Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The sad sad truth...

MooslogyMooslogy Member Posts: 19
Runescape sucks... It has bout .01 percent of the market. While other games have, well... much more, hell, WoW has 50% percent. That is an impressive number for one game.

Comments

• sparky7483sparky7483 Member Posts: 159
    You are a hypocrite. You call everyone a fag, yet the best you can come up with against RS is one argument worth two lines. Now how does that work?

EDIT: And if you're going to start acting like MikeM8 did, get the hell out of here.

Life is full of choices--dont make RS one of em
    ----------
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

• LukainLukain Member UncommonPosts: 591

So they lost 90% of there players in the last 7 Months  ?  http://www.mmogchart.com/Chart7.html

• Mr.Man_7Mr.Man_7 Member Posts: 224
    Originally posted by sparky7483

You are a hypocrite. You call Zelphien a fag, yet the best you can come up with against RS is one argument worth two lines. Now how does that work?

EDIT: And if you're going to start acting like MikeM8 did, get the hell out of here.
    lol MikeM8 i hated that dude. Talked shit about every game he came across, specifically this one.

==============================
    He's not dead... he's electroencephalographically challenged.
    Currently waiting For:
    1st.WAR
    2nd.AoC
    3rd.GnH's
    4th. Sword of the New world: Granado Espada

• Mr.Man_7Mr.Man_7 Member Posts: 224
    Originally posted by Lukain

So they lost 90% of there players in the last 7 Months  ?  http://www.mmogchart.com/Chart7.html

How's that correct? your saying runescape has a higher population than EVE and CoH and UO or higher profit?

He's not dead... he's electroencephalographically challenged.
    Currently waiting For:
    1st.WAR
    2nd.AoC
    3rd.GnH's
    4th. Sword of the New world: Granado Espada

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

Originally posted by Mr.Man_7
    Originally posted by Lukain So they lost 90% of there players in the last 7 Months ? http://www.mmogchart.com/Chart7.html

How's that correct? your saying runescape has a higher population than EVE and CoH and UO or higher profit?

That chart is paying + free accounts (that never cease to exist). Since you cant delete a free account it will always be added to statistics whereas other games in that circle can only count paying accounts.
  • MrLumpMrLump Member Posts: 5

man, i gotta say this game stinks because..

People are jerks, you noticed that? you ask a question your shot down by people and your called a noob, thats dumb. I played for 5 years and still currently go inand out every month. Bfs, Gfs?! what the heck, this is a GAME people, you aren't gonna get married and have children. Get on, and just add them as a friend.

If you guys ever played Runescape Classic, that game was simply amazing. Game play flowed and people were REALLY nice. Plus everything was better in all account. RS 2 has just brought shame to RSC

• AdamxAdamx Member Posts: 6

Yeah game is gonna die soon. It can't last long. The only thing it has running is introducing people to MMO's but at the cost of ruinning other by teaching them to be rude and slandering others.

No doubt RSC was better. When they switched to RS2 it was great but over time they added dum stuff to it. The emote pictures, icons, and other things look stupid. They treat it like it's ment for 8 yearolds. When if you look in the term's of aggreement it is ment for 13 and older.

Now the BF and GF thing is just not right. If your that low find and datting site or ,get a LIFE! Now if they are your BF or GF in RL and you talk to them like they are then it's okay.

• warriorangerwarrioranger Member Posts: 3
    Everyone has his/her opinion. So this is my 2 cents.  I like runescape because I can make my character the way I want. Not selected by the game or pre-degined class that I have to choose.  Sure the graphic is not excellent compare to other games.  Sounds are not good. But if u want graphic and sound then why play online browser game? You have console game for that.

Rs has tons of skills to choose from. You can be whatever you want to be.  If  you are nice to other people you meet good people as well.  If  you expect to get free stuff from other people, you won't get very far in RS. 

As for RS being kids game, there r many different age groups playing RS. Some are young kids, some are teenagers, and some are adults.  Many enjoy this game because of the variety and diversity of things you can do in RS.

I have met some people complained about RS. Most of them or lower levels who want to get easy way, or people who are lazy to  put effort and raise their skills.  You can't expect to get any good in any game, if you don't want to work for it.

