Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So is this game 2008 now?

2»

Comments

• McGrath2004McGrath2004 Member Posts: 38
    Originally posted by logangregor

Originally posted by AmazingAvery

Who gives a monkeys to how polished it is compared to WAR? Not me!

Best thing that could of happened if they were confident the game was up to scratch was to put the release date back till the autumn. Not to mention its Conan's 75th Anniversay year, ride the crest of the wave I say as much as possible. Plus don't put it back any further, some Conan console game is coming out early '08 dont want any confusion there either! Polish, Polish as much as you can and deliver to us the game we already know will be King of all competition. WAR looks cool but come on, Conan is dark, gritty, atmospheric, great looking class structure, combat system and guild owned towns with unique siege battles. Warhammer wont slam nada, more like a little touch, AoC is good enough to stand the competition, but only time will tell, and i bet the faith with be justified.

I care how polished AOC is compared to WAR because one of your fanbois posters tried to say AOC is more polished than games released. I see one SHITTY video and not much else other than a whole lot OF TALK about how great your game is going to be but you guys have the nerve to keep pumpin it?

Please keep telling me how great your game is when at this point in time, for me its maybe ONE NOTCH ABOVE DARKFALL but yet you AOC fans keep defending it to the death. Wait I take that back, Ive seen more darkfall videos than I have AOC vids.

Daily I see new videos about my game of choice. I see actual employees explaining how there making music for the game, how there promoting the game, how they have come to an artistic decision and the list goes on and on and on.

WARHAMMER shows everything and Im hyped and Im looking forward to it.

I see very little from AOC other than one terrible gameplay vid and some very polished screen shots.

Too bad talk dont make video games, cause as much as you guys YAP how great your game is, WoW would of taken a back seat to AOC by now.

Good, so Warhammer shows everything that you are HYPED about. Go to the Warhammer board then, I am on the AoC board because I feel HYPED about AoC . I've seen the Warhammer vids and its not to shabby, I'd probably give it a try when it comes out because whatever game is fun, I'd play it.  However, at the moment, what is wrong with fans pumping up AoC? You are doing the exact same thing on the AoC board, pumping up Warhammer and finding every way to put down AoC.  I've seen a bunch of AoC Dev's diaries along with their gameplay vids to keep me hyped (via youtube). You keep yammering about 1 "shitty" video but I see 3 in the MMORPG.COM .
  • McGrath2004McGrath2004 Member Posts: 38
    Originally posted by checkthis500

Best thing that could of happened if they were confident the game was up to scratch was to put the release date back till the autumn. Not to mention its Conan's 75th Anniversay year, ride the crest of the wave I say as much as possible. Plus don't put it back any further, some Conan console game is coming out early '08 dont want any confusion there either! Polish, Polish as much as you can and deliver to us the game we already know will be King of all competition. WAR looks cool but come on, Conan is dark, gritty, atmospheric, great looking class structure, combat system and guild owned towns with unique siege battles. Warhammer wont slam nada, more like a little touch, AoC is good enough to stand the competition, but only time will tell, and i bet the faith with be justified.

I care how polished AOC is compared to WAR because one of your fanbois posters tried to say AOC is more polished than games released. I see one SHITTY video and not much else other than a whole lot OF TALK about how great your game is going to be but you guys have the nerve to keep pumpin it?

Please keep telling me how great your game is when at this point in time, for me its maybe ONE NOTCH ABOVE DARKFALL but yet you AOC fans keep defending it to the death. Wait I take that back, Ive seen more darkfall videos than I have AOC vids.

Daily I see new videos about my game of choice. I see actual employees explaining how there making music for the game, how there promoting the game, how they have come to an artistic decision and the list goes on and on and on.

I see very little from AOC other than one terrible gameplay vid and some very polished screen shots.

Too bad talk dont make video games, cause as much as you guys YAP how great your game is, WoW would of taken a back seat to AOC by now.

While a little heated, logangregor does have some valid points.  We're just now learning about AoC's classes in detail, and they aren't showing a single grain of concept art of screenshots, where WAR shows concept art/screenshots/in-game videos of their classes when they release them. 

I think it's just different development styles, but I think it's about time the developers are more open about what they're doing, how they're doing it, and how far along they are.

I know exactly how I'm going to look as 12 different classes in WAR.  In AoC I haven't seen any class-specific screenshots, and only a handful of concept art pictures.

