Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dam Warcrack

i started FFXI back up for the 3rd time
i love the game but its too dam hard
im thinking of coming back to wow
for the 6th time....

have there been patches after the first on on TBC?

Comments

• kaskuskaskus Member Posts: 105
    i think you have to go back and play w0w...you have to experience the two new classes added to the game..and i think you'll love them as soon as you start playing with a new toon
  • destro3979destro3979 Member Posts: 470

Originally posted by kaskus
    i think you have to go back and play w0w...you have to experience the two new classes added to the game..and i think you'll love them as soon as you start playing with a new toon

lol
    its races not classes lol
    and i have played them both
    got them to about 10 each then quit to play FFXI and well it just plain sucked

• rydenstriferydenstrife Member Posts: 20
    The TBC was a big dissapoint to me. the new items are just remakes of old gear with new colors(wtf?) the new races are unoriginal, the new dungeons are unimpressive and new raid dungeons are mastered in hours???  Flying mounts aren't worth the gold, they get old quickly.  Level 70 takes a week(suppose to be as long has 1-60???). Same old warcraft everyone was playing 2 years ago with a few new features that don't stand out.

Originally posted by rydenstrife
    The TBC was a big dissapoint to me. the new items are just remakes of old gear with new colors(wtf?) the new races are unoriginal, the new dungeons are unimpressive and new raid dungeons are mastered in hours??? Flying mounts aren't worth the gold, they get old quickly. Level 70 takes a week(suppose to be as long has 1-60???). Same old warcraft everyone was playing 2 years ago with a few new features that don't stand out.

i loved every dit of it lol
    ya... they could of done more for the time they took to make it but still
    i like it

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

Are you sure u must even play a MMORPG? If there is no good MMORPG out at the market atm, then don't play any. Try Oblivion: The Elder Scrolls or something, u will find out that there are alot of nice games out at the market that isn't MMORPGs.  That's my suggestion.

and i own most those games
    lol

• laffncrylaffncry Member Posts: 92
    i think you're too good for the game! anyway i like the TBC. i just wished they did a better job but hey, i enjoy it! and goodluck to you and hope you find a game that would entertain you!

social type lol
    thats a joke lol
    im not very social...

also it seems you think i need a new game

the reason i quit wow 6 times is to play other games
    iv always liked it

like the last time i quit
    my friends started ffxi back up and i felt like playing with them
    but it got boring and i quit

i usually leave to play other games with my friends

• ferofaxferofax Member Posts: 82
    ...poor you then. what if your friends decided to try playing Barbie Online (i dunno if there is any, but if there is, i PITY them), you gonna go and play with them too?

---------------------------------
    be a sweetheart, help me dominate the world...

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

The TBC was a big dissapoint to me. the new items are just remakes of old gear with new colors(wtf?) the new races are unoriginal, the new dungeons are unimpressive and new raid dungeons are mastered in hours???  Flying mounts aren't worth the gold, they get old quickly.  Level 70 takes a week(suppose to be as long has 1-60???). Same old warcraft everyone was playing 2 years ago with a few new features that don't stand out.

How on earth did  you manage to get all the way to lvl 70 if it was that bad? Lvl 60-70 in a weak means LOTS of hours EVERY day! You really love to torture yourself!

Lvl 70 warlock myself, on Eu server Anachronos, and I love WoW and TBC. Leave the game for us fans, and just cancel your subscription!

EDIT:

Destro3979: if you stopped playing WoW 6 times (!), and stopped playing FFXI 3 times, then I doubt anything we suggest or tells you will help. You are too impatient, no matter what you say in your FFXI thread... Leaving 2x WoW charcacters at lvl 10 AND all 3 FFXI characters at lvl 14 is proof enough. I am new to this forum and have mainly read about WoW and FFXI - will i find more such examples if I check the other games?

i don't really care what you all say
    im going to come back...

also about the other post
    i only play if it looks like a good game

patients
    i have plenty
    just not enough to sit in a desert for 2-4 hours looking for a group
    its not worth the time

iv always loved playing wow
    i just like to take breaks sometimes

i don't get why you cant understand that

• kaskuskaskus Member Posts: 105
    then you should encourage your friends to play w0w with you since i think that you are playing with your pals...just sit back and relax and just play the game you wanted so but i prefer you playing w0w again, there are many exciting things to be added in the game

well 2 of my friends do
    1 has had no comp for a few months though
    all my other friends are FFXI addicts(3) or just don't have the money or parents wont let them play wow

You don't "get" it???

Take a CLOSE LOOK on your posts, and then you might get the idea:

"I don't really care what you all say" - why post here then?

"i started FFXI back up for the 3rd time i love the game but its too dam hard" - now i'm confused - didn't it suck after all (next example)? and, lvl 1-14 hard????

