Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I have a question about WoW!

Hello, I have only been playing WoW for a couple of days and I would like your opinion on something! In your opinion which is better, Alliance or Horde?

Please post your reasons why!

Comments

• AndoraeAndorae Member Posts: 103
    i say horde, because they are the horde, coolest races, best racial's for pvp etc etc.
  • laffncrylaffncry Member Posts: 92
    i'll go for alliance...they look cool...alliance rulezzz!!!
  • ferofaxferofax Member Posts: 82
    ...it all depends really on playstyle suits you. Alliance Humans  and Horde Taurenwould make really solid Warriors for melee style gameplay, while Alliance Gnomes and Horde Trolls would make good Mages and Hunters if you prefer ranged attacks or spellcasting. My personal preference though would be the Horde.

---------------------------------
    be a sweetheart, help me dominate the world...

• kaskuskaskus Member Posts: 105
    just look at the population of the races in game?horde are much more than alliance..because hordes takes advantage when it comes in killings and also in pvp..btw, just choose want playing race that suits your playing style..but i'll go for horde
  • GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486
    Horde side is usually a bit more mature as the younger players want to play "the good side". The most of best PvPers are horde and horde usually perform better in BGs. Horde got better racials. My vote is for horde, they are simply better.

• NierroNierro Member UncommonPosts: 1,755
    Horde; for less noobs/ 9 year olds and we do better in PvP.

• AethiosAethios Member Posts: 1,527

Originally posted by Godliest
    Horde side is usually a bit more mature as the younger players want to play "the good side". The most of best PvPers are horde and horde usually perform better in BGs. Horde got better racials. My vote is for horde, they are simply better.

I would have said so too, 2 months ago. With the recent influx of complete morons playing the new Blood Elves, I can't stand playing my Undead Rogue anymore and have since switched to a Draenei character.

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938
    I completely disagree with the younger people wanting to play the "good side." The majority of children want to be the bad guy and go around killing things and being "evil!" Just look at the little children of this day and age
  • RuthgarRuthgar Member Posts: 730
    I played Alliance at release (NE Druid level 60), and after I switched to Horde I never looked back.

I say Horde, but if you are torn, play both to 20 and see which one fits you better.
    Originally posted by VIOL@TION

I completely disagree with the younger people wanting to play the "good side." The majority of children want to be the bad guy and go around killing things and being "evil!" Just look at the little children of this day and age
    LOL...i agree man..younger players go for hordes for that killer look..but i heard from others that some choose alliance for the good side because they are just wussies IRL..but it's their opinion so i'm just fine with it!
    horde definitely looks cool for many people because of the "killer look" or "bad imaged character" many people wanted to be a villain, that fears no one...any way alliance looks cool to but their face looks like a shy sheep hiding in a cold dark corner...as for my opinion horde will be nice to start with but if you wanted to experience the both good and bad sides..you can even start it both....and look what fits you better..
  • PunisherXPunisherX Member Posts: 231
    What is your favorite Race from either Horde or Alliance? Please post why you chose that certain race!!
  • NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

Personally I prefer playing on the horde side, but there's one major disadvantage about it:

It seems there are roughly 2,5 times more players on the ally side, making it easier to get a group.

I've been playing both Ally and Horde, (on EU servers Aerie Peak and Anachronos), and it's the same on both. I don't actually know how many people plays on each side, but when I scan the AHs, this is the appx results:

4 - 5,000 acutions on Horde side, and 10 - 11,000 on Ally side.

About noobs/children:

In my experience it's just as bad on both sides. This game would have been the best ever if it got an age requirement of at least 16 years, maybe higher. But really, there's no bulletproof way for Blizzard to check this...

• LordKarlLordKarl Member UncommonPosts: 14

Dwarf FTW!! They are the best hunters and i like hunter =P . 

No really I'd say that it depends on the Class you wanna play.

exemple : Hunter :

Dwarves have a +5 gun skill and stoneform to get rid of poisons in pvp

Night elves have more dodge and have shadowmelt. 

Taurens have a HP bonus

Orcs have less chance to get stunned and have + pet dmg

Trolls have their berserk to deal more dmg! 

