Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official "We're Angry about SOE" Thread

Comments

• Originally posted by dinda156

And that shows how little you know about SWG.

Lucas Arts forced SOE to make the changes, it was not an SOE decision.

• altairzqaltairzq Member Posts: 3,811
    Originally posted by Laiina

Originally posted by vylo

Originally posted by smegil

Only reasion decided to play Vanguard is becuse SOE was not involved with the game  if they do get involved with the game then they can kiss my fee good by
    Yours amongst many.  Even the most diehard fanboys will jump ship.  They know what SOE can do to a game.

You mean like what they did with EQ2, make it a lot better?

Or what they did with EQ1, take out all the stupid useless time sinks?

Err... no.
  • MythanielMythaniel Member Posts: 6
    EQ - unexpected downtime, link-dead, patches, etc. for years.

EQ2 - same, complete with zone crashes, server crashes, daily downtime due to memory leaks, and things like 3 days down a week in.

Vanguard - SAME. IDENTICAL. SOE KILLS IT, as we expected.

The gameplay is nice enough, kind of a Wow-ish game with an EQ feel. I like the game, the grpahics, and the engine seems sound enough.

But it's full of bugs that a week in have yet to be fixed. I mean I hope they are doing something, but haven't any proof.

So it's too bad SOE had to kill this game. But do you really think they give a rat's ass about this when they are trying to keep EQ2 afloat by stealing idea after idea from Blizzard? SOE = death to good games, including this one.

*insert profanity laden tirade re: SOE and monkey balls*

I said I would never play an SOE game again after what they did a year in to EQ2, and I should have stuck with that.

------------------------------
    the beatings will continue until the morale improves

• 00rimioj00rimioj Member Posts: 3
    I just got a SOE station account ; the confirmation email they sent contained the following text -
    "Looking for a magical adventure?  Award-winning EverQuest is the most popular
    online role-playing game on the market"

Sent :  04 February 2007 12:29:53

erm....what?
  • ZindiZindi Member Posts: 1
    Well I've played it and I think it stinks There's still a lot of work to be done on this game . bugs everywhere .And the lag ..I thourght EQ2 was bad .but this I'm going to put Vanguard aside for a while.. maybe I'll see to it in a month or two ,to see if they made any progress . becourse I cant live with a game filled with bugs and errors
  • AilleursAilleurs Member Posts: 21

Oy...I followed this game for about a year in it's early development. I loved the ideas, the lore and the fact that this was supposed to change the way MMORPGs are played. I was extremely excited about this. Then I got tied up with FFXI, EQ2 and DDO and been in the dark about V:SoH. I didn't learn that SIGIL and MS split and SOE took over until November '06. 

I'm not one of the fanboy SOE haters, but I lost alot of hope for V:SoH after learning about the change. Why? First off, there's one less competitor. With SOE's hands on this game, EQ2 can (and has) become the level-quick-to-endgame-fest that WoW is, effectively killing EQ2 for me. Second, now that EQ2 isn't as successful as SOE had hoped, they would influence SIGIL devs to make V:SoH into something to try and steal away some of the WoW faithful, instead of being THE innovators of the 3rd generation of MMORPGs.

I have not played V:SoH yet, so I cannot form my own opinion on it, but I have heard and read enough to know that I will give this AT LEAST 6-8 months before I even give it a try. I learned from DDO never to buy an MMO at release. When you try to run out of the gates before you learn to walk, you are likely to fall flat on your face. It will easily take that long for me to save up enough cash to rebuild my computer just to be able to handle Vanguard anyway.

• DentoDento Member UncommonPosts: 138

I know, I have already posted SOE sucks on this thread but after playing vanguard I feel they and Sigil have reached a new low and I am completely frustrated by the BS

So I have come back once again to proclaim SOE sucks beyond all doubt and I will never-ever even try another game that has their name on it.

thanks

• altairzqaltairzq Member Posts: 3,811
    Originally posted by Dento

I know, I have already posted SOE sucks on this thread but after playing vanguard I feel they and Sigil have reached a new low and I am completely frustrated by the BS
    So I have come back once again to proclaim SOE sucks beyond all doubt and I will never-ever even try another game that has their name on it.
    thanks

You welcome.. to the club.

SOE is the worst that can hapen to a game.
  • SxarletSxarlet Member Posts: 112

curious... did you guys never hear of NPCube / Farlan?

It would make all people at SOE saints I think...

• Why is it so hard for people to understand that all of the problem with VG are SIGIL's doing, not SOE?

Microsoft dropped this game, and I figure they must have had a reason for it.

SOE is not responsible for Sigil running out of money, for the far too early release, for the several changes in development (long before SOE got involved) that ate up millions in funding, nor for the bland "all the same everywhere" scenery.

But facts do not matter to the true SOE hater I guess.

