Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online addict dies after ‘marathon’ session

Comments

• baffbaff Member Posts: 9,457
    Seven days is respectable, that Korean nancy boy died after only 2.
  • 8hammer88hammer8 Member Posts: 1,812
    Originally posted by dsorrent

Online addict dies after ‘marathon’ session

7 days of gaming??

People are dumb...aka The Media

Did they scientifically prove it was the gaming that killed him and not the excess weight he was carrying on himself?  I guess the next questions that follows suit are:

A) Was he 300 lbs and had nothing to do and could not motivate himself to be active so gaming became a life style?

B) Was gaming his life style and caused him to become 300 lbs?

C) Are his parents going to sue whatever screen his computer was on when he died?

"It is easier to be cruel than wise. The road to wisdom is long and difficult... so most people just turn out to be assholes" Feng (Christopher Walken)

• AstropuyoAstropuyo Member RarePosts: 2,178

Lol sauce.

I doubt he died from hard core gaming so much as consumption or lack or.

Games don't kill, nor does being online. It's a lack of certain things all creatures need to live.

A human can go what ? 8 days without proper hydration before dying?

30 or so days without food? WTF causes a guy to keel over after 7 days?

I know you can survive up to 9 days of no sleep before you completely crash (thank you mr.sleep log, i read up!).

This guy had other problems we don't know of, and to be frank? HAHAHA .

• necrotherionnecrotherion Member Posts: 130
    Originally posted by baff

Be respectful, please.
  • NierroNierro Member UncommonPosts: 1,755

That made me laugh..

Originally posted by necrotherion

Be respectful, please.

Respectful of what?

His death earned no respect.

He died from being stupid, since when is that respectful?

I could see if he died saving a bus full of nuns from a burning orphanage during the winter.

But he died playing a game.

If you forget yourself so much in playing a game that you die? You deserve none.

If I die in some seriously stupid manner, I hope I am laughed at as well.

• talkinggoattalkinggoat Member Posts: 26
    GOD I love these stories. It's always a sad sack who really has nothing going on in his life and is so depressed that he/she immerses him/herself into the game so completely they have psychotic episodes. Remember the Everquest one in the 90's? He croaked after 36 hours straight.

Question: Has there ever been a recorded suicide/psychotic break of a girl MMORPG gamer?

Edit: LoL @ Tuutob
  • TuutobTuutob Member Posts: 607
    what'd he drop?
    Originally posted by talkinggoat

GOD I love these stories. It's always a sad sack who really has nothing going on in his life and is so depressed that he/she immerses him/herself into the game so completely they have psychotic episodes. Remember the Everquest one in the 90's? He croaked after 36 hours straight.

Question: Has there ever been a recorded suicide/psychotic break of a girl MMORPG gamer?

Edit: LoL @ Tuutob

No but the day it happens it's gonna be wild...

News will break out and total recall of mmo's in whole will occure, as the media demands.

• lee91092lee91092 Member Posts: 39
    C'mon, MMORPGS have been in the spotlight many times before. Evercrack ring a bell? I don't think anything major will happen. This market is massive, they couldn't (or wouldn't') close the games. Jack Thompson tries to close down Rockstar, but he hasn't won his case yet, has he? GTA still goes strong.