Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this game worth getting

kazlazkazlaz Member Posts: 45

i have been eye balling this game for a while now and it looks fun but i just want every bodys opinion before i go and seal the deal

i know people will say try the trial but i want to talk to some people that pay to play

WoW (kazlaz-horde) Gul'dan

Comments

• If you want my honest opinion I would have to say no. Its far to late to get into Ultima online, though it is a solid game with a solid community the rewards granted to vetrans are just to numerous to count. Veteran players will have access to everything from 5-10 stat points above you (from one of the annivesry rewards, it stacks with the harrower scroll as well.) To having a cap of 720 skill points compared to your cap of 700. They will also be able to use etheral mounts that never can get killed and never die. Have access to many weapons and armor that was granted only through in game promotions, and various other things.

Also depending on what server you start on many of the players were around during the time where gold exploiting was common place, and for that reason have millions upon millions of extra gold laying around, overall ruining the prices for any new player starting the game. It really is a good game as far as community, mechanics and graphics. Its just when the marketing team was designing incentives to keep people buying the expansions they didn't think how the incentives would impact new players experince in game in the future. I couldn't help but compare myself to the players around me and for that reason it ruined the experince for me.

• vengeful85vengeful85 Member Posts: 65
      Well imo this is always a great game, any MMO has a sharp learning curve, as well as any established MMO has alot of veteran players, but in UO you will find a closely knit community like no other ranging from many veterans as well as some great newer players that have enough resources and items that they be willing to help you out in anyway possible, ie. gold armor weapons etc as well as just the good old fashioned tips and tricks to succed in everyday gameplay...  There is alot of good UO forums, websites, and guides that can help as well.  There is also no  veteran "stat" rewards that are not available to anyone with an account over 6 months old (all accts recieve a +5 bonus to thier stats cap for all characters on that acct regardless of the character's age, at 6 months),  and as far as the yearly veteran rewards go,    sure UO has alot of different ones  but none that will affect your game play signifigantly as a new player.   Player vs Player combat as in any MMO is skewwed by the players skill level as well as the quality of thier items and thier ability to use the terrain and the resources and items available to them in a benificial way, (i've played nearly every main stream MMO at one time or another whether on my own accts or playing friend's or beta trials and have yet to find a more truely balanced PvP set-up) and have always stayed with UO as my MMO of choice.  UO is always going to be one of the best choices for a truely free-feeling game standing  totally open ended with a virtual world packed with many exciting areas to explore, monsters varying from the very mild to the most extreme to fight (and flee from), and scores of players to interact with.  Whether your a player happy to stay in town as a crafter making a living by crafting one or all of  the various items required in daily MMO life, an adventurer that seeks to slay the hundreds of monsters in the land in search of loot and fortune & fame, a resource gatherer using the land and its inhabitants to garner an income and it's rewards, or a PvP'r that aims to  fight his/her way to supremacy in the Player vs Player  facets or factions, Or a combination of all of the above digging in and taking a slice right out of the middle there is always  something for everyone in the multiverse the UO offers.  Worth a try for any MMO enthusiast that has yet to delve into the massiveness that only UO can offer!
  • ElminzterElminzter Member UncommonPosts: 283

any ETA when Kingdom Reborn gonna be release for beta?

• ZenthiasZenthias Member Posts: 36

This game is worth playing. I started again a few weeks back after being gone for 7 years. There is a lot of stuff that changed, and most of it I don't like. But all in all I still like this game. Give the free trial a ...try.

Go ahead semp., flame on. You tool.

-aaron