The comparison between the development styles is ultimately going to hurt Funcom, since people have already started saying "Why aren't we seeing PvP videos?  EA Mythic has already shown at least 7 PvP videos and they've been in development of WAR a year less than AoC"

I still find it insanely hard to believe that AoC is in beta, and there hasn't been a single PvP video.  Here's hoping that they'll stop showing freaking pythons, camels, hyenas, and other animals and start showing some PvP videos.

Yep, I wouldn't mind seeing a few PvP movies from AoC myself. However, I feel it'll coming rolling around in May .
  • VongoVongo Member Posts: 11
    Pff a man uses his masterfully built pc instead of some xbox 360 made to enlargen Bill Gate's fat pocket's. I do hope this game is cross platform so I can kill the console users, oh and to be relevant to the conversation, I heard sometime Spring. Just to note because I have Windows does not mean Bill Gates got some money from it.
  • AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188
    Originally posted by checkthis500

While a little heated, logangregor does have some valid points.  We're just now learning about AoC's classes in detail, and they aren't showing a single grain of concept art of screenshots, where WAR shows concept art/screenshots/in-game videos of their classes when they release them. 

I think it's just different development styles, but I think it's about time the developers are more open about what they're doing, how they're doing it, and how far along they are.

I know exactly how I'm going to look as 12 different classes in WAR.  In AoC I haven't seen any class-specific screenshots, and only a handful of concept art pictures.

The comparison between the development styles is ultimately going to hurt Funcom, since people have already started saying "Why aren't we seeing PvP videos?  EA Mythic has already shown at least 7 PvP videos and they've been in development of WAR a year less than AoC"

I still find it insanely hard to believe that AoC is in beta, and there hasn't been a single PvP video.  Here's hoping that they'll stop showing freaking pythons, camels, hyenas, and other animals and start showing some PvP videos.

I would just like to say Logangregor we have the nerve and the right to be pumped up about this game. When you see video/media/screenies and dev talks you get pumped about a game your interested in right. Like you do with WAR.  You probably dont see much apart from talk on AoC because its obvious you dont have much interest in it, so I can understand, but the info is there if you look for it.

The reason why i said i dont care how polished AoC is or isn't right now is because it has another 8 months to go for release.

At the end of the day it isnt about the amount of videos released you watch, its about the content overall, what exactly you find appealing when looking at them and trying to weigh up how the gameplays etc etc. If you want to see a guy talking alot and looking like he is casting spells then watch this WAR vid -

"Too bad talk dont make video games, cause as much as you guys YAP how great your game is, WoW would of taken a back seat to AOC by now." ~ Logangregor

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4893306082091307277&q=warhammer&hl=en 

His mannerisms are funny and his enthusiastic approach is great, like I've said before there's content out there for AoC too all you have to do is look for it.

Reasons to be Hyped up about AoC:

Decapation!

Video and Media List originally complied by Skafloc and Catacomb and Originally posted on the Official AoC forums:

--- Official Video ---

Conall's Valley - November 2006(19Mb)

Official Nvidia November 2006 (45Mb)

Official E3 May 2006 Video (120Mb)

Official November 2005 Video (30Mb)

Official E3 May 2005 Video (22Mb)

--- Other ---

Trailer:Kemi (1:11 Min)23 Feb 2007 <-- Update

25 sec Fly on Field of The Dead (?MB)

Age of Conan - Hyborian Adventures DirectX 10 Trailer (45.51MB)

Level Fly-By - 17 Jan 2007 (84.3 MB)

Gamespot Video HD - December 2006 (158Mb)

Interview Gouge - December 2006 (25Mb)

Video Tortage - December 2006 (43Mb)

Beta Footage - November 2006 (?Mb)

Video Norwegian July 2006 (?Mb)

Video Gamespy April 2006 (?Mb)

Tortage Tempio - Alpha November 2005 (50Mb)

Tortage Jungle - Alpha November 2005 (78Mb)

Pre-Alpha May 2005 (9Mb)

--- Video C.E.S. (Consumer Electronics Association) 2007 ---

CES 07 Graphics and Gameplay Interview (38,8MB)

Exclusive CES Age of Conan Trailer Dx9 - 8 jan 2007 (79Mb)

Exclusive CES Age of Conan Trailer Dx10 - 9 jan 2007 (50.9Mb)

Ces 07 DirectX 10 Wilderness Rampage Gameplay trailer HD (51.8MB)

--- Video Convention ---

VIDEO MICROSOFT X06 EVENT

Vidéo Exclusive #1 - X06 - Jungla(?Mb)