Yours to choose the racial that fits your class the best + the way you want to play it

So Choose your class and find the advantages of each races about that class you choosen!

Durïn

Dwarf hunter -Stormrage server-

• SonofSethSonofSeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,884
    I picked Horde, because they were the underdog when I was picking. I picked undead because they remind me of vampires. I picked rogue, because it seemed most fun, and still is...

Originally posted by PunisherX

What is your favorite Race from either Horde or Alliance? Please post why you chose that certain race!!
    well it really depends n how do you want to play. but i'll stick with humans though!
  • TaniquetilTaniquetil Member Posts: 214

I'd say Horde , even though my 2 main toons are alliance.Horde is just cooler somehow ,you can be bad and its fun.Plus they have better races - Undead and Bloodelves

Horde always seem to win in Battlegrounds as well (At least on my server anyhow )

if i created a warrior i'll go for tauren much more nice if it is a protection type of  warrior...the harder the better...it depends on what class and race you will make...make a wiser choice, do their racial attribute as their advantage and it will help a lot no doubt about it
  • meat_bag0meat_bag0 Member Posts: 94
    UNDEAD....thats why i pick horde...undead is the absolute coolest race ever...i dont care what anyone says...the only downside to undead is the women arent really that good looking...come to think of it...tauren women arent to great either....

*??)XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX(??*
    ?.•??.•*??)?.•*?*•.?(??*•.??•.?
    (?.•? (?.• MEAT_BAG0 •.?) ?•.?)
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

• NatoBNatoB Member Posts: 114
    Horde is my choice, from my exp, the horde have a bit (note a bit) higher level of maturity and more experienced players (well atleast from the two servers i play on) Got horde Char on Twilight Hammer and Alliance on Darkmoon Faire, and so far i enjoy playing with my horde char the most. Only prob with horde is groupin due to lower Pop level.

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Final Fantasy

I found it hard
    It's hard to find
    Oh Well
    Whatever
    Nevermind

• NierroNierro Member UncommonPosts: 1,755
    Originally posted by Taniquetil

I'd say Horde , even though my 2 main toons are alliance.Horde is just cooler somehow ,you can be bad and its fun.Plus they have better races - Undead and Bloodelves
    Horde always seem to win in Battlegrounds as well (At least on my server anyhow )
    Hehe, BGs are clustered now so all around, the Horde just win.

Favorite race = orc, they look really badass and have the best hunter and warlock racials in the game.

Originally posted by NatoB

Horde is my choice, from my exp, the horde have a bit (note a bit) higher level of maturity and more experienced players (well atleast from the two servers i play on) Got horde Char on Twilight Hammer and Alliance on Darkmoon Faire, and so far i enjoy playing with my horde char the most. Only prob with horde is groupin due to lower Pop level.
    What's with the maturity thing?? it really doesn't matter what age you are playing with. some people who are more experienced in the game act like they are kids, and some newbie plays like they are already playing the game for along time ago. it would be you who would dictate how you play the game and not others.
  • ldarksideldarkside Member Posts: 30

I don't think it matters much on which side you chose, its all on personal taste. Do you want to be more of a "civilized, pretty looking" race with castles and stone walls or do you feel more like playing as a "bloodthirsty, ass-kicking monstrous" race how have a more barbaric or nomadic flair to their towns? For races I would first choose a class then I would look at the races and see which racial abilities complement it more. Of course you can always have fun and see whats it like to choose a race whos racial perks do not benefit your class what -so-ever just to be unique, I mean there is nothing more funny then seeing a gnome warrior tank a 60ft Molten Gaint.

As for me I went Alliance because they were the only Faction at the time that had paladins and I went human because of the racial bonuses and the fact that I didn't feel like being a midget with monkey arms and a scottish accent

• LiveZero711LiveZero711 Member Posts: 17
    As to be Horde only because of the Blood Elfs and the Undead. Some of the starting areas for Horde are more fun to.

in my case, i play alliance coz i like Nelfs. it's not that i choose alliance coz of the maturity issue. i would have chosen horde if there were Belfs at that time.