Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

class balance im all for it, faction balance HELL NO!

VallenRoVallenRo Member Posts: 27

I miss when alliance had the upper hand in PVP groups such as take AV for example we all knew allys had a major benefit with pally buffs etc it was like horde was against the wall. but defeating the overpowered allys in AV like i remember one of my favorite moments in mmorpg history was the battle in AV at the mountain us horde had to claim it or we lost we all got together worked together and it was quiet a battle but we overtook the hill and there was no joyous moment then defeating the allys in AV.

Now its like we have pallys they have pallys we have shamans they have shamans, i liked playing the underdog, the faction that had its back against the wall, and with the release of blizzards latest xpac this is the only flaw i see in it.

Comments

• AntipathyAntipathy Member UncommonPosts: 1,362
    Yeah - coz the horde was stuck with shamen who are so weak in PvP. lol.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by Antipathy

Yeah - coz the horde was stuck with shamen who are so weak in PvP. lol.

Agreed, never heard anyone say Alliance was superior in Pvp due to the influence of their Pallys.... Pve yes...Pvp..naw just not seeing that tie in.

However I agree...giving each side the other's signature class wasn't a great move...IMO..... but then again...I'm not in charge over at Blizz....

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• brokenneedlebrokenneedle Member Posts: 100
    Yeah I think he's being sarcastic (about the pally part at least, I hope.)  I remember when I got a friend into the game I told him to roll a pally cuz of the free mount and he lvled it close to 60 but the whole time he whined about how weak they were.  Maybe theyre better now - it's been awhile.  But now it IS kind of a bummer than we have shammys on alliance and pallys on horde.  I've been mostly Horde the latter part of my wow career and I never knew how annoying it was to be on the end of a frost shock and totems etc.  Hopefully the come out with some unique classes again in a future release.

imageimage

• CrysalisCrysalis Member Posts: 43
    I hated playing the underdog...it felt like it was a waist of time to me after 4 hours of pvp'ing. But as for balancing I think only time and exploits will tell just how balanced things will be. I remember so many exploits being used in my pvp days and I'm sure there will be more used, what really grinds my gears was the fact that Blizzard never did much in this balancing and exploit department. I just more recently got back into WoW so I guess I'll see in a couple of lvls how things have changed...

Exploits are still there. E.g. it's still possible to climb on top of bases in WSG into positions where you are virtually invulnerable to attack. The problems been known for at least six months and yet Blizzard still hasn't fixed it.
  • jerrybluejerryblue Member UncommonPosts: 39

Its not about palys. I playd only alliance and i won over 95% from bgs (i rember some of the game that i lost coz funny things hapnd there). I got a play also. After playng more then half year with paly i quitd coz 98-99% from paly players wana some change and after that paly was turned to best wow medic. In any bg if u have a couple of frends who trust u and u trust them is game over for the other faction. Its like having a little premade group that use map evry 3-4 seconds and know the logistic of evry piece of land. Dont try to be the leader with a random group, very rare that somone to listen you. If u have play a character like mage-druid-rogue and u know your target in a bg play as 1 vs 10 in warsong, play anoyng and distract other faction and kping busy in AB and AV. If you sense anyone smart around you make a little team and go for it. Harder is to win, more plesure you get.

Good luck!

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316
    Alliance winning AV was not because of the pallies, but a simple terrain advantage. 
  • GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486
    Originally posted by Aguitha

Alliance winning AV was not because of the pallies, but a simple terrain advantage. 
    Not really true. If u check the terrain logically it looks like the horde has a shorter way to pass. The horde can also avoid some of the unnecessary things and still perform nicely. I've seen people saying that horde got advantage, and I've seen people saying alliance got advantage. In the end the advantage is too small to really be root of why one side wins. One side win because they can really cooperate and actually got some1 healing the MT, not because they got advantage in terrain. That's the truth.

• NadrilNadril Member Posts: 1,276
    Originally posted by brokenneedle

Yeah I think he's being sarcastic (about the pally part at least, I hope.)  I remember when I got a friend into the game I told him to roll a pally cuz of the free mount and he lvled it close to 60 but the whole time he whined about how weak they were.  Maybe theyre better now - it's been awhile.  But now it IS kind of a bummer than we have shammys on alliance and pallys on horde.  I've been mostly Horde the latter part of my wow career and I never knew how annoying it was to be on the end of a frost shock and totems etc.  Hopefully the come out with some unique classes again in a future release.
    Nah paladins are the single best support class there is in PvP and they can really hold their own as well.
  • nimativitlumnimativitlum Member Posts: 48
    the best support ever..hail for the paladins...i have watched a video that a paladin own two warriors..can't wait to boost my paladins level..
  • b0rderline99b0rderline99 Member Posts: 1,441
    on  my old horde server (akama) it was EXTREMEMLY rare for the alliance to win at anything....
  • laffncrylaffncry Member Posts: 92
    well in my view, i guess the dev team should have just sticked with class balance. but anyway, as i was saying, winning or losing is not because of the hordes have this or allies have this and that..i think it's how you play. -"2004 LA Lakers have 4 superstars, lost to a not so good players(compared to them) but  played as one!"- get the point??
  • NierroNierro Member UncommonPosts: 1,755
    Alliance only win if they have twinks, and AV because they have an advantage. You can't deny this if you've ever played a horde to 70.