Vidéo Exclusive #2 - X06 - Stygia (?Mb)

Vidéo Exclusive #3 - X06 - Tempio(?Mb)

Vidéo Exclusive #4 - X06 - Jungla 2(?Mb)

Vidéo Exclusive #5 - X06 - Galoppo(?Mb)

Video Dragoncon [September 2006]

Video "by Mitra" (18Mb)

1° Battle Scenes (25Mb)

2° Caracter Creation (13Mb)

3° City building and defence (25Mb)

Video GC [August 2006]

Interview mit C.Morrison-1 [GC 2006] (85.7)

Interview mit C.Morrison-2 [GC 2006] (76.4)

Interview mit C.Morrison-3 [GC 2006] (87.3)

Interview Part I with Jorgen Tharaldsen, Lengh 9:17 (?Mb)

Interview Part II with Jorgen Tharaldsen, Lengh 5:30 (?Mb)

Interview Part III with Jorgen Tharaldsen, Lengh 6:01 (?Mb)

Gameplay Video Part I, Lengh 2:57 (?Mb)

Gameplay Video Part II, Lengh 0:35 (?Mb)

Gameplay Video Part III, Lengh 1:07 (?Mb)

MMOG-Welten, Lengh 1:46 (66Mb)

Video E3 [2006]

1° parte Video closed, Version HD [NGI E3 2006] (Mb 295)

2° parte Video closed, Version HD [NGI E3 2006] (Mb 300)

Video closed [NGI E3 2006] (Mb 286)

Interview a Gaute E3 2006 (Mb ?)

Short Video 1 [MMOG Onlinewelten E3 2006] (11Mb)

Short Video 2 [MMOG Onlinewelten E3 2006] (11Mb)

Short Video 3 [MMOG Onlinewelten E3 2006] (11Mb)

Short Video 4 [MMOG Onlinewelten E3 2006] (5Mb)

GT Interview (E3 2006) (?Mb)

Age of Conan and Warhammer discussion on offical AoC forums (interesting read, obviously non AoC fans might find parts biased - but we can all read between the lines, right.)

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=18974

My Favourite video (older one):  http://www.dinside.no/km_fil/8/2177408.wmv  - Shows character customisation, and some trebuchet action.

Polls:

Voodoo Extreme site Gaming poll - AoC Vs Warhammer - http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/768/768213p1.html 

At the end of the day more pvp orientated videos/media will come for both games, but ultimately there release is still over half a year away. I'm patient I can wait, I know more will come, you WAR fans shouldn't be so quick to judge or ill come over and wipe the paint off your little figures. 

• KimonoKimono Member Posts: 19
    Nice list of videos Avery Thanks. That warhammer guy sure talks the talk. I like what he said about looking at the game as a hobby. Some mmos feel more like a second job. Ill have to put warhammer on my radar too. And of course Conan looks awesome there were several vids i hadnt seen before.
  • AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188
    Originally posted by Kimono

Nice list of videos Avery Thanks. That warhammer guy sure talks the talk. I like what he said about looking at the game as a hobby. Some mmos feel more like a second job. Ill have to put warhammer on my radar too. And of course Conan looks awesome there were several vids i hadnt seen before.

No problem Kimono =) it was a list put up by some guys on the offical AoC forums not my doing, just a re-post here to show the info is out there. A guild friend said of the WAR vid guy "That guy's the liaison from GW to help with the development of WAR. He's a tad....bonkers, but he's bloody brilliant if you hear just how enthusiastic he is"  - and I agree. Point was trying to make is that people "do" get hyped up/ animated etc  about forth coming games and thats great, I don't think you should dis someone just because you don't like the game in question or its not to your particular taste. Yes Warhammer does look good, but personally I think it's looking a bit too familiar to other games out now, for my own taste. Saying that graphics dont make a game, gameplay does, and in my opinion Age of Conan is has all the ingredients in what i'm looking for in a future game to play. Not to mention we've yet to see all class previews fully, crafting and PvP concepts fully explored near finalisation on screen. The fact that this isn't in our faces as much as other games in development is not cause for concern for me - im not from the "give it to me now, i want it now" generation. I think Funcom are just teasing us and will be selling "Conan soft drinks" in a marketing ploy designed from all the salivating caused.

• rikiliirikilii Member UncommonPosts: 1,084

WAR is yet another elf/dwarf game. 

Yawn.

Conan is not.

Nuff said.