I think i said enough for 2 cents worth.  Basically, you get what you put into it. I think it is good game for java base browser game. 

Don't have to agree with me.  You  are entitle to your own opinion.

• blah40000blah40000 Member Posts: 138
    Originally posted by warrioranger

Everyone has his/her opinion. So this is my 2 cents.  I like runescape because I can make my character the way I want. Not selected by the game or pre-degined class that I have to choose.  Sure the graphic is not excellent compare to other games.  Sounds are not good. But if u want graphic and sound then why play online browser game? You have console game for that.

Rs has tons of skills to choose from. You can be whatever you want to be.  If  you are nice to other people you meet good people as well.  If  you expect to get free stuff from other people, you won't get very far in RS. 

As for RS being kids game, there r many different age groups playing RS. Some are young kids, some are teenagers, and some are adults.  Many enjoy this game because of the variety and diversity of things you can do in RS.

I have met some people complained about RS. Most of them or lower levels who want to get easy way, or people who are lazy to  put effort and raise their skills.  You can't expect to get any good in any game, if you don't want to work for it.

I think i said enough for 2 cents worth.  Basically, you get what you put into it. I think it is good game for java base browser game. 

this is a very good point i myself quit after my 5 or so years it's just gotten so boring and grindy and i like the fact that it is diverse i saw a black person wearing a kkk outfit (in game) hows that for diversity. i have switched to ragnarok private servers and are waiting for infinity to come out. graphics don't matter if there was an online pong im talking aboot the original with the knobs for controls id buy and play it
  • meat_bag0meat_bag0 Member Posts: 94
    oooh...online pong? that kinda sounds like it would be almost fun....maybe....kinda? maybe if you like pong pong is ok if you ask me. but anyway runescape is an ok game sometimes. there is a lot of things they could do to make it funner and a lot of things they already have done to make it fun. i agree about how a lot of people on there are jerks. i would have to say that if runescape was more like WoW in the aspect that you can run around, jump, and whatnot in a truly 3 dimensional world of breathtakingly beautiful scenery and choose a race and a class to fully customize your character then the game would be 200% better at least.

*??)XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX(??*
    ?.•??.•*??)?.•*?*•.?(??*•.??•.?
    (?.•? (?.• MEAT_BAG0 •.?) ?•.?)
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

• WakawakazWakawakaz Member Posts: 23
    runescape in average is a pretty bad game. you only have fun when you make a lot of friends or you are a high level. i wont say anything about the graphics but... why do you even bother to be a member and pay them monthly?
  • MeonMeon Member Posts: 993

Alot of people think Runescape is bad. Yet with a total amount of 3-4 million people playing it, they must have done something right..

I do not like the game myself. But if you're not going to provide constructive criticism..don't criticise at all.

Originally posted by Meon

Alot of people think Runescape is bad. Yet with a total amount of 3-4 million people playing it, they must have done something right..
    I do not like the game myself. But if you're not going to provide constructive criticism..don't criticise at all.
    hate to burst your bubble but theres only like 200,000 - 250,000 people who play.

cause that number you have is registered accounts not people playing. you see cause people usually quit and you can't delete your account or they have like 20 different accounts cause they want "pures" and such jagex assumes that each account is one individual person sometimes both like people quit come back but forgot they"re password so don't jump to or ever mention the million people who play cause there isn't even near that many people playing.

and the pong thing is just an example that graphics don't make a game and thats why the market is deteriorating too many people focus on graphic not gameplay (jagex doesn't focus on either they focus on getting money from paying members) also unheard of companies try to throw together games based on popular movies, shows, board games, books, ect in a month for a quick buck and naturally the people who are huge fans of whatever the game is based off of run out and buy it without any thought.
  • d00fbysanchod00fbysancho Member Posts: 219
    I don't have a problem with what anyone here plays likes or dislikes but i didn't like this game fo rthe fact that my little brother had about 6 accounts stolen some he was paying for with my moms cc number but then again i'm not sure i fhe gave it out or not but still
  • sparky7483sparky7483 Member Posts: 159
    Originally posted by d00fbysancho

I don't have a problem with what anyone here plays likes or dislikes but i didn't like this game fo rthe fact that my little brother had about 6 accounts stolen some he was paying for with my moms cc number but then again i'm not sure i fhe gave it out or not but still
    If it was your LITTLE brother, then I'm pretty sure he gave it out.

