Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good idea, Bad product.

When I saw that this game came out I was drooling to the point of a dry mouth, after downloading the client and paying for the game ($20), I was so amazed that an RTS was finally an MMO (i know there have been others, but i was hoping this one would top em off.)

The game is VERY repetitive, there are 4 maps in which you conduct missions and fighting monsters on... and on top of that the pvp is imbalanced, the Quests are sometimes near impossible to finish (depending on your race) and the entire point stressed by the dev team is to play 1 time a week and come back, play for maybe 3 hours, leave and repeat..

DON"T SPEND MONEY ON A GAME THAT WON"T LET YOU PLAY 24/7 WHEN YOUR BORED!

Comments

• PenguintowerPenguintower Member Posts: 6
    I guess its all about what you want. For me it works perfectly, not to hardcore just to keep up with everyone else. And just as a recommendation. Don't play any game 24/7 unless you're a gold farmer.
  • LoriklorikLoriklorik Member Posts: 5

This game lets you play 24/7 if thats what your after.... its very well done to fit in any playstyle.

Im guessing you havent really played it much. There is a lot of depth and things to do (and no "grind" as you find in other games).

Overall the game is very well planned out by the devs, it can only get better.

• godpuppetgodpuppet Member Posts: 1,416
    I think ill wait for a Trial. Not worth risking $20.

---

• McygeeMcygee Member Posts: 76
    Same here.

I want to try it but I don't spend money on any MMO without trying it first.  There are to many that have made themselves look good but really are not.

"Getting it is easy. Filling it with illegal substances and sending accross the border is not."
    -Ignignokt

---Playing---
    Asheron's Call

• EethereanEetherean Member Posts: 94
    you obviously havent played the game long enough.

there are alot more than 4 maps.

there are only about 5-6 maps in the beginning but as you progress and fight harder monsters more maps open up.

also the premise isnt to play for like 3 hours a day.

they have different races suited to different gameplay styles.

they have the nihilim race for people who are casual and can only put in a few hours a day and it focuses more on empire management.

the covenant are a mix between both and thats currently what im playing and ive been putting in about 6-8 hours a day playing them.

the the thul is for the active more hardcore players that can constantly put in alot of time.

the pvp is pretty balanced so far. all you got to do is know what your doing and its not that hard to do.
  • I didn't play long because of the fact that my turns were up within 4 hours... the pvp is as unbalanced as can possible (mass up with thul and own em up) and about the maps i was only guessing, but the fact it that its only 10-20..... thats fairly sad
  • EethereanEetherean Member Posts: 94
    how did you run out of actions in 4 hours??

my first day i played a 6-8 hr session and still had 80 turns left by the time i went to sleep.

and mind you i was focusing on exploration and development.

maybe you possibly didnt upgrade your explorers or any buildings for that matter but as being an active player myself im finding that if you strategize and do things the right way youll have plenty of turns left over.

the lowest point ive gotten in turns so far by the end of the day was 50 and even then i just went to sleep and woke up with 111 turns the next morning.

also yea pvp is a little unbalanced in that sense. thul are meant for fighting and obviously end up doing more damage in pvp.  but that imbalance issue the devs are currently working on and have stated that it is one of their focuses right now.
  • knockknockknockknock Member Posts: 7
    This game is about depth and strategy. About the actions... the devs offer lots of ways to spend less actions, the entire game is about learning to make the most out of everything and I think the devs are very good at providing ways to achieve your goals.

But at the same time I can't say you are wrong... I do however think it is more or less how they want the game.. you can get fu**ed but there is almost certainly a way out of it.