Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Most hilarious Realm ability ever

This is one of the new realm abilities proposed for the new expansion. I thought it was pretty funny...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arrow Salvaging

Passive

Increases the chance of not expending an arrow when shooting by the listed percentage.

L1   25%

L2    45%

L3    70%

L4    95%

Rangers, Scouts, Hunters

but time flows like a river

and history repeats

...but time flows like a river...

...and history repeats...

-Leader of "The Fighting Irish" in DAoC on Hib/Kay-

Comments

• CervantusCervantus Member Posts: 28

1 rp to reduce the gold output of archery by 25% sounds like quite a deal.

• kermit01kermit01 Member Posts: 11
    No, it just says that the CHANCE of not expending an arrow is increased by 25%.....it doesn't mean you'll have 25% less cash expended for arrows.....

Altho the L4 ability is a nice percentage.....but that seems like an awful lot of rps to expend for it.

• BlueOneBlueOne Member Posts: 15

This RA is currently in the game, except it's only 10% chance per level.  They made it better and actualy usefull now. 

Arrows are expensive.  A full stack of 100 will set you back 3+ gold and at three to five arrows per MoB it takes a while before hunting actualy becomes profitable.

BlueOne

Originally posted by kermit01
    No, it just says that the CHANCE of not expending an arrow is increased by 25%.....it doesn't mean you'll have 25% less cash expended for arrows.....
    Altho the L4 ability is a nice percentage.....but that seems like an awful lot of rps to expend for it.

Yes, a chance. so over time, of 100 arrows shot only 75 would have consumed an arrow. over 1000, only 750.

So with arrow output reduced by 25%, is it not fair to say I wouldn't have to spend gold on them?

And not only are arrows saved, time that could be used fletching can be spent elsewhere.

• TenebreTenebre Member Posts: 18

What this RA really does is make you encumbered when the assasins hits you with the strength debuff.   All those arrows your salvaging then weigh a ton.  Good luck running away.

Still sound like a great RA?

::::12::

English MoFo, can you read it?

All the ability does it give you a chance not to expend an arrow. It's called Arrow Salvaging to give an idea behind the ability. There's no salvaging! Just sometimes you won't lose an arrow when you fire.

• TenebreTenebre Member Posts: 18

Yes mofo. I did read it.  In fact, I play an Archer and know exactly how it works.

The bottom line is you lose less arrows on average after firing them which means you will be carrying more all of the time.  Read the VN boards to see what both Archers and Assasins alike think of this RA.

Is THAT spelled out in English good enough or do you need a translator?.....idiot

• BlueOneBlueOne Member Posts: 15

Originally posted by Tenebre

Yes mofo. I did read it.  In fact, I play an Archer and know exactly how it works.
        The bottom line is you lose less arrows on average after firing them which means you will be carrying more all of the time.  Read the VN boards to see what both Archers and Assasins alike think of this RA.
        Is THAT spelled out in English good enough or do you need a translator?.....idiot

Hmmm...I don't know about your archer, but with my Kobald Hunter, I normaly carry around three or four hundred arrows with me where ever I go.  I don't think the few that get "salvaged" will make that much differance in the game (as far as wheight goes). 

Spending less on arrows out weighs the extra encumberance (pun fully intended).

BlueOne

• Lunar_KnightLunar_Knight Member Posts: 292

So...does anyone actually see the sort of weird logic behind this realm ability? I mean doesn't anybody think its weird that you can shoot an arrow and hit someone but with out using a arrow?

...you can now laugh at the mythic's logic...

please?

and history repeats

• ViridiaViridia Member Posts: 142

I think it is more weird, that as an archer or ranged attacker in MMORPGs someone could assume you would never want to re-use the arrows or missiles. 

I mean think about it, you are in a fight, you fire 5 arrows at the target, maybe 3 hit him, and and some melee finishes the target off.   Doesn't it make sense that if you could see an arrow that missed on the ground, or find an arrow that only went through flesh and was still good, would you really not just pick it up an re-use it?   The first time I ever played EQ and realised if you threw something at a mob or fired an arrow at it it was permanantly gone I was quite surprised.   It does seem more odd to me in that they have to make it a skill with various chances of success, but maybe the skill and percentage is in being able to see the arrows on the ground if you have to run away, or, if you do kill the mob,how quickly you can clean the blood off so your other arrows don't get rusty image.

• Lunar_KnightLunar_Knight Member Posts: 292
    I think they used to have something like that in Asheron's Call, don't know if they still do, where you fired a missle weapon and if you missed your mark the projectile would sit on the ground till you picked it up again.

and history repeats

• gavinradgavinrad Member Posts: 2

Originally posted by Tenebre

Umm.... so why don't you simply start out by carrying less arrows?.....

• AkunaiAkunai Member Posts: 138

Its funny cause you don't have to actually get near the target or target area to recover the arrows.  So yea it just doesn't make sense.

As far as getting weighed down by str debuffs, you'd obviously need to adjust to that.  Since the highest assassin str debuff is known, you can adjust your calculations to encumberance for your char.  If I knew the highest str debuff would encumber me if I carried 300+ arrows, I'd carry 299.  And all this RA does is help archers with that calculation, by lowering the risk of running out of arrows for being safe.

• powerskankerpowerskanker Member Posts: 57

Thats interesting... Would be cool to run around with only 50 arrows and live off that for like as much as 1000 arrows... but thats if its at the max level. I dont really know how many people would invest in that though... any archer who would?