Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Keep your character after launch"

2»

Comments

• KhalathwyrKhalathwyr Member UncommonPosts: 3,133
    Originally posted by Hayoo

Thought you guys would appreciate an update. Patience, the CRM, has posted a Q&A on the official forums about Open Beta Characters.

Summary: You get to carry over 5 characters, not just 1.

Hi everyone,

There have been lots of questions about Open Beta and how characters will transfer from Open Beta to Live, so we wanted to try to answer them in one place.

Q: When does Open Beta start?

A: Open Beta begins on March 30 for Pre-order customers and April 6th for the general public.

Q: How many characters can I carry from Open Beta?

A: Players may have up to 5 characters per server, and all characters from all servers will be carried over.

Q: What's the level cap?

A: The level cap is set to 15. Once you hit level 15, your character will no longer receive experience until the game goes live on April 24th.

Hope that answers some of your questions!

-Meghan
    Awesome. Thanks Hayoo!

"Many nights, my friend... Many nights I've put a blade to your throat while you were sleeping. Glad I never killed you, Steve. You're alright..."

Chavez y Chavez

• KanetmKanetm Member Posts: 54
    Interesting, this raises another question though, if the level cap in the open beta will be 15 how are they gonna test the high end stuff? Btw what's the level cap of the game?

We Need To Take The Power Back!

• KhalathwyrKhalathwyr Member UncommonPosts: 3,133
    Originally posted by Kanetm

Interesting, this raises another question though, if the level cap in the open beta will be 15 how are they gonna test the high end stuff? Btw what's the level cap of the game?

The high end stuff has already been thoroughly tested throughout the closed beta. Open beta, while technically a testing phase, is more of a try before you buy. Basically put: They've gotten all the real beta done and open beta is last minute tweaks/hype the game mode.

This game is ready for pay for play right now and has been so for a good while.

"Many nights, my friend... Many nights I've put a blade to your throat while you were sleeping. Glad I never killed you, Steve. You're alright..."

Chavez y Chavez

• DaymooseDaymoose Member Posts: 16
    Very, very pleased with this information. Just the right balance of giving an incentive to preorders without giving too much of an edge over the rest.

Not sure how they'll handle the economy yet, but I'm sure they'll think of something.
  • JenuvielJenuviel Member Posts: 960
    The monthly fee reduction you get for pre-ordering is pretty great, too. I would've pre-ordered it anyway after playing in the stress test, but early open beta opportunity, carry-over characters, and  $5 less per month until you cancel (normal rates if you resubscribe) is awfully hard to resist. None of that stuff really gives you any power advantage, but all of it's desirable. Seems like a perfect mix, and I'm sure it'll make the newbie zones a lot less of a pain since most of the "carry over" characters will already have moved through those areas. I just wish the darned thing would start today. I'm getting antsy.