Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Matrix Online: Beta Signups Begin!

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

Warner Brothers has announced that they will now being accepting applications for beta testing of their highly anticipated MMORPG "The Matrix Online" based on the popular cinematic trilogy.  Here is the official press release:

Burbank, Calif. - May 3, 2004 - Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
(WBIE) today re-launched the web site for The Matrix Online, calling for beta signups.  Developed by Monolith productions, The Matrix Online is a persistent world online PC game that is based on the continuation of the storyline of The Matrix movie trilogy.

Gamers can signup for the beta test of the massively multiplayer online title by registering on www.thematrixonline.com.  Players selected to participate in the beta will be the first ones to experience what it is like to exist in the Matrix.  They will assist the developers in testing server loads and gameplay features in addition to being able to provide overall feedback directly to the developers.

The redesigned web site features news, artwork and information about The Matrix Online.  Also, community members of www.thematrixonline.com will have a brand new message board system where they can post questions to the developers and talk about the Matrix.

Because MMORPG.COM is all about making your gaming life as easy as possible, you can click here to jump right to the beta form ;-)

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Comments

• darkmandarkman Member UncommonPosts: 767

Lovely, just signed up :). Hope I get in, it seems like a good idea, would like to see how it turns out.
    New PR rep for the North American Version of RYL
    www.planetwidegames.com

• Clever_GloveClever_Glove Member Posts: 996

WoW this is surprising, I didn't think they where this far along.

I'll be interested in hearing the results...

-=-=-=-=-
    "We're a game that's focused on grouping and on solo play, you know, more group oriented, more solo play..."
    John Blakely Senior lead for EQ2. Link

Bartle: A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50% The Test. Learn what it means here.

-=-=-=-=-
    Achievers realise that killers as a concept are necessary in order to make achievement meaningful and worthwhile (there being no way to "lose" the game if any fool can "win" just by plodding slowly unchallenged). -bartle

Bartle: A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50% The Test. Learn what it means here.

• OminisOminis Member Posts: 1,015

Same with me. I thought it was going to die out or something with it up in the air trying to decide to continue on with it. Wondering what people are going to say about it: a good MMORPG or another Enter the Matrix.

"No one can draw a clear line between sane and insane. You move that line as you see fit for yourself. No one else can. You'll understand soon... that the one that's insane is this world." - Vincent

Currently:
    Playing: WOW & GW

• AdrealAdreal Member Posts: 2,087
    Well, thanks for the headsup. I just signed up and it seems they're going to give out a cd? That's what I'm guessing since the address was a required field.

"Put your foot where your mouth is." - Wisdom from my grandfather
    "Paper or plastic? ... because I'm afraid I'll have to suffocate you unless you put this bag on your head..." - Ethnitrek
    AC1: Wierding from Harvestgain

• VITAMADNESSVITAMADNESS Member Posts: 132

Supposedly there is a movie on the the 3rd Matrix movie DVD that really shows this game off.

Anyone know if it is posted on the Matrix site....I looked around and didn't find any movies for the game.

Beta'd: Neocron, Planetside, ShadowBane, Horizons, City of Heros, Saga of Ryzom, Lineage II, WoW Stress Test

Played: EQ, Shadowbane, DAoC, SWG, Anarchy Online, Asherson's Call 2. Earth and Beyond, City of Heros, EQ

Playing: WAITING FOR WOW and EQ 2

• RegusRegus Member Posts: 489

I didn't signed up because you have to live in the US or Canada to be able to apply. So i will now move to US and or Canada image

nah i will stay here and hope they will do a sort of european or that i get in in in more open beta-stages because you can't smoke weed in US or Canada

One day all will die, surely you but never I.

"One day all will die, surely you but never I." Wheel of Time

• SkeltemSkeltem Member Posts: 68

I dont want to be a spoilsport but some years ago the news of a matrix MMORPG would have thrilled me like no other thing.
    Now - nothing. Reloaded and Revolutions really made me lose interest in the franchise. Plus the desaster that was EtM, plus the game movie on the Revolutions DVD looked really really bad. It was, like, 3 Scenes from the game repeated over and over again for about 10 minutes from different angles. The graphics seemed like DAoC and what you could see from the gameplay in this 3 scenes looked terribly boring.
    Just my 2 (euro)cents.

Skeltem

• MrSatoMrSato Member Posts: 2

I signed up, but when does the beta start?  Has it started already?

• TymoraTymora Member UncommonPosts: 1,295

I applied for the beta, it was relatively simple and I had no troubles (unlike the troubles I am STILL having trying to sign up for EQ2 beta).

At first I was skeptical about MxO, but I now I am really looking forward to it.  I hope I get picked to test!

I just watched the short video about MxO on the 2nd disc in Revolutions DVD.  It looks so cool, and it was funny because that very same day I mentioned to my friends that this idea of The Matrix Online fits so perfectly with massively multiplayer online gaming because we, essentially, plug ourselves into the game and become the "digital image" of ourselves while playing.  It's cool.  See you there soon

• clk23clk23 Member Posts: 8

Although I went ahead and signed up for the beta, I find it slightly disconcerting that I've been on their mailing list for a while, have received maybe 2 matrixonline newsletters, and have yet to receive any notification that they were accepting beta applications. 

• MrSatoMrSato Member Posts: 2

In my opinion, they should have a performance test, or make you submit your DxDiag, to weed out people with shitty systems, and in turn make room for the people who are actually qualified to beta test the damned game.

• PatricaPatrica Member Posts: 2

Well all you guys in the US, I guess we will have to wait to hear what you think of it, until we get access in Europe.

Let's hope they have made a good job of it.

• ViridiaViridia Member Posts: 142
    Grrrrr America and Canada only Beta.........  can't you warn us poor europeans in the first post instead of having go to the site all excited just to find out we can't take part?image