Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"But my Lord Sidious, is that legal?"

2»

Comments

• TrubadurenTrubaduren Member Posts: 575
    If it comes to court, I will fly to U.S just to se it.

Starwars Galaxies, An Empier Diveded, That's what it says on my box anyway.

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333
    Originally posted by Ransom73

You people are missing the overall picture here: JUST BECAUSE SOMETHING IS UNETHICAL OR IMMORAL, THAT DOESN'T MEAN IT'S ILLEGAL.
    Something is unethical or immoral SHOULD BE illegal.

/fixed

Only money saves atm these criminals. But if we get organized...

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Wildcat84

In this day and age where McDonalds can be sued and liable for 200K in damages because some klutz didn't realize COFFEE IS HOT, SOE can be sued and/or prosecuted for developing the NGE in secret then springing it on us.
    It's a matter of getting organized and getting it done.

A person who burns themselves on coffee has second/third degree burns to prove they were the victim Of anothers error.

What is the evidence to be used against SOE ? What manner in which they released NGE was Illegal , Breaking a law or anything more than immoral disregard for customers ? 

Secondly are we talking criminal or civil charges here ? Are you  sueing them for damages  Or atttempting to regain losses in subscription dollars ? Are you seeking Fines and Jail time for SOE employees ?

These are the questions you need to answer before orgainizing anything , If it is your plan to do so . You need to find proof of fraud , proof of ill intent . If it is your plan to orgainize this , You must also discontinue paying for and playing the product , You are seeking damages for existing as it is today .

Bring all of this to us in full detail ,  Documented proof that in no way can be argued against . And I am positive  you will get quite a few people to jump on board with you .

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Ransom73Ransom73 Member Posts: 227

Originally posted by DarthRaiden
    Originally posted by Ransom73 You people are missing the overall picture here: JUST BECAUSE SOMETHING IS UNETHICAL OR IMMORAL, THAT DOESN'T MEAN IT'S ILLEGAL.
    Something is unethical or immoral SHOULD BE illegal.

/fixed

No, it shouldn't be.

The really real world works a little differently, thankfully.

• Ransom73Ransom73 Member Posts: 227

Originally posted by ArcAngel3
    Originally posted by Ransom73 You people are missing the overall picture here: JUST BECAUSE SOMETHING IS UNETHICAL OR IMMORAL, THAT DOESN'T MEAN IT'S ILLEGAL.
    Let's say someone sues SOE and wins.
    How can you not see that as a killshot for the genre?
    Are you that obtuse and blind with SOE hate not to see the TRUTH?
    Let's say in Bizarro World Never Never Land where you people live what SOE did was found to be illegal. You DO realize that the genre would die? There would be no innovation beyond launch? Nothing would ever be fixed? Game A would launch, and NEVER CHANGE. No content would be added. No bugs would be fixed. Nothing. Not a thing. It would launch, and no matter what the players said, they couldn't effectively change a thing.
    Yeah, that's irrational. I realize this audience is irrational, but that's beside the point. BUT THAT IS WHAT YOU'RE ESSENTIALLY PROPOSING.

More clarification for the interested consumer:
    Fraud is both unethical AND illegal.  Saying otherwise in block caps doesn't make it true.  
    Changing a game, updating a game, fixing bugs in a game is not fraud.  Fraud legislation doesn't hurt the MMO genre, it hurts people who commit fraud.  
    Misrepresenting a product knowingly or recklessly is fraud, see the definition in original post if you like.
    The post above seems to get all these concepts mixed up somehow.  I hope that clears things up a bit
    Arc

If it were considered fraud, I'm quite sure SOE would have already been brought up on charges of it.

Since they haven't? Well, I'm going to go ahead and side with the rest of world who has a freaking clue and laugh at you.

This discussion has been closed.