Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Am I a freak? Am I losing it?

I used to play GW, and one day, out of curiousity, I downloaded a 2d mmorpg, 8 months later and I'm still stuck to that 2d mmo and still getting sleepless nights playing it, I even let 2-3 pc's run it now. When I tried GW again, I can't even stay to play it for 30 minutes. I even own uber equipments in GW and even got lots of shards and ectos. and in this 2d mmo, I'm a nobody. Now, whenever I browse mmorpg.com, I always look at the screenshots of a game first, and I now find the 2d games more interesting (I even downloaded a 2d game which is on the buttom of the gamelist rating). Is there still hope for me? 

(\__/) Why Can't You Put
( ^.^) The Bunneh
(")-(") Back In The Box?

Comments

• DrShiZaYDrShiZaY Member Posts: 57
    No, there's no hope for you or me either
  • SoraellionSoraellion Member UncommonPosts: 558
    Just out of curiosity; what's that game?
  • ShijukiShijuki Member UncommonPosts: 318
    Let me guess, Ragnarok Online?
  • yokam888yokam888 Member Posts: 87

I'm not gonna say the name of the game out of shame. Probably when the time of acceptance comes, or when I'm fully cured, ill post the game name here.

and no, its not ragnarok online (although thats one of the 1st mmo's ive played). ragnarok graphics is "real life 3d" compared to what im into right now  

(\__/) Why Can't You Put
    ( ^.^) The Bunneh
    (")-(") Back In The Box?

• wjrasmussenwjrasmussen Member Posts: 1,493
    Originally posted by yokam888

I'm not gonna say the name of the game out of shame. Probably when the time of acceptance comes, or when I'm fully cured, ill post the game name here.
    and no, its not ragnarok online (although thats one of the 1st mmo's ive played). ragnarok graphics is "real life 3d" compared to what im into right now  
    No, you shouldn't be ashamed of liking this game.  Nethack is a great game too.
  • ASmith84ASmith84 Member Posts: 979
    either you have a serious problem or you just want attention.  my advise to you is get rid of the 2d game.  its ruining your life it sounds like.  this is why people play guildwars.  it is not that time consuming.  it doensnt take that long to play to get to the fun stuff.  and no monthly fee to waste your money on.  so get rid of this game and stick to guildwars.  if you still cant play it play age of conan when it comes out.  i guarantee you will play that game.
  • mlbsluggermlbslugger Member Posts: 49
    LOL Ragnarok. Well, whatever floats your boat is kewl... it's all about personal enjoyment.  I'll send you a get well package shortly.

PS - It's probably UO
  • flowercivicflowercivic Member Posts: 31

Well I was an old EQ1 & EQ2 fan, and now I can't find a fix at all. 

Tried guild wars... got bored

Tried WoW... got bored

Tried Lineage 2 .. got bored

Tried FFXI... got bored

Tried LOTRO beta... snooze

Tried Vanguard... too buggy

Tried City of Heros... to simple

Now I have been playing Dungon Runners, and I got bored with it too...

Now some would say that I have issues, but really I think that no software companies are thinking outside of the box since they all look at WoW to create something "like" it since it made so MUCH MONEY.  Well that's why companies go into business; to make the big bucks.  I went back to strategys to bide my time to see what will happen with Vanguard, or Age of Conan...

2d games can be fun, but for that extent?   your loco man

Originally posted by ASmith84

either you have a serious problem or you just want attention.  my advise to you is get rid of the 2d game.  its ruining your life it sounds like.  this is why people play guildwars.  it is not that time consuming.  it doensnt take that long to play to get to the fun stuff.  and no monthly fee to waste your money on.  so get rid of this game and stick to guildwars.  if you still cant play it play age of conan when it comes out.  i guarantee you will play that game.
    ill take your advice, but i just cant seem to have the courage to remove the game from my HD. believe me i login to GW but all i do is look at my stuff then logout. hope this age of conan cures me.

(\__/) Why Can't You Put
    ( ^.^) The Bunneh
    (")-(") Back In The Box?

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Let me guess..its Tibia, isn't it?

OMG just saw that age of conan is still scheduled for release on 10/2007. now i dont know if i can last for that long.

and no its not tibia, although  i would really like to try that game. but i think it would  just magnify my problem a thousand fold

(\__/) Why Can't You Put
    ( ^.^) The Bunneh
    (")-(") Back In The Box?

