Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

a message to John Smedley

Pjay2kPjay2k Member CommonPosts: 260
"Look after the customer and the business will take care of itself"

Ray Kroc

-McDonald's Founder-

SOE and NGE-Star Wars Galalaxies:
Raph Koster: "It's like dumping the girlfriend who has always been patient and loving to chase after the supermodel who probably won't love you back."

Comments

• Veiled_lightVeiled_light Member UncommonPosts: 855

My message:

"You said u wud leave ur wife for me if i waited a little big longer, its been 3 years Smedley"

cries

• SuvrocSuvroc Member Posts: 2,383

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

SOE is more interested in the potential customer then the existing subscriber, at least when it concerns SWG.

• acmtalkacmtalk Member Posts: 405
    I have a message too!

But I fear I will be banned if I posted it...............

• Harry-SackHarry-Sack Member Posts: 135
    I've got a message too, Smed!

It is right here in my pants... come and get it.

John Smedley beat up my grandmother.

• skulldronskulldron Member UncommonPosts: 31

heres a better message...

"Be kind to  your dog and he wont bite you!"

From Man whom got bitten by dog

lol

• xacovaxacova Member Posts: 190

Well i got a message for him, will take a few hours hours for it to be digested though, ill post it a jiffy bag to him....... might wrap it in till foil keep warmer longer.

WITH THANKS FROM THE  CABAL!

• akevvakevv Member Posts: 208
    It has been well over a year since they published the NGE. The latest epiphany email from Smedley says no to classic servers. I have to ask when is enough? When do we finally stop caring about this game we used to play? When do we give up on seeing our animations and having truly diverse professions to choose from? When do we just say enough?

I am at a point now where I just don't care anymore. I come here to read, but with Smedley's email, our game is the only option he won't consider. Well, that pretty much seals it, doesn't it? The game they are calling SWG is no longer our game. It is a game that fails or succeeds without us. We don't fit and we aren't wanted by them, simple really. We really need to move on.

I am not saying let SOE get away with what they did, however. Anytime I am asked in another game about something that is published by that taint, I will make sure the person knows how they treat their faithful. If I see an SOE logo on PSP games, PC games, or anything, it will immediately be returned to the shelf.

SOE said * you to us. I say * you back 10x. I am a customer, a pissed off customer, and you have exhausted my faith and hope. I am your worst nightmare. You will NEVER recover from this SOE. You had a chance to do the right thing by us, but instead you say "its off the table". * you, * you, * you Smedley.

If those "critics" were real critics, they would have walked out of the meeting as soon as they heard that what the fans really want was not even considerable. Instead, they all stay. Not one of them has a spine, not one.

Akevv Ostone
    No Longer SWG Free :(

• iskareotiskareot Member Posts: 2,143

Lol yep he said no to that... it is not worth the investment.

He also explained that Server Mergers are near and need to be addressed.

lol... outstanding..lol

• akevvakevv Member Posts: 208

Yes, it is a sad situation. I have been iinstructing my son on how SOE is not to be trusted. He recently picked up a game for the PSP and showed it to me. I saw the SOE logo and told him there is no way it can be worth the time to play. He put it back and you could see him examining the other games he picked up for that logo. Generational hate!

Akevv Ostone
    No Longer SWG Free :(

• fozzie22fozzie22 Member Posts: 1,003
    I stopped caring about SWG months ago when i realised the game from start was a pile of bollocks.
  • EhRGeiZEhRGeiZ Member Posts: 7
    “If you want to commit suicide you can use my razor; it's electric, but you can hang yourself with the cord”
  • ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Smed,

Ignore the people with nothing to do but voice their opinion of a game they neither PLAY nor PAY for, and have no intentions of doing so no matter what you do. Keep up building on what is already there. You have a current playerbase. Listen to us. THAT is how the game will survive and grow, NOT by going backwards.  Listen to the "I hate SOE/SWG" trolls and the game will fail. Thank you.

