Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

played the game .. it sucks ... looking for something NOT in beta

oh well ... i guess i figured vanguard would suck ... but i tried it anyway .. and it does ...

anyone get the feeling like they're playing a game which was rushed out ? it feels like a beta ..

any other games out there i can try?

i dont like wow or eq2 either ...

Comments

• Demz2Demz2 Member Posts: 435
    Maybe try DDO or lotr, i here both these games are high on being RP games, and nothing much more.
  • TryggviTryggvi Member Posts: 83
    I have a feeling you only played  a few minutes.  And because you went in with a negative view about it, you didn't let yourself see the good stuff.  Anyways, Vanguard won't miss you.
  • IvanTheFoolIvanTheFool Member Posts: 75
      Bah, I'm feeling like a Mythic fanboy this morning, but have you tried DAoC?  Pretty sure there are free trials.  Yeah if might be on its way out if Mythic doesnt do the extremely obvious thing and bundle WAR and DAoc Subscriptions..  but its worth the time checking out.  Look arond for 8v8 vids and relic raid vids, or maybe stealther / infiltrator / nightshade / shadowblade / minstrel  player made vids.  Shoudl give you an idea of the flow of combat a little bit.

Not sure what kinda game you are looking for, guild wars is pretty good if you are looking for instant action pvp stuff.  The sense of accomplishment that mmorpgs bring really is absent though.  As the top notch PvE gear is just a different skin.  You could get the same stats on pvp toons in a matter of seconds.

Or maybe you are loking for a single player rpg to take up your time?  Well, whatever...  good luck on finding a game that holds your interest, I know I'm having a hell of a time finding one.
  • NeuroXlNeuroXl Member Posts: 291
    i might try LOTR .... but DDO i heard sucked as well

reason im skeptical about LOTR is because its a major franchise .... and so far the record with big movies to game translation isnt good ... seems they bank on the movies popularity and not a well developed game to get the #'s
  • LionexxLionexx Member UncommonPosts: 680
    I hear all LOTR is a prettyer Wow.....

Playing: Everthing
    Played: DAoC,AC2,EvE,SWG,WAR,MXO,CoX,EQ2,L2,LOTRO,SB,UO,WoW.
    I have played every MMO that has ever come out.

• DicharekDicharek Member UncommonPosts: 177
    I think VG has rich content in certain areas and poor content in other areas, so sure it feels abit unfinished. But I have never experienced any crashes or sudden drop of fps outside towns.

If you don't like WoW you will probably not like LOTR:O either if you're not a LOTR fan.

EVE is a good game if you don't like the fantasy style games.

If you however like fantasy games you can try Lineage 2, good graphics and hardware friendly.

If you don't like the grinding in mmorpg's then  you shouldn't play mmorpg games.  Sure linear grinding is boring, but advancing from peasant to hero without any kind of grinding would only make it unrealistic and people would complain about that. A baseball player doesn't go pro without spending hundreds or thousands of hours on the field.
  • chbizchbiz Member Posts: 92
    Originally posted by NeuroXl

oh well ... i guess i figured vanguard would suck ... but i tried it anyway .. and it does ...

anyone get the feeling like they're playing a game which was rushed out ? it feels like a beta ..

lol seems that everything sucks, must be your age.
  • KhaunsharKhaunshar Member UncommonPosts: 349
    No major MMO fits your demands. tough luck I suppose. Either pick a small, old one thats slowly dying or extremely niche, or stick up with the new ones that havent gotten their bugs ironed out yet.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Well, I tried Vanguard for the past 6 weeks... and while there are easily 10 things I really enjoyed about the game...there were about as many reasaon to dislike it.  (many just from a playstyle/design perspective)

Its just not what I'm looking for in a game....

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TallynTallyn Member UncommonPosts: 217
    Dang, if the contenders for today's greatest games don't satisfy you, then maybe you should restart your gaming experience with some classic single-player RPGs. Eventually you'll get sick of them and find any MMORPG to your liking!

Baldur's Gate

Baldur's Gate 2

Icewind Dale

Icewind Dale 2

Fallout

Gothic

Gothic 2

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

The Legend of Zelda

It's always nice to take a break from all of that questing and raiding and just shut yourself of from the world even moreso than you did before.

Good luck!
  • ntcrawlerntcrawler Member Posts: 329
    I think you should just play vanguard while waiting for AoC, WAR, LoTR.
  • NeuroXlNeuroXl Member Posts: 291
    Originally posted by Tallyn

Dang, if the contenders for today's greatest games don't satisfy you, then maybe you should restart your gaming experience with some classic single-player RPGs. Eventually you'll get sick of them and find any MMORPG to your liking!

Baldur's Gate

Baldur's Gate 2

Icewind Dale

Icewind Dale 2

Fallout

Gothic

Gothic 2

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

The Legend of Zelda

It's always nice to take a break from all of that questing and raiding and just shut yourself of from the world even moreso than you did before.

Good luck!
    ok actually bro .... i think you might have come up with something ....

the reason its so hard for me to commit to a particular game .. is because if im going to invest serious time into it ... i need it to be something i KNOW i will stick with 5 months to one year down the road ect.....

theres nothing out there right now .. in terms of workhorse grinding MMO's i feel comfortable comitting to .... BUT ... with a single player .. i dont have to worry about serious comittment .. its like a girlfriend who lets you sleep around and always welcomes you back with open arms, enabling you to take up the relationship EXACTLY where ya left off ... in a Serious MMO ... you leave one week .. and come back .. all your buddies have better weps ... more money .... higher levels ... more friends ... it sucks ... they dont wait for no one ...

so the answer for right now .. IS one of two things .... a CASUAL MMO ... or ... a single player old school rpg ......

when it comes to the single player old school rpg's i wont need help in finding those ... plenty to go around .. and id proly fire up my old turbo graphics DUO .. and play some old nostalgic 2d'er ... ( graphics arent great ... but filled with action and TG16 always delivered pure action in its rpg's)

when it comes to casual MMO's i have no idea .. i played dungeon runner's ... and for being a free casual game .. it wasnt bad ... but it wasnt really good either ... maaaaybe i should start thinking about city of villains again ( played and proly one of the best " casual" mmo's out there ... but i started to get a feelingt of doom while playing cuz i all to well KNEW ... marvel Universe MMO was just around the corner ...

aaany way .... thats the skinny ...

( ps yea yea ... i didnt plan to keep ressurecting a thread with such a horrible name for this forum .. i wanted to state my original anger at the current state of vanguard and be done with it .. ... so i didnt intend to polute the forum 1st page by bringing this thread up again ... but i kind of wanted to answer the guy i quoted )
  • ShoalShoal Member Posts: 1,156
    Originally posted by NeuroXl

Would help if you detailed *exactly* the features and difficulty level you are looking for.

Without Info, most advice is going to be not that good.