Originally posted by Nierro

Alliance only win if they have twinks, and AV because they have an advantage. You can't deny this if you've ever played a horde to 70.
    Actually I think it varies alot by battlegroup. In my battlegroup (Misery), alliance wins quite a lot at 70. Here is a post copied from the official boards. It was made by a level 70 horde player:

Clearly the horde on battlegroup misery would actually have to be in possession of higher brain functions in order to grasp the concept of winning and then structuring the correct tactics and playstyles around this. Unfortunately, there is an untold vastness of unlimited stupidity from which most of the horde in misery seem to draw their intelligence and as such they would have to suspend basic functions such as breathing and blinking in order to free up the braincapacity needed to actually win a freaking game. Where ordinary human beings use three digits to describe their IQ, these horde people actually can count the amount of neurons in their thick skulls on said amount.

How these bags of flesh, disguised by their avatars as real and valid human beings even manage to remember their login password remains as yet a mystery and several university studies are already underway to explain this strange phenomenon.

No, in order for the horde to win, I suppose we would require a very large supply of brainsurgeons and willing donors. Thankfully, the average frogsbrain would be a step up, so supply will be plenty. Considering that the alliance has all the intelligence of a dimwitted badger the matchup might even end up being somewhat equal and perhaps even enjoyable.

But for now we will have to endure the monotony and inescapable fatality of the stupid, stupid, god I want to !@*%ing shoot myself stupid horde and pray that the alliance knows pity and will let us win one every once in a while.

Yeah seriously horde, you suck. You suck so hard you could raise the titanic from the bottom of the ocean. Monkeys pressing random buttons would outperform most of you guys. Be ashamed, go practice, learn how to read and count past ten and then, only THEN join a freaking battleground okay?

• ferofaxferofax Member Posts: 82
    Nah paladins are the single best support class there is in PvP and they can really hold their own as well.

...if that's youre only argument then i'd say druids would give paladins a run for their money...

---------------------------------
    be a sweetheart, help me dominate the world...

• HubabubaHubabuba Member Posts: 229
    Originally posted by Godliest

Not really true. If u check the terrain logically it looks like the horde has a shorter way to pass. The horde can also avoid some of the unnecessary things and still perform nicely. I've seen people saying that horde got advantage, and I've seen people saying alliance got advantage. In the end the advantage is too small to really be root of why one side wins. One side win because they can really cooperate and actually got some1 healing the MT, not because they got advantage in terrain. That's the truth.

Horde entering alliance base:  Torn to shreds because they have to run across a bridge, fight on the bridge, and remain exposed to both towers while doing so.  Note:  this is the only way into the alliance base.

Alliance entering horde base:  hide undeer towers avoiding archers for the most part.  Note:  you can sneak around the towers so the horde has to defend multiple entry points.

Honestly, if you alliance guys are so dense that you don't realize the obvious advantage Bliz gave you guys in AV then you really need to roll a horde and try it.

• ferofaxferofax Member Posts: 82
    Originally posted by Hubabuba

Originally posted by Godliest

Horde entering alliance base:  Torn to shreds because they have to run across a bridge, fight on the bridge, and remain exposed to both towers while doing so.  Note:  this is the only way into the alliance base.

Alliance entering horde base:  hide undeer towers avoiding archers for the most part.  Note:  you can sneak around the towers so the horde has to defend multiple entry points.

Honestly, if you alliance guys are so dense that you don't realize the obvious advantage Bliz gave you guys in AV then you really need to roll a horde and try it.

...true, alliance base have only one entry, and its a chokepoint to boot! if a couple of paladins decided to block that bridge, i dunno if hordes can get through...

---------------------------------
    be a sweetheart, help me dominate the world...

• randprinrandprin Member UncommonPosts: 61

actaully alliance would win because 1-4 of the following conditions would be met 99% of the time:

1. alliance would have a defensive team of ~10 players sitting between SH and SP graveyards, slowing and stopping the horde advance.

2. horde would have 5-15 players afk in thetunnel, just sitting and waiting for the token.

3. horde would keep 0 players on defense, and so the race would be on and alliance would eventually win because of the lone player or 2 going to slow horde.

4.all the horde would spend 15min fighting for the useless SH bunker, while alliance killed galv and were well on IB graveyard.

if conditions 1-4 didn't occur, alliance would actually be stomped quite easly by competent horde groups (as horde shamans, priests and druids actually threw heals around every once in a while, while i've yet to find the alliance paladin who will heal his targets in pvp rather then whip out his BIG hammer and lolhit people (my priest included, i play whack-a-mole all day long in pve, when i'm pvping i want to MELT FACES! )

MMORPG addict since 1995.