Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Equipment update (2-28-07)

torioustorious Member Posts: 66
for those that haven't taken a look at the main site's forum

here's a recent update on the gear you'll be using

http://forums.fallenearth.com/fallenearth/showthread.php?t=514

Question: Any info on equipment?

We've had a few questions about equipment so we figured we'd hit several of them at once. Next week's question is likely to be shorter than normal since we're going to be at GDC then and we have to concentrate on getting everything for it squared away before we go.

Question 1:

What range of armor will there be? Limited to today's full riot gear for the top protection, or fanciful power armorish things?

For the first story arc players will be rebuilding the technologies of the old world and getting back up to what we today would consider modern technology. In future story arcs we'll get into more fanciful things. So armor in the initial story arc consists of things like leather jackets, scrap metal plating, reinforced synthetic clothes, nomex, sandworm hide armor, motorcycle helmets, kevlar, ballistic plates, etc. We do have armor that looks much like riot gear. The top protection will vary widely in terms of what the armor looks like. Some folks will use advanced polymers and composite materials to make bullet-stopping suits of heavy armor, while others will hunt down special mutant beasts and make armor out of their hides.

Question 2:

What range of weaponry are you planning? Will there be massive weapons like the 20mm anti-tank rifles or LAW rocket systems, or will it be limited to simpler smaller weapons?

For the first story arc, players will work their way up from crossbows, zip guns, and pipes to assault rifles, submachine guns, and baseball bats wrapped in razorwire. So it's all man-portable for now with real world technology.

Question 3:

If I get tired of my old zipgun, can I sell that to a fellow survivor? Or do I have to discard it? [Will it be "bound" to a character?] It would be sweet if there was a way of selling off your worn items if you find something better on your adventures...

Occasional, very valuable items will be impossible to trade, but they will be very very rare. For most items, including all crafted items, you can trade them around however you wish.

Question 4:

I don't know if this has been asked yet, but: What are all the clothing slots?

1.Shirt

2.Pants

3.Torso

4.Legs

5.Head

6.Eyes

7.Ears

8.Mouth

9.Left Glove

10.Right Glove

11.Belt

12.Shoes

13.Left Shoulder

14.Right Shoulder

15.Left Upper Arm

16.Right Upper Arm

17.Left Lower Arm

18.Right Lower Arm

19.Left Upper Leg

20.Right Upper Leg

21.Left Lower Leg

22.Right Lower leg

Some pieces of clothing will take up multiple slots. For example, if you find a pair of football pads it will take up both shoulders, while a gas mask will take up eyes, mouth, and probably head.

As mentioned earlier, next week may be a little shorter due to us being at GDC. Big or small, we will try our hardest to make sure there is a question of the week posted for you!

Darn! We should have saved the "Will there be zombies?" question for GDC week! *grin*

Have fun everyone!

~Acropolis

/endquote

Comments