Originally posted by Zorvan

Smed,
    Ignore the people with nothing to do but voice their opinion of a game they neither PLAY nor PAY for, and have no intentions of doing so no matter what you do. Keep up building on what is already there. You have a current playerbase. Listen to us. THAT is how the game will survive and grow, NOT by going backwards.  Listen to the "I hate SOE/SWG" trolls and the game will fail. Thank you.
    Yeah, because apparentally the 2 and a half years of paying for anywhere between 1 and 3 accounts CERTAINLY does not constitute for me giving my opinion, nor my criticism. Most of us criticize because we have the hope that enough bitching, they'll do SOMETHING to bring back the so-many they've lost. It's obvious they don't care, and that makes us even more pissed off. Take a seat and get used to it.
  • xAlrythxxAlrythx Member Posts: 585
    Originally posted by EhRGeiZ

Smed,
    Yeah, because apparentally the 2 and a half years of paying for anywhere between 1 and 3 accounts CERTAINLY does not constitute for me giving my opinion, nor my criticism. Most of us criticize because we have the hope that enough bitching, they'll do SOMETHING to bring back the so-many they've lost. It's obvious they don't care, and that makes us even more pissed off. Take a seat and get used to it.

QFT

Zorvan your forum credit just fell out of the window

Currently Playing: Everything but MMORPGs
    Cancelled: L2, FFXI, VSoH, LotRO, WAR, WoW
    Looking Forward To: SW:TOR

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

You USED to play and you USED to pay. Now, you do not. You continuously demand something that has been irrevocably shot down: pre-cu. In case you haven't noticed, there are alot more people playing since Chapter 5 went live. They are fixing bugs and adding back stuff. They are MOVING FORWARD. If bringing the good from pre-nge and adding it to the game now is not enough for you, too bad. There are other games to play. You guys seem to think YOU are the ones who will make or break the game. You're not. Take a seat and get used to it.

Wanna be pissed off and rant all the time? Be my guest. You have the right.

Originally posted by xAlrythx

QFT

I'll try not to lose sleep over it

• keltic1701keltic1701 Member Posts: 1,162

You USED to play and you USED to pay. Now, you do not. You continuously demand something that has been irrevocably shot down: pre-cu. In case you haven't noticed, there are alot more people playing since Chapter 5 went live. They are fixing bugs and adding back stuff. They are MOVING FORWARD. If bringing the good from pre-nge and adding it to the game now is not enough for you, too bad. There are other games to play. You guys seem to think YOU are the ones who will make or break the game. You're not. Take a seat and get used to it.

Originally posted by xAlrythx

QFT

I'll try not to lose sleep over it

A lot more people playing since Chaper Five? You don't happen to have any numbers or concrete proof of that? Or is this simply your opinion? Until you come up with something other than just a speculation or observation, I think you can take a seat. It was blow-hard crybabies like you that ruined this great game anyway.
  • HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851

Smed,
    Ignore the people with nothing to do but voice their opinion of a game they neither PLAY nor PAY for, and have no intentions of doing so no matter what you do. Keep up building on what is already there. You have a current playerbase. Listen to us. THAT is how the game will survive and grow, NOT by going backwards. Listen to the "I hate SOE/SWG" trolls and the game will fail. Thank you.

I really hope, he just screws all of you current subscribers over too, just completely cluster-twists everything and it appeals to no one, thus making the game just die. If I can't have my game back, then no one can have it. I'd rather see it die and everyone lose out then see it continuely in it's terrible form barely surviving. It seems that this "new playerbase" completely phases out that SOE never did anything to their old playerbase and it will never happen to them. Well that's cool, cause you know I bet Germany feels the same way about Hitler's rein of terror.

Before you mouth off and say well you don't play the new version of NGE, well thanks to free unlimited trial accounts I can poke in every once and a while, normally after huge changes and check everything out for myself. Not once have I logged in and been impressed with the "new" game. When will you guys ever learn that you can expect quality from a game, not just sit there and take it?

The reason we won't get our old SWG back is because of the nit-wit "new playerbase" isn't demanding anything from SOE, if they turned over and said we want SWG back the way it was, they would have no choice but to shut-down or convert back. It won't happen because they are not the rebelous type. One day Smedley will wake and realize we have him by his balls, they can't hold out forever and in the end we will win, even if it takes years. We can still be satisfied we brought the game to it's knees, by saying no to the bullshit they tried to feed us.

