Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PvP questions...

Keeping in mind that  my rogue is only level 12 (Varking, Shadow) at the moment, I was curious about a few pvp questions:

1. Is there any point to infamy?  Will higher infamy gain  you bonuses somehow (or has there been any hint about this from the devs)?

2. Is pvp looting bugged?  I've killed about a dozen "enemy" players so far.  All have been within the apporpriate level range - most equal or higher level.  I have yet to get any loot from these kills.  I realize that it should be a mediocre percentage of what they currently have on them but I haven't received a single copper on any kill. Did they all of zero coin on them?  Am I missing something? Further to that, the way I see it (and I do this myself), when one goes out hunting other players you would first offload most of your coin in the bank; thus, most pvp kills won't net much loot anyway.

3. Is there any plan to grant xp for pvp kills?  This is a major downer, in my opinion.

Bottom line, with infamy meaning squat, pvp looting either bugged or minimal at best, and no xp for pvp kills, I have to ask what is the bloody point of pvp.  Where is the reward for my risk (and only being such a low lvl and seeking decent pvp is risky, believe me).

I understand that pvp is not everyone's cup of tea.  It is my drink of choice, however.  I've perhaps been spoiled by the excellent pvp system in Dark Age of Camelot.  I was drawn to VG as it was new, shiny (literally!), and has great potential.  I'm really hoping that pvp rewards will get a revamp sometime in the future.  My worry is that, with all of the other higher priority bugs/fixes to be implemented that people seem to be complaining a lot more about, pvp will not receive much attention for a very long time.

Last point - I do, indeed, realize that pvp play was a bit of an afterthought in VG's development.  I can only hope it doesn't take the lowest priority in the evolution of the game.

Comments

• beauxajbeauxaj Member Posts: 245

I might be wrong, but i believe in its current iteration, the way pvp looting works is that players with infamy will be lootable.  If you're just killing others that have no infamy you get nothing.  Being infamous yourself, when you're killed they will get stuff of of you. The higher your infamy the more you will drop.

• SalveoSalveo Member Posts: 12
    beauxaj - I wasn't aware of such a system (first I've heard of it, really, but I'm a bit of a casual player and I turned /ooc off the first day of playing).  That would be interesting...
  • beauxajbeauxaj Member Posts: 245

Silkyvenom's site is a pretty good place to look for pvp info.

Here's a link to the pvp forum there:

http://www.silkyvenom.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67

Enjoy.

• SalveoSalveo Member Posts: 12
    Originally posted by beauxaj

Silkyvenom's site is a pretty good place to look for pvp info.
    Here's a link to the pvp forum there:
    http://www.silkyvenom.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67
    Enjoy.
    Merci, Beaux. (Thanks)