• theanimedudetheanimedude Member UncommonPosts: 1,610

OMG just saw that age of conan is still scheduled for release on 10/2007. now i dont know if i can last for that long.

and no its not tibia, although i would really like to try that game. but i think it would just magnify my problem a thousand fold

It's Monster & Me, I know it =P

• christwariorchristwarior Member Posts: 126

ogre island, maple story, terra world, clan lord

any of those it???

this thread is a cry for help.  

not a "guess what 2d game im playing"

and its not m&m (i did download that game, but i find it too complex for my simple, malfunctioned brain, to comprehend)

and even if one of you guys guessed it correctly, im still not gonna admit/say that you got it. sorry

(\__/) Why Can't You Put
    ( ^.^) The Bunneh
    (")-(") Back In The Box?

oh goodness out with it... Tell us what it is!

i just created a new character in GW today because i figure, maybe i just need to re-familiarize myself with the game i used to love, i made a new monk, and guess what, theres no passion anymore, i just got pass the first few quests in ascalon and then logged out. but GW is still a very beautiful game, its so immersive when i play it, but no such luck, the craving for that 2d game still overwhelms me. 

(\__/) Why Can't You Put
    ( ^.^) The Bunneh
    (")-(") Back In The Box?

and the 2d game is??? Don't leave us hanging
  • darkedone02darkedone02 Member UncommonPosts: 581
    You are now transforming into a Game Traveller, you are now going to go to one game to another to find which game is better then Guild Wars itself and level up on that game to get a unique feel.

• Token1337GuyToken1337Guy Member Posts: 159
    I don't think you have a problem at all.  In this day and age when it's "OMGZGRAPHIXLIEKTEHUBARKEWLLOLOLOLOL" it seems strange to enjoy a game that doesn't have the best graphics.  I've recently taken up playing Shadowbane and find it's far more enjoyable than World of Warcraft or any of these newer games running about.
  • omfgalreadyomfgalready Member Posts: 50
    I would really like to know it, because I would then like to give it a try since i have been looking for a fun 2D game to play because of my crappy comp...  u could really help me out alot if u just said it... i dont get what the big deal is... graphics arent everything... its gameplay and community

qwr

• LeojLeoj Member Posts: 98
    Well, I don' t think your crazy...I think your smarter than most people in fact.  You don't go for the rpg that looks the best, but the one that actually lets you have fun.  I personally think one of the better mmorpgs i have played was runescape...I'll probably get a lot of crap for that, but I'm not ashamed of what I enjoyed and you shouldn't be either.  MMO's are becoming more and more for a younger audience its seems to me...  Also I got tired of GW a hell of a long time ago, and WoW only kept my attention for about a summer. Although I'm one of those people that don't play for the casual side of an mmo, unfortuantely im greatly outnumbered, so the only kind of game that I would enjoy would be one like ToA, one which will probably never be relased :(

• NeuroXlNeuroXl Member Posts: 291

I used to play GW, and one day, out of curiousity, I downloaded a 2d mmorpg, 8 months later and I'm still stuck to that 2d mmo and still getting sleepless nights playing it, I even let 2-3 pc's run it now. When I tried GW again, I can't even stay to play it for 30 minutes. I even own uber equipments in GW and even got lots of shards and ectos. and in this 2d mmo, I'm a nobody. Now, whenever I browse mmorpg.com, I always look at the screenshots of a game first, and I now find the 2d games more interesting (I even downloaded a 2d game which is on the buttom of the gamelist rating). Is there still hope for me? 

its all about what you enjoy .. what makes you happy ...thats all .. dont read more into it ..

if 2d cutesy games r what you like .. then 2d cutesy games are what you should play

• omfgalreadyomfgalready Member Posts: 50

lol the game u found is GoonZu, I found this in the forum when I was checking it out.....

yeah... graphics might be an "ugh" for the usual mmo gamers but gameplay is the best... definitely one of the best free mmos out right now. try it and you wont be sorry

qwr

• SoraellionSoraellion Member UncommonPosts: 558

Games with more graphics than gameplay (GW is a prime example) leave nothing to the imagination, they're dull, uninspired and once consumed they stop being interesting and entertaining. Guild Wars is very limited, very much made for ADHD, short attention span kiddies (not saying all players are like that, it's just the target audience), it's certainly not an RPG and (imo) can't even be properly considered an MMO.

A game with less focuss on graphics but more on depth, RPG options, community and social interaction possibilities can be much more entertaining than the above, not for everyone but it will/might to the 'classic MMO player' (if such a thing exists).

Mind you; I'm not saying that more graphics=bad MMO, I'm stating that when the focuss lies on graphical candy and the MMORPG part is deemed less important it'll be a bad MMORPG. Some people don't mind and have fun playing it, others are annoyed and left wanting for more. Besides, as someone who started playing games on his Vectrex and C64, I don't see the reason for bashing 2D games, there's zillions of old games that gameplay wise will probably never be topped by modern stuff simply because the new stuff isn't ground breaking enough and has focus on the wrong aspects of gaming.

Gaming is an escape for the mind and the mind doesn't bother if it's 2D or 3D, it'll make up it's own reality anyway.