"Hackers" in this game are simply people with half a brain that know how to get passwords out of the little kids.

Life is full of choices--dont make RS one of em
    ----------
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

• Tmeyer1993Tmeyer1993 Member Posts: 9

all u said is totally true u know.. and ur right... finally some1 that knows what he is talking about.I really think its an awsome game and i agree with all u said...and to other ppl...if u once got to lvl 10 and stopped playing or wtv..and u say game sucks em..save ur comments for urself...why u think most of the comunity of runescape is over lvl 60? bcoz they like the game..and if u havent played enough u dont know wut to say...oh and another thing... runescape is one of the most played games dude...theres over 9m free playe4s on runescape and about 800k-900k which are members...every day theres 230k ppl minimum online! diferent ppl..
    Originally posted by Tmeyer1993

all u said is totally true u know.. and ur right... finally some1 that knows what he is talking about.I really think its an awsome game and i agree with all u said...and to other ppl...if u once got to lvl 10 and stopped playing or wtv..and u say game sucks em..save ur comments for urself...why u think most of the comunity of runescape is over lvl 60? bcoz they like the game..and if u havent played enough u dont know wut to say...oh and another thing... runescape is one of the most played games dude...theres over 9m free playe4s on runescape and about 800k-900k which are members...every day theres 230k ppl minimum online! diferent ppl.. hey....... dumbass....... did........ you....... not...... read...... my........ previous........... post.............?

theres only like 200,000 - 250,000 people who play(total thats f2p and p2p).

cause that number you have is registered accounts not people playing. you see cause people usually quit and you can't delete your account or they have like 20 different accounts cause they want "pures" and such jagex assumes that each account is one individual person sometimes both like people quit come back but forgot they"re password so don't jump to or ever mention the million people who play cause there isn't even near that many people playing.

I know what im talking about i played til combat over 60 and most other skills over 45. and the 230,000 people playing at a time thats really every1 who plays please look at the above. so once again NEVER POST ANYTHING ABOUT THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE PLAYING. because those are alternate accounts or abandoned accounts like i said in the above from my previous post JAGEX THINKS EACH ACCOUNT IS ONE PERSON AKA SOMEONE MAKES 20 ACCOUNTS JAGEX THINKS THATS 20 DIFFERENT PEOPLE.
  • pk3rpurepk3rpure Member Posts: 86
    Ive neva heard of sum1 with more than maybe 10 accounts. also all the members wont just abandon those accounts they r paying for r they? and yea it doesn't matter how many accounts sum1 has they still kan play them all and have different personalitys on each one. for example on my pure mage i hate melee. and on my ranger i hate mage... and on my miner/wc i hate everyone. All dfferent personalitys arnt they... lol

I think they shud all count as different ppl. also jagex knows which accounts arnt active. And they probly take that into there calculations.

Edit:  Off subject:  CAPS LOCKS IS NOT COOL, NEITHER IS UNDERLINE OR BOLD. SO PLS STOP DOING IT PPL

• Tmeyer1993Tmeyer1993 Member Posts: 9
    Originally posted by blah40000

all u said is totally true u know.. and ur right... finally some1 that knows what he is talking about.I really think its an awsome game and i agree with all u said...and to other ppl...if u once got to lvl 10 and stopped playing or wtv..and u say game sucks em..save ur comments for urself...why u think most of the comunity of runescape is over lvl 60? bcoz they like the game..and if u havent played enough u dont know wut to say...oh and another thing... runescape is one of the most played games dude...theres over 9m free playe4s on runescape and about 800k-900k which are members...every day theres 230k ppl minimum online! diferent ppl.. hey....... dumbass....... did........ you....... not...... read...... my........ previous........... post.............?