"then quit to play FFXI and well it just plain sucked" - you quit at least 3 times, appearently lvling 1 job to lvl 14 (wow...) each time!

"the reason i quit wow 6 times is to play other games" - just proves my point

"i usually leave to play other games with my friends" - you follow them blindly? if you do, there's no need for us to suggest games, at least

"have there been patches after the first on on TBC?" - if you have been playing WoW that long, you SHOULD know about the official web sites reachable from the launcher, AND that there's patch info to be found there

Your FFXI thread at http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/116188 :

"I just ordered the collectors edition :-)" - posted AFTER you said you that about 3x lvl 14 - you even tried a 4th time?

I think I'll just stop there, but feel free to ask for more examples if you still don't "get" it. I usually don't post like this on any forums, but this just had to be answered..

i don't follow them blindly
    i look at the game a little first
    other peoples opinions don't mean im going to like it

why post here....
    because i didn't think everyone would start complaining

and about FFXI
    its a great game if you have the time
    i would love to play it more
    but i don't got the time for it

i said it sucked because i couldn't get anything done without waiting
    like i said before i don't have the time

my day-
    school till 3
    3-7
    homework, chore, sports(depends on time of year), free time(time i usually play)
    7-(9-11)
    finish anything i didn't do(hw,chores ect.)
    watch tv, maybe console a little, play on the comp some more
    (9-11)-6
    sleep

• rydenstriferydenstrife Member Posts: 20
    1.  If I wasn't a fan I wouldn't have spent 2+ years playing a game I don't like, so please be quiet.

2.  Level 70 really doesn't take that long, 4-6 hours of dedicated leveling a day and your 70 in a week or so.

3.  I cancelled my subscription because there's nothing really new added to the game, new content sure, but in a month it'll be the same old thing people have been raiding since Molten Core was introduced, so they lowered the raid cap, is that suppose to present more challenge??? To be frank it doesn't for me and alot of other people, sorry if I have an opinion a fan boy doesn't agree with, but I don't kiss blizzard's butt ok?

4.  I really could care less if you had a 70 or 70 level ones, that doesn't make your opinion any better than mine so get off your throne pal cause you making absolutely no point.  Thanks for trying play again soon.

1. If I wasn't a fan I wouldn't have spent 2+ years playing a game I don't like, so please be quiet.
    2. Level 70 really doesn't take that long, 4-6 hours of dedicated leveling a day and your 70 in a week or so.
    3. I cancelled my subscription because there's nothing really new added to the game, new content sure, but in a month it'll be the same old thing people have been raiding since Molten Core was introduced, so they lowered the raid cap, is that suppose to present more challenge??? To be frank it doesn't for me and alot of other people, sorry if I have an opinion a fan boy doesn't agree with, but I don't kiss blizzard's butt ok?
    4. I really could care less if you had a 70 or 70 level ones, that doesn't make your opinion any better than mine so get off your throne pal cause you making absolutely no point. Thanks for trying play again soon.

umm are you talking to me?
    cause i don't remember saying that???
    and if it wasn't
    don't bring your fights here
    i already have enough people complaining...

Destro: S/he's talking to me, being pissed off because I questioned why s/he played WoW if it was that bad. Read the post on the thread's first side, everything with TBC is appearently crap...

rydenstrife: So, appearently I'm kissing the lower back regions of Blizzard just because i love WoW? Hehe, that post really gave me a good laugh - best entertainment is from stupid ppl who "don't care" but gets all worked up over peanuts. 

• VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501

Yes, there have been new patches since TBC, but nothing big. Oh! well, the Arena tournaments started! i suppose you can consider that big, but unless you 70, you cannot enter.

As for the TBC.. i simply love it. The new areas are simpy a work of art and the new quests much more involved and fun than the rest, plus they re-introduced world pvp with some fun activities (bombing runs anybody?)

So, I do not really think what you wanted more. If you were expecting a revolution from the expansion, I suggest you check out SOE pages cause that is their specialty, not Blizzard.

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"

• LukainLukain Member UncommonPosts: 591

I tried going back to WOW after a year of , Loaded up TBC & created a Bloodmage but after a few hours 10 or so I got bored , don't get me wrong TBC is a great expansion with creative quests  ect , But I think I am MMORPG burnt out , Nothing excites me with maybe the execption being LOTRO , In the last 6 Months I have gone from a 6-8 hours a Day player on EQ2 + a few free MMORPG's & WOW/TBC  to 0 hours , my MMORPG experience consists of these forums  which I find more exciting than any game right now ..

I really hope its just Burnout & in a few months I can get back into it , But maybe I am just getting to old for games "cry"