Anyway, if you read this Smedley, a big FU for completely shitting on our game.

[[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • nakumanakuma Member UncommonPosts: 1,310

yeah forget the VETS who committed 2-3 years to this game only get toppled to the side for 12-16 year olds with ADD, who have no idea how good the game was back PRE CU. sometimes ignorance is bliss.

the funny thing is, as they progress in this narcassistic self indulged NGE fiasco, they are slowly bringing back elements of the old game. IRONY THY NAME IS NGE!

lol camps, trader revamps to bring back their involvment when in fact they should of kept involvment in the first place, rather than destory decay and gimp the whole enconomy and make it a looted gear fest where traders cant possibly compete,(Mind you they still have no decay enabled as of yet, which essentially makes making weapons and armors pointless, cause you can only sell them to so many people before u run out of customers lol)

CH suposably in a different indirect form(we will have to wait with baited breath on that gem). lol expertise which is very similar to WOW talent tree (im sorry if you played both you cant help but to notice a strong similarity), the inclusion of a generic level system when in fact skill system was in fact truly better and more flexible and more diverse allowing for more individuality.

ahh what else? let me think, GCW which although was here PRE CU wasnt anywhere near what it is now,(which depending on you look at it, is sort of an improvement it kinda gives you a reason to PVP) and it once again is highly similar to WOW PVP Faction base system. (sorry to point the obvious i play both) where u gain honor either with rebels, or Imperials, and with other factions(although with factions that was already there but very basic had no influential control on what you benefited whether it was gear, weapons, or buffs, or items none of that was involved til NGE) not to mention the reinclusion of "Skill tapes, augmentations, Powerbits, modifiable sockets to weapons, armor, lol once again a old system reintroduced into NGE.

which also is extremely different from the Old skill tape system that orginal game had, now its very similar to WOW system which SWG's reverse engineering is nothing more than disenchanting=which is the breaking down of gear to its raw components to make or enhance elements or stats to given armor or weapon to enhance it lol. anyone notice that gem? only thing is enchanting vs powerbits and modifiying stats are both similar directly and indirectly though u cant really associate the names together as SOE once again is the master of illusions and has pulled out its grabbag of Bullsh!T to fool us into thinking we are getting new content, new elements to the gameplay. frankly that is not the case, its nothing more than recycled elements of the Old SWG game, and with WOW'esque elements added to make it more inviting and intriguing lol which i term loosely of course.

there is so many elements they kept , or re-added from the old system and other elements that are snatched from the WOW system. (although it could be argued that WOW is the culmination of several MMO's which begs of the old "WHICH CAME FIRST THE CHICKEN OR THE EGG

I went back for the Trader revamp cause frankly I enjoyed making Droids as a MAster Droid Engineer, Ill admit there are some droids, like droidekas which are lvl 60 and do roughly double the dmg the lvl 30 probots do but once again its a rehash of old elements, take entertainers who can buff you( cant really compare that too WOW in any direct form) but I found buffs dont last thru a log off, so you gotta go back to an ent to get a buff,( cant say thats a bad thing as it keeps people interacting) but the melee thing is silly with "DRAMA" which makes enterainers essentially a form of TK melee. i was laughing my ass off at that. truthfully from a content, and game mechanic enchancment its not really much, not realyl adding truly new or iventive nor original in anyway. its a combination of rehashed elements with an expertise tree for traders and ents who now are able to go into PVP. traders going into PVP is pretty much pointless, dont even get me started on that. why they did that is beyond me.