• smg77smg77 Member Posts: 672

Why is it so hard for people to understand that all of the problem with VG are SIGIL's doing, not SOE?
    Microsoft dropped this game, and I figure they must have had a reason for it.
    SOE is not responsible for Sigil running out of money, for the far too early release, for the several changes in development (long before SOE got involved) that ate up millions in funding, nor for the bland "all the same everywhere" scenery.
    But facts do not matter to the true SOE hater I guess.
    Why is it so hard for people to understand that it doesn't matter what Sigil does at this point? Now that SOE has their claws into the game it will be ruined.

For right now SOE is only responsible for the servers, tech support and marketing. We *get* that but what you don't understand is that Sigil is reliant on SOE for funding which means that SOE is in the driver's seat.
  • Originally posted by smg77

Why is it so hard for people to understand that it doesn't matter what Sigil does at this point? Now that SOE has their claws into the game it will be ruined.

For right now SOE is only responsible for the servers, tech support and marketing. We *get* that but what you don't understand is that Sigil is reliant on SOE for funding which means that SOE is in the driver's seat.

Uhm.... WILL be?

And all the problems I see with VG are all Sigil's doing, not SOE.

And how is Sigil reliant on SOE for funding?

The problem with you and so many of the SOE haters is that no amount of facts or logic will ever get past that wall of hate. Kind of like those folks that are still convinced that there are UFO's at Hanger 51.

• DeadJesterDeadJester Member Posts: 499
     What there are no UFO's at area51
  • TamalanTamalan Member Posts: 1,117
    Of course there are UFO's at Area 51, its a testing base for new and experiental aircraft.

UFO = Unidentified Flying Object, to anyone outside of the base anything flying round there is just that.

I think he means Alien UFO's.

And there is currently no evidence either way to prove or disprove what they have sat in their hangars and where it came from :)
  • smg77smg77 Member Posts: 672

Originally posted by smg77

Uhm.... WILL be?

The problem with you and so many of the SOE haters is that no amount of facts or logic will ever get past that wall of hate. Kind of like those folks that are still convinced that there are UFO's at Hanger 51.

Sigil has been fairly open about the fact that they are out of money hence the early launch. SOE is now in the driver's seat because they are holding the purse strings. That's about as logical as it gets.
  • SturmrabeSturmrabe Member Posts: 927

Uhm.... WILL be?

Sigil has been fairly open about the fact that they are out of money hence the early launch. SOE is now in the driver's seat because they are holding the purse strings. That's about as logical as it gets.

total pwnage...

A: Microsoft wouldn't launch a beta, if M$ wouldn't go alon with a marketing scam you KNOW you are boned.

B: SOE would

Conclusion: SOE is evil, but Brad McGay is just as evil cause they are doing what he asked, BONING YOU!

imageimage
    Of all that is written, I love only what a person has written with his own blood. -Nietzsche

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by Sturmrabe

Uhm.... WILL be?

total pwnage...

A: Microsoft wouldn't launch a beta, if M$ wouldn't go alon with a marketing scam you KNOW you are boned.

B: SOE would

Conclusion: SOE is evil, but Brad McGay is just as evil cause they are doing what he asked, BONING YOU!

It's the SOE fanclub against the SOE bashclub here! It makes me laugh!

Fact is that as of late ...every title that is being released under the flag of SOE lately is a failure. Dunno tho? But to me that is a pretty clear sign in how things are running over there at SOE. NOT GOOD!

I have never seen such a large amount of unhappy customers these past years as with SOE. Sure you have an amount of players that troll at every oportunity they get, but seriously tho. This large amount of unhappy customers towards SOE can't be ignored any longer!

It is a plain fact that John Smedly deserves an entry in the Guiness Book of World records as the most incompetent CEO ever! Ever since he stepped into that position things went downhill. And then I mean right down into the sewer!

It's not about Lucas Arts doing this and Sigil doing that .... it's about how bad stuff is being released under the flag of SOE as of late! The utmost deceiving marketing of SOE with their big lies trying to get every dime out of people's pockets with products not worth releasing (yet)!

If SOE and Sigil would have wanting to make a serious succes out of this game then SOE should have put in some extra dollars funding in Sigil so they could have released the game a couple of months later!!

Now a lot of people buy the game, get fed up within a couple of days, or even earlier, throw the game aside and won't look back!

We all know all too well what happened to Matrix Online. It had the greatest community ever. An awesome fanbase. Game gets released in an awefull state (just like Vanguard) and it lost its entire player base within 3 months! And I very much sense the same thing will happen to Vanguard now! There are so many bugs and game breaking stuff in it, it will take too much time for them to fix it and keep their players happy!

Everyone can dash and spit on World of Warcraft. But plain fact is that Blizzard has 8million subscribers and SOE won't even come near that amount with all their current running MMO's combined!

Vanguard had great potential. Just like Matrix Online had. Just like SWG had in its early days. It's a downright shame!