I know what im talking about i played til combat over 60 and most other skills over 45. and the 230,000 people playing at a time thats really every1 who plays please look at the above. so once again NEVER POST ANYTHING ABOUT THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE PLAYING. because those are alternate accounts or abandoned accounts like i said in the above from my previous post JAGEX THINKS EACH ACCOUNT IS ONE PERSON AKA SOMEONE MAKES 20 ACCOUNTS JAGEX THINKS THATS 20 DIFFERENT PEOPLE. Hey wanna go to www.runescape.com and check it? its always more than minimum 150k ppl playing..and check the world in hot times dude..every world with 1700 ppl+ .. that by 132 worlds... its actually a lot...and btw runescape deletes accounts by a long period of inactivity

I know what im talking about i played til combat over 60 and most other skills over 45. and the 230,000 people playing at a time thats really every1 who plays please look at the above. so once again NEVER POST ANYTHING ABOUT THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE PLAYING. because those are alternate accounts or abandoned accounts like i said in the above from my previous post JAGEX THINKS EACH ACCOUNT IS ONE PERSON AKA SOMEONE MAKES 20 ACCOUNTS JAGEX THINKS THATS 20 DIFFERENT PEOPLE. Hey wanna go to www.runescape.com and check it? its always more than minimum 150k ppl playing..and check the world in hot times dude..every world with 1700 ppl+ .. that by 132 worlds... its actually a lot...and btw runescape deletes accounts by a long period of inactivity well that totals to around 250,000 people total and i said only about 200,000-250,000 play so you proved me right and its still not near a mil and i didn't know they delete accounts after so long so all you did was tell me that accounts get deleted after a couple years. but still people abandon accounts every day so theres still about 50,000 abandoned accounts.
  • TenshinchigiTenshinchigi Member Posts: 5

all u said is totally true u know.. and ur right... finally some1 that knows what he is talking about.I really think its an awsome game and i agree with all u said...and to other ppl...if u once got to lvl 10 and stopped playing or wtv..and u say game sucks em..save ur comments for urself...why u think most of the comunity of runescape is over lvl 60? bcoz they like the game..and if u havent played enough u dont know wut to say...oh and another thing... runescape is one of the most played games dude...theres over 9m free playe4s on runescape and about 800k-900k which are members...every day theres 230k ppl minimum online! diferent ppl..hey....... dumbass....... did........ you....... not...... read...... my........ previous........... post.............?

I know what im talking about i played til combat over 60 and most other skills over 45. and the 230,000 people playing at a time thats really every1 who plays please look at the above. so once again NEVER POST ANYTHING ABOUT THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE PLAYING. because those are alternate accounts or abandoned accounts like i said in the above from my previous post JAGEX THINKS EACH ACCOUNT IS ONE PERSON AKA SOMEONE MAKES 20 ACCOUNTS JAGEX THINKS THATS 20 DIFFERENT PEOPLE.Hey wanna go to www.runescape.com and check it? its always more than minimum 150k ppl playing..and check the world in hot times dude..every world with 1700 ppl+ .. that by 132 worlds... its actually a lot...and btw runescape deletes accounts by a long period of inactivitywell that totals to around 250,000 people total and i said only about 200,000-250,000 play so you proved me right and its still not near a mil and i didn't know they delete accounts after so long so all you did was tell me that accounts get deleted after a couple years. but still people abandon accounts every day so theres still about 50,000 abandoned accounts.

DOnt play runescape... used to.

Anyway i think u need to READ, thats people playing at the exact same moment, its not like every account is online 24/7 infact ppl get logged off after 60 seconds of no clicking unlike other mmos where u can leave it on overnight.... also if you count the number of people that log on each day (Jagex posted this 2 years ago) there was 1.9 million people that logged on that day, all different accounts members were counted if they just logged on and free were counted if they were on more than 1/2 an hr

Originally posted by Tenshinchigi

all u said is totally true u know.. and ur right... finally some1 that knows what he is talking about.I really think its an awsome game and i agree with all u said...and to other ppl...if u once got to lvl 10 and stopped playing or wtv..and u say game sucks em..save ur comments for urself...why u think most of the comunity of runescape is over lvl 60? bcoz they like the game..and if u havent played enough u dont know wut to say...oh and another thing... runescape is one of the most played games dude...theres over 9m free playe4s on runescape and about 800k-900k which are members...every day theres 230k ppl minimum online! diferent ppl..hey....... dumbass....... did........ you....... not...... read...... my........ previous........... post.............?

