Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Everquest: New Expansion: Omens of War!

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

Sony has announced that they are developing a new expansion for EQ Live titled "Omens of War".  The estimated release date for this add-on is July 27, 2004 -and SOE is taking pre-orders at their "Station Store". This new expansion will give the player the following:

• Improved Graphics - New zones with detailed environments featuring enhanced graphical elements, including spell effects and creatures to fight.
  • Level Cap Increase - Develop your character beyond level 65
  • Epic Weapons 2.0 -  Specialized, hand-tailored Epic Weapons if you Complete one of any 16 high-level epic quests.
  • Guild Tribute System - Enhanced tribute system allows you to turn your loot into favor points for your whole guild to enjoy.
  • Low Level Task System -  Request quick and easy tasks to gain experience and collect cool loot.
  • Custom PC Titles - Exciting new Custom PC Titles for your characters.  Do a variety of adventures and get bestowed a title added to your character's name.
  • All-New Content - New disciplines, AA's, items, spells, quests and tradeskills continue to make EverQuest the most-compelling and persistent online world ever created.

They have launched a new site for expansion which you can find at this link.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Comments

• nsorensnsorens Member Posts: 7
    Did they ever even finish the last one? As far as I know, Berserkers still aren't done.
  • CervethCerveth Member Posts: 97

Does an EQ expansion really need a news topic? When have we had a fiscal quarter without a new EQ expansion? ::::02::

• hadokenhadoken Member Posts: 8
    Wow, hopefully this one will be done when it goes live. I remember a bunch of people talking about how most of the new continent can't even be accessed yet because SOE is still working on it.

• neschrianeschria Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

Holy Innoruuk In A Handbasket! Another expansion?! 

I can't take another expansion. I just can't.  NO! NO! NO! NO!

Erm.... Not to say that I have strong feelings about that or anything. image

~*~
    neschria
    Bludgeoner of Bunnies

This is where I draw the line: __________________.

• Clever_GloveClever_Glove Member Posts: 996

Somewhere at VI this conversation took place:

"I got bad news, EQ2 is running over budget again"

"humm, we'll lets release another EQ expansion pack, and we'll need to do before the end of the quarter before so we don't look bad to sony's share holders"

"You know it takes a year to make a expansion pack"

"Look, EQ is dying, let's just milk it for all we can, use the money and use the money to fund new projects"

-=-=-=-=-
    "We're a game that's focused on grouping and on solo play, you know, more group oriented, more solo play..."
    John Blakely Senior lead for EQ2. Link

Bartle: A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50% The Test. Learn what it means here.

-=-=-=-=-
    Achievers realise that killers as a concept are necessary in order to make achievement meaningful and worthwhile (there being no way to "lose" the game if any fool can "win" just by plodding slowly unchallenged). -bartle

Bartle: A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50% The Test. Learn what it means here.

• n2soonersn2sooners Member UncommonPosts: 926
    Yay, a higher level cap. And the max level content shrinks once again. It is a shame that EQ has far more content than any other MMORPG out there, yet when you reach the top, the group content is so restricted (and everyone reaches the top eventually if they want).

image image

• TheHiddenOneTheHiddenOne Member Posts: 66

Well, I'm pleased to see this at least. As someone who prefers to play lower level characters, I welcome the opportunity to try out more areas with those chars and do more quests and train some more skills image

One day, I might get a character into the 30s, but its not happened yet image

• BlackstarBlackstar Member Posts: 50
    As far as I know, and I am fairly certain, there will be no new low level areas in this expansion.

• TaskyZZTaskyZZ Member Posts: 1,476

Sony is just raping the EQ addicts...

Ridiculous...