Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Laying it straight.

2»

Comments

• grinreapergrinreaper Member Posts: 507
    Originally posted by shane910

I will lay it straight.  

Sadly, even in it's poor state, this game is better than any MMO currently out.  Sad for all the other MMOS that are out and just crappy copies of WoW with fresh coat of paint.

This game has taken a huge leap forward, far as combat and community driven content. 

But the lack of balancing for average players has slapped them in the face, and will continue to do so untill the make the nessairy changes.  If they dont make the changes pretty soon it will be too late and the games reputation wil be completely ruined, leaving no chance for the community to bounce back.

I stil have hope for RB to turn RV arround, may not seem that way from my posts , but I am simply stating the facts from mine and other players experiance in the game, so that they can see where they need to put their efforts.  Reguardless of wether of not they care or listen I am gratefull for the game they have put out, as it may very likley effect future games comeing out, providing me and others with a game we can enjoy down the road.

Well said shane...only point I dont agree on is that there is really no 'point of no return' for a MMOs rep...look at AO for gods sake, or WW2OL
  • shane910shane910 Member Posts: 359
    Originally posted by grinreaper

Originally posted by shane910

I will lay it straight.  

Sadly, even in it's poor state, this game is better than any MMO currently out.  Sad for all the other MMOS that are out and just crappy copies of WoW with fresh coat of paint.

This game has taken a huge leap forward, far as combat and community driven content. 

But the lack of balancing for average players has slapped them in the face, and will continue to do so untill the make the nessairy changes.  If they dont make the changes pretty soon it will be too late and the games reputation wil be completely ruined, leaving no chance for the community to bounce back.

I stil have hope for RB to turn RV arround, may not seem that way from my posts , but I am simply stating the facts from mine and other players experiance in the game, so that they can see where they need to put their efforts.  Reguardless of wether of not they care or listen I am gratefull for the game they have put out, as it may very likley effect future games comeing out, providing me and others with a game we can enjoy down the road.
    Well said shane...only point I dont agree on is that there is really no 'point of no return' for a MMOs rep...look at AO for gods sake, or WW2OL  True, especialy since this is a game with no mandatory monthly fee.  But this game needs players to verm to get funding, those games have subcription fees to help them.  Gonna get mightly costly for RB to maintain this game through the low player phases.  I doubt they will just keep sinking money in a failing project and thats what I fear will hapen , just hope they try lowering time and prices first and while they have intrest in the game.(before better ones come out)         Like AoC and Darkfall, both seem to use FPS combat and have deep crafting not sure if they will be good tho.    However, I know RV is close and I know it can be fun but right now its just a drag.... 
  • SWGLoverSWGLover Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 539

This may sound silly, but the fact that there are people that care enough about the game to still post about makes me hopeful.

I don't know why, but I find the concept of the game interesting. Yes, even the main forums at http://www.roma-victor.com/ aren't too active but they're still worth checking out.

Of course I still haven't taken the leap and bought the game so what do I know.....

• kashaunkashaun Member Posts: 220
    I whent ahead and got it. Haven't got very far yet, not that there's some clear goal or anything which is something I like. It's a little difficult to learn the basics even though, you're sort of on your own aside from other players helping you. There aren't a lot of people around from what I've seen so far, but those I have run into are more helpfull then I'm used to in any game. I think I decided to get it mostly to fill a little bit of my wait for AoC, but also to test the waters a little and hope that it gets worked on more, and hopefully if it gets polished a little more I'll have a good head start.

Unfortunately though, I'll most likely cut out pretty fast once some of those games in the works come out. I mean, I understand that they're a small staff and they're taking on some gutsy things there, but ultimately they have to compete with other games at least a little. Some things are just universal with any game, as in it has to have playability and some action. It's like your dream girl, you can have a list of things that your dream girl will be, but when it comes down to it, you're either attracted to them or not.

Never give up and never surrender!