Cheers

• deucalliondeucallion Member Posts: 183
    Face it friends, Vanguard is gonna go the way of Shadowbane.  It shall fade into obscurity and those of us that care to look back will just smile grimly and shake our heads.  There there now, don't cry.  Deep down we all knew it would be so.  Crashes, bugs, lag, bugs, crashes . . . we've seen it all before.  A game released before it is ready will fail.  It is inevitable.  So now that I've reminded us all of that one universal inescapable truth, we can just let that festering turd of a game lie and get back to the business of getting along again right? Good!
  • IvanTheFoolIvanTheFool Member Posts: 75
    Originally posted by deucallion

Face it friends, Vanguard is gonna go the way of Shadowbane.  It shall fade into obscurity and those of us that care to look back will just smile grimly and shake our heads.  There there now, don't cry.  Deep down we all knew it would be so.  Crashes, bugs, lag, bugs, crashes . . . we've seen it all before.  A game released before it is ready will fail.  It is inevitable.  So now that I've reminded us all of that one universal inescapable truth, we can just let that festering turd of a game lie and get back to the business of getting along again right? Good!
       Vanguard actually is more stable than Shadowbane,  Remember cancelling that after the first week only getting to play about two hours because login servers got borked.  Then again, Shadowbane had the whole player run cities and was setup for PvP .  I'll be happy to see alot of games buried, wouldn't mind reading about a huge mmorpg dev Kool-aid cult party suicide too.  Nothing else seems to be sparking a change for new fun ideas in this genre.
  • chewdog82chewdog82 Member Posts: 20
    im sorry, but this game is horrible. the Hardware req are beyond NORMAL ppls computers. The models look like I made them in paintbrush. they basically made one of the biggest patch updates 2days before the PUBLIC release. Just look at all the ppl that say the same thing i do, and you got your conclusion. Im reallly sorry i spent the 10.00 for the beta access.
  • VistaakahVistaakah Member Posts: 176
    Originally posted by chewdog82

im sorry, but this game is horrible. the Hardware req are beyond NORMAL ppls computers. The models look like I made them in paintbrush. they basically made one of the biggest patch updates 2days before the PUBLIC release. Just look at all the ppl that say the same thing i do, and you got your conclusion. Im reallly sorry i spent the 10.00 for the beta access.
    Thats cheaper then the 50 dollar coaster i got on my desk ;)
  • chewdog82chewdog82 Member Posts: 20
    Vistaakah i couldnt love you more lol, or agree with ya =)
  • ansellusansellus Member Posts: 3
    I played SWG from beta and bought the game on launch date. I loved that game... for a while. But of course that changed and there's plenty of posts on this thread about why.

I promised myself that I wouldn't play another MMO with SOE's name to it, unless I heard lots (and I mean really lots) of good things about it. Having read this forum (reading posts stating good and bad things about the game) I'm patting myself on the back for sticking to my promise. I just feel sorry for the people who've wasted their cash on what appears to be another currently incomplete and flawed MMO.

End of Trolling
  • BeeryBeery Member Posts: 184
    SWG is probably never going to be the game that it was, but after the recent publishes I'd say it works better than it ever has.  That's not saying it is better in terms of what you can do - it's a different game.  But the new developers have made the game feel like a well designed game rather than the mismatched bunch of game features that it was.  I'd rather be playing SWG now than any other game.  There's still no other game that compares to it.
  • RavendasRavendas Member Posts: 19

Ok  first things 1st i signed up to the site after reading this long and entertaining thread just so i could add my comments on a game that i actually bought retail and as painful as it was levelled a rogue in the infinium (eu) server to L18 before tossing the game in the dustbin a long time before my free gratis 30 days subscription were up.

This Game sucks big time end of story , broken quests , chunking of major proportions , bugs , lagg ,you name it this game has got it.

I for one was really dissapointed i really wanted to like this game but as a seasoned rpg  player of more than 25 years i just wanted to cry. Yesterday saw the first updated content patch to be released it screwed the game big time and made it far worse than it was already , the whole emphasis on group play is not a bad thing but and here's the but ..  IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO SOLO with any degree of success my rogue was left unable to solo mobs while doing menial quests on mobs 2-3 levels below because of 1.a poor user interface . 2.i'm probably a crap rogue well i was after i got nerfed in yesterdays update.The whole die and lose 3 days worth of xp trying to get back to your tombstone because you get ported to an area rezz point that is far above your level really sucks and was a deciding factor in me placing this game in file 13.

I feel sorry for sigil and i hope they don't go under because of sony's involvement my prediction is the game will be dead inside of a year if they don't address the fundamental issues regarding major game mechanics and do it sharpish insteaad of adding content that won't be seen by many people once the game dies a slow painful death.

Ravendas L18 ( Deleted) infinium (EU)