Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rapid Reality ... is dead ... and I'm there to kick the dead corpse

13»

Comments

• SamuraiswordSamuraisword Member Posts: 2,111

Some people have been asking for multiplayer controlled ships in Pirates of the Burning Sea. The developers have responded that this will not be considered. They didn't lie and say maybe in the future. They are willing to lose a few players who think this is a dealbreaker.

• shaeshae Member Posts: 2,509
    Originally posted by CaesarsGhost

If you had to choose between

A) Real Developers who tell it like it is but lack the professionalism on the Forums

or

B) Developers who sugarcoat everything and are professional on the Forums but don't convey all the messages.

Which would you choose?

I completely dissagree with this statement on such a fundamental level, it's not even funny. More over, it really explains so much CG. So, so, sooooo much.

I deeply, whole heartedly believe that you can have responsible, professional, HONEST (big one for you there CG) contact with your fan base without loosing your INTERGRITY. You do remember that word right?

It's a matter of management, middle management, public relations staff and front line CS workers all being on the same page. It's been done before, hell it's being done now.

Go to the White Wolf web page, be part of the community, spend time on the forums. No it's not a game developer but the process of scripting p&p games, producing the books and putting them into production for the fan base isn't all that different. You'll see how people do it right, you'll see how producers and developers and cs people work with the fan base all on an every day basis in some cases.

So how about this, as a gamer I ABSOLUTELY refuse BOTH your opttions and I take the third. How about I refuse to accept community relations reps like yourself and move on to companies that want to treat me like a person instead of a PR possibility or annoying responsibility. As a business woman who will be in the industry, I will take it upon myself to not just BS about what I believe in but follow my heart in my career.

No, I'm just done playing the role of a nice community manager.

I'm very much so in development of a Title right now.  And with the people already on the project, it was decided to treat people the way they treat us, and not be little puppets to be strung up.
    Oh and please let us know what the title is so the rest of us can stay as far away as humanly possible.
  • CaesarsGhostCaesarsGhost Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136
    You would judge a game by it's Forum Experience instead of the game.  Wouldn't you?

- CaesarsGhost

Lead Gameplay and Gameworld Designer for a yet unnamed MMO Title.
    "When people tell me designing a game is easy, I try to get them to design a board game. Most people don't last 5 minutes, the rest rarely last more then a day. The final few realize it's neither fun nor easy."

• bverjibverji Member UncommonPosts: 722
    Actually, I said that you'll go play somebody elses game.  I hope you do, I hope it makes you happy.

And the end was awhile ago, I was pretty good after it.  Now I'm just being a jackass back to people being mean to me... can you take it?

Here's a question:

When you read my posts are you still reading them like they're in some sort of official capacity?  Or are you reading them as they are intended, just another gamer on these Forums?

My posts won't make sense to you if you're thinking 1 way... because my guess is that you're here looking for a way to bash RR and call me unprofessional more.  When I have nothing to be professional for now.  Whereas I'm here to be a regular gamer, and really get alot of fight I've held back for a year out of system.  Feels pretty good to be honest... I always thought you were pretty rude to even other gamers on Forums, now I can actually call you a jackass.  Feels good... feels good in deed.

And Fulmanfu, man we used to be friends.  We played EVE together, remember? 

No reason to be professional for now? As shea suggested. You say your starting a company and instead of trying to repair bridges you decide to keep throwing fule on the fire. Not only are you ensuring that none of the people on this forim would give you a chance, but you pushing some to want tol actively take steps to ensure you fail. Yeah, that's a good business plan.

My 4 year old has a better business understanding and ethic then you. You have a strong representaive of the market, that you intend to try to aquire in the future, telling you what your doing wrong for over a year now and your response continues to be that of an immature teenager. Reguardless of the facts, you continue to represent yourself as having some "special insight" (no wonder you and brando get along) into buisness. I say the same thing about you, CG, that I said about Ghetti (i was right then and I am right now). You're a young kid without any  appropriate education, or experince and way over your head. And you will continue to be nothing other then a stuid kid (reguardless of you age) as long as you are unwilling to be hummled by your failers and learn from them.

You would judge a game by it's Forum Experience instead of the game.  Wouldn't you?
    Like most I would judge any company by the way they conduct themselfs. Look at Necron. Was a great game that flushed itself down the tolit because they had horrible management. If a company can not provide, run, conduct a forum in a manner that is constructive, that is a very good indication that they can't conduct a customer relation in a constructive manner either. There are tons of examples of games that have failed or suffered because the producers failed to relate/communicate with their players.
    Out of curiosity (cause I don't know), how did Neocron's management screw up the game?