SOE continues to surprise me with their unfounded stupidity, and unrelenting denial of the game going down the stinker. i invested 3 years into this game, and this is the thanks I get, slap int he face and told to head to the door and leave, im not wanted, I was thrown to the side for a 'demographic" that was never there in the first place and now they are paying the price. Im just hoping perhaps a new SWG, or Taba ralusa comes and takes my pain away lol. cause like many veterans like me, we were violated by smed the wonder kid.

given the history of the changes of NGE you cant help but to notice the underlying connection to WOW, old elements of the original SWG, and just a sad generic system, that holds no intrigue, no originality and no individuality let alone no diversity. i guess it comes to a point where you just throw your hands up and say "fu%%k it let them enjoy that game, let them give their money to SOE, and get played, cause in due time, they game is gonna change to something theyt dont like, and they too are gonna be in the same boat as us veterans, wondering where the game went, and whining and bitching like us hoping perhaps our voices will be heard.

3.4ghz Phenom II X4 965, 8GB PC12800 DDR3 GSKILL, EVGA 560GTX 2GB OC, 640GB HD SATA II, BFG 1000WATT PSU. MSI NF980-G65 TRI-SLI MOBO.

Originally posted by HashBrick
    I really hope, he just screws all of you current subscribers over too, just completely cluster-twists everything and it appeals to know, thus making the game just die. If I can't have my game back, then no one can have it. I'd rather see it die and everyone lose out then see it continuely in it's terrible form barely surviving.

I like your style, and I totally and utterly agree. I'm gonna take a seat after that one.

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831
    Making  a RPG system into BF 1942 systems is a bad idea with the SWG engine. Use the UT III engine and keep the RPG elements. If you want a FPS multiplayer play Battlefront. And smed hire me please.
  • PyscoJuggaloPyscoJuggalo Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

If customers can't break a game when they get screwed, well then we are all in trouble as customers, just an observation.  If Devs can piss on their customers' collective faces and then "move on," then as customers we are all fucked.

Sorry Zorvan, we disagree here.  Yeah, it may have happened over a year ago, but time festers old wounds

-But when SOE F's over the NGE crowd, or Vanguard crowd, or EQ 2 crowd, we will still be here to tell em,

"TOLD YOU SO, MORONS!  OH YEAH!  FORGIVE THEM WHEN THEY DO NOT ASK FOR FORGIVENESS!  DIDN'T YOU STUDY SKINNER???  DON'T REWARD BAD BEHAVIOR!"

Just sayin

--When you resubscribe to SWG, an 18 yearold Stripper finds Jesus, gives up stripping, and moves with a rolex reverend to Hawaii.
    --In MMORPG's l007 is the opiate of the masses.
    --The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence!
    --CCP could cut off an Eve player's fun bits, and that player would say that it was good CCP did that.

• JohnFranzJohnFranz Member Posts: 44
    Originally posted by PyscoJuggalo

If customers can't break a game when they get screwed, well then we are all in trouble as customers, just an observation.  If Devs can piss on their customers' collective faces and then "move on," then as customers we are all fucked.

Sorry Zorvan, we disagree here.  Yeah, it may have happened over a year ago, but time festers old wounds

-But when SOE F's over the NGE crowd, or Vanguard crowd, or EQ 2 crowd, we will still be here to tell em,

"TOLD YOU SO, MORONS!  OH YEAH!  FORGIVE THEM WHEN THEY DO NOT ASK FOR FORGIVENESS!  DIDN'T YOU STUDY SKINNER???  DON'T REWARD BAD BEHAVIOR!"

Just sayin QFT

"President Smedley, if you seek fame, if you seek prosperity for the SOE and LA, if you seek subscriptions: Come here to the players! Mr. Smedly, listen to the players! Mr. Smedley, roll back these servers!" - Ronald Reagan

Star Wars NGE (New Guiled Economics)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8687227922034118883
    Sums up my feelings about SWG pretty well :(

• PyscoJuggaloPyscoJuggalo Member UncommonPosts: 1,114
    BTW- when I say Devs I mean companies not people in this case.

--When you resubscribe to SWG, an 18 yearold Stripper finds Jesus, gives up stripping, and moves with a rolex reverend to Hawaii.
    --In MMORPG's l007 is the opiate of the masses.
    --The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence!
    --CCP could cut off an Eve player's fun bits, and that player would say that it was good CCP did that.

