Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Third Stargate series in development????

NigherisNigheris Member Posts: 70

Originally Posted on GAteworld: A third Stargate series in development.

Prepare to step through the gate all over again! A third television series in the hit Stargate franchise is now in development, GateWorld has learned.

A production source informs GateWorld that the new series is in the concept phase, and is being actively worked on by the Vancouver creatives behind Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis. No concept for the show has yet been revealed.

The third TV series is also not likely to be rushed into production for a 2007 premiere in order to replace SG-1, which takes its final bow with 10 new episodes this spring. Instead, a premiere in 2008 or later is more likely at this point. (Note that, at this time in the fall of 2003, Stargate Atlantis was well into casting, script-writing, and set-building to make a July premiere date.)

Following the success of the 1994 film "Stargate," Stargate SG-1 debuted in 1997, and spun off Stargate Atlantis in 2004. The two shows return to SCI FI Channel in the U.S. with new episodes in April. The spring run of 10 episodes each will mark the series finale of SG-1, and the third season finale of Atlantis.

Stargate Atlantis returns for its fourth season later in 2007.

Meanwhile, SG-1 will continue with two movies, presumably direct-to-DVD, currently aiming for a fall 2007 release.

Stick with GateWorld for full coverage of the third Stargate series as news develops!

I read about this lastnight, along with another post that Michael Shanks would be the Lead as Dr Daniel Jackson, however the latter has been unfounded. We Michael Shanks Fans can still hope!

If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors not his equals!!!

Comments

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844
    thanx for that buddy :)

• LostMKLostMK Member UncommonPosts: 27

Very interesting!!! ;D

• Agent_X7Agent_X7 Staff WriterMember, Newbie CommonPosts: 515

Yeah, I hope that Jackson, Mitchell and Vala are all in the new series in some way. Or, it would be nice to FINALLY see Daniel get to do some research on Atlantis. I know he's been there briefly looking for the Ancient weapon, but come on, give the poor guy a break, hehe.

Maybe we can have Sam and Daniel on Atlantis and Cam and Vala on the new show. (C'mon! Give poor Claudia Black and Ben Browder a freakin' BREAK! Stop cancelling their shows!)

Agent_X7 AKA J Star
    [/URL]image
    Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of MMORPG.com or its management.

• AJZ1AJZ1 Member Posts: 39

I hope that either Teal'c or Jackson are in the new series And myself of course :)

P.S. Carter is joining the Atlantis cast for season 4

• TasadarBGTasadarBG Member Posts: 1
    "Meanwhile, SG-1 will continue with two movies, presumably direct-to-DVD, currently aiming for a fall 2007 release."

Those movies must be awesome. And i hope the new Stargate starts asap!
  • RyhxionRyhxion Member Posts: 9
    I am getting moist
  • gatherisgatheris Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

Finally

Should have ended after Mr Anderson decided to make just a casual appearance on the show

Has been mostly a dud since moving over to the Sci-Fi Channel anyway

• PsycoPandaPsycoPanda Member Posts: 15
    Just to pick some nits, but shouldn't this be the fourth show?  They made that awful cartoon for a season or two.  You might not remember because you blocked it out, but it existed.
  • LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831
    Will it be called Star Gate Worlds?
  • PyritePyrite Member Posts: 309

Teal'c P.I.

"Indeed!"

The most important part of reading is reading between the lines.

• mithrandir72mithrandir72 Member Posts: 1,286
    Originally posted by Pyrite

Teal'c P.I.
    "Indeed!"
    Ever since the 200th episode, I've been thinking how much that would kick ass. Its on levels I can't even comprehend

We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment;
    We are choosing to be here right now -Tool, Parabola

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

I am used to all the peoples in SG-1, so seeing any again will always be welcome.

Dunno about Atlantis, I have nothing against...but I still have to find it...interesting.  *hide from flaming*

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• RekitRekit Member Posts: 53
    Originally posted by AJZ1

I hope that either Teal'c or Jackson are in the new series And myself of course :)

P.S. Carter is joining the Atlantis cast for season 4

Indeed!

Eve Trial <- Try 14 days of Eve for FREE
    Im against SOE

• TookyGTookyG Warhammer Online CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,115
    Originally posted by gatheris

Finally
    Should have ended after Mr Anderson decided to make just a casual appearance on the show
    Has been mostly a dud since moving over to the Sci-Fi Channel anyway
    Dud?  It was posting great ratings for a while there.

Until you cancel your subscription, you are only helping to continue the cycle of mediocrity.