- CaesarsGhost

"When people tell me designing a game is easy, I try to get them to design a board game. Most people don't last 5 minutes, the rest rarely last more then a day. The final few realize it's neither fun nor easy."

Out of curiosity (cause I don't know), how did Neocron's management screw up the game?
    showing favortism, not dealing with GM who abused their power, Ignoring complaints of cutomers, taking a I don't care attitude towards the community, not fufilling promises ect.
    Originally posted by bverji

showing favortism, not dealing with GM who abused their power, Ignoring complaints of cutomers, taking a I don't care attitude towards the community, not fufilling promises ect. that sounds very different then what's planned by me...

- CaesarsGhost

Originally posted by bverji

showing favortism, not dealing with GM who abused their power, Ignoring complaints of cutomers, taking a I don't care attitude towards the community, not fufilling promises ect.that sounds very different then what's planned by me...

not the point. The point is if you don't treat your customers with repect and in a professional manner (or people in general) it not only puts potential consumers off, but enables a similar attitude through out the whole company. Such attitudes will only serve to cause problems with in other aspects of a company. Companies have a legal responsiblity to be clear about their services and intentions (this failure is why RR is being investigated for fraud). As such there is no place for sarcasm, favortism or misleading statements. This is something that regaurdless of the grief it has caused you, seems to alude you.

No matter how you look at it behaving the way you have/are and declaring oh by the way I'm opening my own gaming company, is finanial suicide. It is beyond idiotic. If you ever have any plans on being a success in business and or public relations you better learn to be smarter with both your forthrightness and euphemisms. Because up till this point the overwelming majority of what you put in print has been a disaster.

K.

Well thanks for explaining that Neocron thing to me.  Will take it under advisement.

- CaesarsGhost

I would never presume to judge a game(s) quality on any one part or personal assumption, I really don't find myself that important.

That being said, I will purchase a product (or not in some instances) based on the people that run, manage and develope it. Saga of Ryzom is the perfect example for me, I enjoyed the game but didn't think it a particular wonderful experience over the long term yet continued to pay a monthly subscription for a very long time because I deeply believed in Jesica Mulligan and her vision of the future for SoR and MMOs in general.

Sure that did not pan out for me but I still "feel" as if I did the right thing, I supported a project that I believed in and that made me happy, I wanted Nevrax and Co. to do well. I was a fan.

See that's what people do when they believe in something, or someone. I also believe the opposite can be true, I really don't think you have any place near a game's community or developement, you're a liar, a proven liar, you've been caught and can't be trusted in my oppinion. At least not in a professional manner.

I'm not saying you're a bad person and your always off planning your next big scheeme, I'm sure your a fine person on a personal level but let's face it, in the gaming community your on about the same level as Julio Torres and Smedley in the trustworthiness (word/spelling?) department.

Actually I spend every day reading Forums (across multiple networks) and find out what people want... see if I can fit most of it into my design.

Today talked to an AI programmer about the possibility of making things greatly different.

Nothing would make me more ecstatic then making something great and putting it out there for people to ridicule.  I would even hope that one day you would try it... I hope that for everybody.

Cause only after you actually try the game can you pass your judgement on it.  Unless it's a DerekSmart project... that's another story to be honest.

- CaesarsGhost

• NeanderthalNeanderthal Member RarePosts: 1,861

I have no clue what's going on here and I'm glad.  Thankfully I'm not foolish enough to pre-order games so I guess I dodged a bullet there.

It is too bad about The Chronicle, though.  Once upon a time I had high hopes for it.

• SpangusSpangus Member Posts: 10

Anyone having information about a criminal fraud case or civil lawsuit against Rapid Reality or any of its employees, please shoot me a mail with the details.  Scanned copies of legal docs are preferred.

Also, if anyone wants to guest author on my Blog or has anything to say they'd like posted there I'd be be glad to set it up for you (best if you have Google account)  Send mail to [email protected]

• MorvMorv Member UncommonPosts: 331
    Those of you flaming CG are a bunch of ignorant children. Shut up. Boys.

Morv

I'm still around CG.
    Hey thanks Morv.  Good to see you round. :-)

- CaesarsGhost

• MoLoK_MoLoK_ Member UncommonPosts: 307
    Originally posted by Morv

Morv

I'm still around CG.
    Oh ok. Well now I will not flame CG anymore. Another one of his irl friends is here.... ohhhhh... ohhhh... :P

If you dont have the time to read up on whats happened then just leave morv. Just leave.

