok found a solution , simple one at that  :)  Install in Safe mode .. Doh!!