• CeylousCeylous Member Posts: 134
    I LOVE STAR WARS AND ALWAYS WILL LOVE ANYTHING STAR WARS FOREVER AND EVER... (except galaxies)

Heres my MMO gaming experience so you gals/guys will have some sort of idea on what games I've played.

FFXI, PS, EVE, WoW, EQOA, Rappelz, FlyFF - about 1yr on each with the exception of rap and flyff like two weeks total on those two.

Most of what I'm typing about is for the SWG vets in general.

Ok now I dont want to come off as rude, crude, heartless, or mean but ever since this NGE thing came along I've been kept in a state of constant entertainment reading about this stuff.  Dont get me wrong vets ..... I'm not relishing in the pain that you've gone through. Not at all,(if that happened to me I'd be fuming) but this stuff on the boards reads soooooo much like a soap opera. For some reason I keep thinking of the good ol' line "hilarious hijinks and madcap fun".  Classic good VS evil. On one hand the deliciously evil Dark Lord smedley spreads his viciousness and cruelty throughout the SWG universe and on the other hand you've got the kind ever so playfully paying folk who just have to take it on the chin. Well....... there needs to be a rebellion of some sorts. (LETS ALL BAND TOGETHER AND MAKE ANOTHER MMO) easy right.

Oh btw I have played the trial-version of SWG..... it was really fun and intuitive NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.... It sucked... really really hard. Half of the time I couldn't even shoot at the mobs because of the constant jerkiness. (I have a decent system btw) If I'm going to be aiming at something at least it would be nice to hit a specific body part or something but ....UGH..... its just bad. Oh and also having them hide behind solid walls and then run around aimlessly shooting me while running away at the same time without even turning around... ridiculous. Not only the fact that even in the off chance that I would shoot the mobs (even in the head) it would still take the same amount of health off. EVEN THOUGH I HAVE TO TAKE THE TIME TO AIM MAKE IT WORTH MY WHILE other than the same ol' -24 or something pathetic.  anyways....

#1 - I need some info. Like how many people left SWG that were pre-NGE. Then also how many other people left just because they got screwed. Also how much (roughly) of a percentage of people remained after the NGE changes.

#2 - How much worth in dollars could you put on your prior SWG experience. How much of a monetary value would you spend in order to get back everything to the way it was. Please dont say priceless just a ball park figure. I dont mean give anymore money to SOE but hire a developer to make this MMO again. BTW why can't we as an MMO community as a whole look at MMO developers as hiring THEM to make what WE want rather than just accepting whatever that comes down the pike and spending hard earned cash on a whim that a game might be good. I mean there are games like VSoH that DONT EVEN COME WITH A TRIAL  WTF IS THAT ABOUT!!!!

#3 - What possible reason caused them to switch from the old system? I'm sure that if there was more money in it to stick with pre-NGE stuff they probably  would have stuck with it, but maybe their just gambling on trying to get a younger crowd that would replace the vets.

#4 - Is there a site. A MAIN SITE not some small site but a main site that lists everyone that was effected and how many accounts they had on SWG that left because of this NGE thing. It would be nice if it had a calculation of how much money that SOE is loosing every month. Maybe the list and $$$ would get larger and larger over time.

I've heard ALOT on how it was the interface and the job selection/skills that made SWG unique. If I'm not mistaken (I very well could be) but you could have 2 classes a main job and a subjob like FFXI. That type of class system REALLY kept me going when I played FFXI but the gil sellers/chinese farmers did it in for me there.

Basically I'll be honest.....I would definitely put a serious amount of time in making an MMO even a crappy one at first but most important of all I'd want to work for a company that was 100% transparent when it came to not only how many subscribers there were but on how much money was being made as well.

I guess I could say "As the sands shift on Tatooine...... so do the......." well you know the rest ahhahhhhahhahhah GIVE EM HELL VETS or just make another MMO for me to play because I might end up just too lazy to make one.

we'll c

Is there an MMO that out there that isn't affected by Xao Ping Wang and their money grubbing macro bots?
    http://wow.stratics.com/content/features/editorials/mf/
    Just say no to ingame money/mob farming.... the site says it all