CG deserves every flame there is on this forum. And he knows it.
  • HamrtimeHamrtime Member Posts: 200

Originally posted by MoLoK_
    Those of you flaming CG are a bunch of ignorant children. Shut up. Boys.MorvI'm still around CG.
    Oh ok. Well now I will not flame CG anymore. Another one of his irl friends is here.... ohhhhh... ohhhh... :P

If you dont have the time to read up on whats happened then just leave morv. Just leave.

I beg to differ. I have been around since Feb of 06 and still havent seen CG do anything except what he thought was good for the community as a whole. You need to remember that he wasnt in charge of RR just merely the spokesperson for RR. Even though I didnt agree with some of the things he said, He still tried to do his job the best that he could under the circumstances he was put under. Molok, I feel your pain but I think youre barkin up the wrong tree. Youre trying to kill the messenger when you should be trying to kill the person who wrote the message.

p.s. congrats on your winning one of the contests. I just found out 15 min ago that I won the artwork from the archlord contest. :)

• MoLoK_MoLoK_ Member UncommonPosts: 307
    Originally posted by Hamrtime

Originally posted by MoLoK_

Morv
    I'm still around CG.

I beg to differ. I have been around since Feb of 06 and still havent seen CG do anything except what he thought was good for the community as a whole. You need to remember that he wasnt in charge of RR just merely the spokesperson for RR. Even though I didnt agree with some of the things he said, He still tried to do his job the best that he could under the circumstances he was put under. Molok, I feel your pain but I think youre barkin up the wrong tree. Youre trying to kill the messenger when you should be trying to kill the person who wrote the message.

p.s. congrats on your winning one of the contests. I just found out 15 min ago that I won the artwork from the archlord contest. :)

Bah... I smell bs...

Who might these invisible bosses at RR be? Why does noone mention their names? If you dont have the balls to say who fucked up then be prepared to take the blame. Simple as that.

And when has "best for the community" been anything else but the thruth? Which CG NEVER gave us. He lied and he know it.

• FaranoxFaranox Member Posts: 37
    A pity about TC. Good luck with everything Luke!
  • brando13184brando13184 Member UncommonPosts: 67

The invisible bosses are pretty much just that at this point.  After the Ghettis left, several leads and Tracy (In charge of Africa) were promoted to being the "bosses".  Mostly everything from the letter to the community (Apparently promising things would be different ...) up until this point with all the silence has been under their direction.  Its really upsetting that they posted that open letter because it was supposed to mean that things would be different.  For about a week it was ...

How has Luke been trying to do the best for the community?  Well, when I was passing through Atlanta, he got me an NDA free visit of the studio and I got to try out Phylon.  I was allowed to post whatever I wanted on the MMOCenter forums and I did just that without fear of banning or being censored.  It was all Luke's doing and he got Tracy to give me permission to do it.

I'm still confused as to how things went 180 from that point.  I was happy because things had changed and there was information getting out on the forums and in IRC as well as when I visited.  It was a period of no BS ... however, that didn't last long.  Maybe being in charge of the business got to the managements heads? 

Either way, its complete bullshit the way they promised change and now nothing has happened.  Half the team has quit or been let go.  Maybe it was all part of their plan to get Phylon to a certain point and then let everyone go so they won't have to pay any more salaries than they have to. 

The attitude thing doesn't help, but I wouldn't say that Luke was scheming to lie to us.  I think it drove him pretty far into depression not being able to tell us what was going on.   All in all, its a shitty situation and RR better be giving back every last refund to those who still want it.  They've set a date for refunds to start ... and if they don't make it we're plenty ready to go forward with legal action.

I understand letting people go. RR has lost a lot of its financle support. I am sure they are trying to cut costs.

I agree that Luke was in a bad situation and I don't think he "lied" as much as others seemed to believe. Most of the time I think he just said what he thought was true (and I don't think he's a very good critical thinker and often spoke without sufficient knowledge) and when people started saying "hey that doesn't make any sense" he was unwilling to correct himself. And, his unwilling to admit/accept his mistakes often led to half-truths/excuses. Reguardless, I would say either way he betrayed a trust and was very bad at his job.

As for litigation refunds still don't address those who won mmorpg.com contest and those promised a buddy spot.

• SpangusSpangus Member Posts: 10
    Just so you all know; I've sent numerous e-mails and made several phone calls to verify the info I put in my Blog, they never get back with me.
  • gnlLucidgnlLucid Member Posts: 310

LOL, Peregrine is amusing, because he's crazy as all hell.

Lucid

Former Rapid Reality Developer

http://whenallelsefailsus.blogspot.com/