• joeytenkajoeytenka Member Posts: 5
    Bad thing RDA left the show, but still they became familiy somehow so I still enjoy watching (but again, missing RDA's sense of humor)
  • skywisenightskywisenight Member UncommonPosts: 348
    Originally posted by mithrandir72

Teal'c P.I.
    "Indeed!"
    Ever since the 200th episode, I've been thinking how much that would kick ass. Its on levels I can't even comprehend "Indeed"  (best part of that episode hands down, IMHO)
  • MaphusioMaphusio Member Posts: 104

Teal'c P.I.
    "Indeed!"
    Ever since the 200th episode, I've been thinking how much that would kick ass. Its on levels I can't even comprehend

I would like to watch that "ag-aine"...

Honestly, If Carter and Jackson joined Atlantis... Ohhh buddy I would make it a point to watch that show. As it is now... It's good, but, McKay is the best part of the show... I mean, come on, any guy that says, "It's ok because I remember how to use DOS." when in an alien ship rocks the house!

I as well miss RDA's sense of humor and I'm glad that he demanded it be part of his role on SG1... GO RDA!

A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING VENTRILO CHAT:
    IP: 66.207.167.32
    PORT: 3793

- WWW.KRELSLIBRARY.ORG -
    "Information is knowledge, knowledge is power!"

• AJZ1AJZ1 Member Posts: 39
    Originally posted by Maphusio

Teal'c P.I.
    "Indeed!"

I would like to watch that "ag-aine"...

Honestly, If Carter and Jackson joined Atlantis... Ohhh buddy I would make it a point to watch that show. As it is now... It's good, but, McKay is the best part of the show... I mean, come on, any guy that says, "It's ok because I remember how to use DOS." when in an alien ship rocks the house!

I as well miss RDA's sense of humor and I'm glad that he demanded it be part of his role on SG1... GO RDA!

Carter is joining the Atlantis cast in season 4 :) and Jackson may quest star on a few episode......SO Make it a point to watch the show
  • JustjackJustjack Member Posts: 13
    I'm going to dissent here and say I'm sad to see this happening. 

I love Stargate, but they're gonna water down at this rate.  I think they need to focus their energies on making Atlantis a success instead of spinning off yet again.

We saw Paramount make the same mistake with the Star Trek series.  At one point you went from TNG (excellent all the way through once they killed Tasha, gave Riker a beard, and stopped changing Worf's face every 3 episodes) to DS9(eh at first, became mildly interesting towards the end as the writers got a burst of creativity) to Voyager (pretty good for a while; jumped the shark once they decided to "sex" it up and add Hottie of Borg) to Enterprise (complete frickin' flop, but hey at least the intro song was good) nonstop.  Burned the writers out, stifled new ideas.  Enterprise's biggest failure was that most of the storylines were just rehashes or slightly altered versions of stories from other Trek series'.   SG-1 jumped the shark when they promoted RDA to general and had him phone in a season, and it's been downhill from there.  Atlantis has largely languished (though I happen to like the show) but has enough potential if they put all their energies into it to make it a smash.

I don't want my beloved franchise watered down, and this announcement just reaks of trying to bleed every nickel they can out of the franchise as quickly as possible.  Which usually results in a ruined franchise.
  • a-townplayaa-townplaya Member Posts: 8
    It would be freakin awesome if they did a good job on a new series. If they are thinking about another, it will be a wile before anything develops.

Their in pre-production now for the movies, I think their scheduled to start shooting in a few months.

Plus I've seen the rest of the season for Atlantis, it ROCKS!!!! What they should do is just focus all their efforts onto that.

Just how I feel
  • LeutroyalLeutroyal Member Posts: 14
    Im not going to make any judgments untill i know what the premise of the series will be about. Maybe stories taken from SGW? You know have stories of people in the galaxy who were just as heroic as SG-1.
  • SundiegoSundiego Member Posts: 92
    I am glad they are going to make a new one. They need to contiune the franchise not just for the sake of the franchise, not just becaues most Sci-Fi shows suck and SG universe is one of the things (along with Dr.Who and Battlestar) keeping them afloat, not just because of the fans, but because of Stargate Worlds MMORPG.

Alantis is on its own side, SG-1 has been disbanded for really a while now. They should have a show that doesnt focus on any particular SG group. It should explain and tell about the entire universe of stargate. From some scientists on Planet B to another culture on planet C.
  • mbbladembblade Member Posts: 747

huh, so how are they gonna do this, is it going to play off 1 of the 2 like when atlantis played of SG-1

• DeathpooperDeathpooper Member Posts: 265
    I liked the original movie stargate. But the series sucked imo. I tried to watch some episodes, but it was so boring. Acting is horrible. No action, just pointless talking. Dunno what people see in these series.
  • d_and_d_geekd_and_d_geek Member Posts: 6
    Liked the series, loved the movie, looking forward to the game.