I know what im talking about i played til combat over 60 and most other skills over 45. and the 230,000 people playing at a time thats really every1 who plays please look at the above. so once again NEVER POST ANYTHING ABOUT THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE PLAYING. because those are alternate accounts or abandoned accounts like i said in the above from my previous post JAGEX THINKS EACH ACCOUNT IS ONE PERSON AKA SOMEONE MAKES 20 ACCOUNTS JAGEX THINKS THATS 20 DIFFERENT PEOPLE.Hey wanna go to www.runescape.com and check it? its always more than minimum 150k ppl playing..and check the world in hot times dude..every world with 1700 ppl+ .. that by 132 worlds... its actually a lot...and btw runescape deletes accounts by a long period of inactivitywell that totals to around 250,000 people total and i said only about 200,000-250,000 play so you proved me right and its still not near a mil and i didn't know they delete accounts after so long so all you did was tell me that accounts get deleted after a couple years. but still people abandon accounts every day so theres still about 50,000 abandoned accounts.

DOnt play runescape... used to.

Anyway i think u need to READ, thats people playing at the exact same moment, its not like every account is online 24/7 infact ppl get logged off after 60 seconds of no clicking unlike other mmos where u can leave it on overnight.... also if you count the number of people that log on each day (Jagex posted this 2 years ago) there was 1.9 million people that logged on that day, all different accounts members were counted if they just logged on and free were counted if they were on more than 1/2 an hr

you do understand thats throughout the whole day not at the same exact minute with no logouts meaning most people that logged in that day probably switch accounts after a while and it was two years ago when most people still enjoyed rs and it was still pretty popular and renowned. and you can't count asians because they basically invented the mmo and know rs is not that good so they don't play and the kids are always doing something important than sitting on thier asses eating micky d's and blogging like us americans so thats like more than a third of the worlds population out of the question basically anyone who plays rs is either in the north western continental region or a 5-10 year old brit and a few casual adult players.

i don't wanna waist a month doing the mathamatical formula for how many play rs so please don't come up with another bull**** reason (thats more than 3 months old) why 1/15 of the people who play mmorpgs play rs cause they don't.

so if you want to counter me again get someone who has a real and backed up with proof mathimatical formula with how many people who play rs total and this has to be in writing and posted by one of this websites official employees.

anything else cannot be proven but thats what makes this argument pointless you can't prove anything you or i say is true without real evidence.

so shut-up stop whining and post on topic of this thread and don't bother arguing with me.
    Originally posted by MrLump
     Bfs, Gfs?! what the heck, this is a GAME people, you aren't gonna get married and have children. Get on, and just add them as a friend.
    ok no-one ever quoted this but in ragnarok there is a marriage system and you can adopt other players as your children and they become midgets.
  • Thunder_HeadThunder_Head Member Posts: 304
    The current Runescape is pure crap when you compare it to what it once was. I remember Classic Runescape: They had 3 worlds, 3000 people playing. No members, no dragon, hell...they didn't even have rune. Just goes to show you that as a community gets larger, it degrades into shit (possibly only because it is free to play). I REALLY enjoyed playing back then, maybe because I was 10 years old, maybe not. You cannot dispute that Runescape was ONCE a great game.
  • godmonkeygodmonkey Member Posts: 27
    Do you understand what he's trying to say, blah40000? You said that only between 200k and 250k actively play RS, but in a single day 1,900k accounts logged in. Now, even if HALF of those account were people not actually playing then you're still wrong because that leaves about 1 million people in 24 hours. To add to that..do you think everyone who actively plays is going to log in every day? doubtful. That's a hell of a lot of people.

*I'd just like to say that the numbers that im using i got completely from the quotes in that argument so if any of them are incorrect don't flame my ass off.

and you wanted a mathematical formula...

x=100,000 players

y = people not playing that day

n = number of people actively using accounts

[(19x) / 2] + y = n

EDIT:
    Ok so my one flaw is the whole "2 years ago" thing but at this moment 207274 people are actually playing...I still doubt that over 80% of the RS is playing right this second.